[EA, D8] Court Part 5

Hisomu Kuni

Re: [EA, D8] Court Part 5

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:34 am

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:32 am
"That would not have been my first choice, but as my father states we go to war with the army we have," she offered.

"Once the thaw recedes we can leave, in the meanwhile would Kuni-san be open to future private discussions on this subject? I am ever the faithful student."
"Of course. I will be ready whenever you are, Doji-sama."
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:35 am

"I also would like to speak to Hisomu Kuni-san, if he had a moment."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:37 am

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:34 am
"Of course. I will be ready whenever you are, Doji-sama."
"I am thankful, Kuni-san, the Crane are thankful," she said with a respectful bow.
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:35 am
"It seems you will be in high demand," she turned from the man to Susumu.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:43 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:35 am
"Of course." He looks to Susumu for permission to step away.
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:37 am
"I am thankful, Kuni-san, the Crane are thankful," she said with a respectful bow.

That comment got a slight reaction. Kuni was used to be knowledgeable on his area of expertise. He was not use to being in demand. He was just a background character after all.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:44 am

Kyosei steps to the side to allow Kuni to either join him, or move on.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:10 am

Rei had been surprised by Susumu's sudden praise. It felt like an overestimation and she was unsure how to react. There was an awkward pause as the Spider left the dais, leaving her before the Emperor again.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:48 am

Yuzuru Hiroya wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:29 pm
Hiroya bows again "No apologies necessary Togashi-sama." He said quietly and then lapsed back into silence as they talked about what Satsuki should do knowing it was certainly not his place to weigh in on such matters. He saw Ko's hand fall to the side and his own found it gently gripping it for comfort and ground in this tumultuous situation.
While the rest of court continued apace she managed to be there for Satsuki, giving her support, but more than that hidden admist all one might expect she had Hiroya's hand in her own. Fingers intertwining almost reflexively. Discrete only by the subtleness and lacking call to attention she gave it.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:29 am

Nozomi, having not slept well, and having several other functions to perform, was late in entering the audience chambers. The aftermath of the commotion may have been cleaned up, but the harrowed effects it had on others' nerves was obvious no matter what. When she had bowed to the dais, she and her daughter went to the wall, waiting to be summoned or until she found someone free to approach for more information. Servant gossip was not something she was relying on today.

============

(OOC: Was out today. back. Private Message/Quote me if you approach Nozomi. I will be checking in and finding someone for her to approach tomorrow if nobody has already.)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:01 am

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:37 am
[
"The reward for good work is more work Doji-san" Susumu replies, brining an outstretched hand delicately to his lips as if to hide a laugh.

"And it would appear that there is plenty of work to go around"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:54 am

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:01 am
"The reward for good work is more work Doji-san" Susumu replies, brining an outstretched hand delicately to his lips as if to hide a laugh.

"And it would appear that there is plenty of work to go around"
She nodded and then added warmly, "Yes we have a lifetime of work ahead, is there anything else I can do for the Spider?"
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:04 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:26 pm
"Yes, Honored Consort, I don't know if it is important. My report about the bear." She sighed. "And why it is here." Then she lowered her eyes. "Also about the way it came to this world. Which it is a portal deep in the woods."
"It is no surprise that it is a spirit of Chikushudo, but the portal is surprising."

Even on a day of such drama and evil, the Consort managed to smile. His fox even stopped growling.

"Knowing the Realm of Animals still cleaves to our own is heartening. Is the exact location known? I will have to have it watched if it is, or found if it is not."
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:04 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:04 pm
"It is no surprise that it is a spirit of Chikushudo, but the portal is surprising."

Even on a day of such drama and evil, the Consort managed to smile. His fox even stopped growling.

"Knowing the Realm of Animals still cleaves to our own is heartening. Is the exact location known? I will have to have it watched if it is, or found if it is not."
"Those truly connected to the realm can feel it's pull. I... I also saw the vicinity of where it can be. I felt its pull." She nodded looking at the fox and back to the consort. "And by what the bear spirit showed me I may be able to pin point its location. I am glad to bring such heartening news in this dark time. I worry too that this darkness may affect other realms as well." The Bayushi frowned. "I would like to aid in the endeavor of protecting the Realms that are close to Ningen-do... Such as Sakkaku and Chikuchudo."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:37 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:04 pm
"Those truly connected to the realm can feel it's pull. I... I also saw the vicinity of where it can be. I felt its pull." She nodded looking at the fox and back to the consort. "And by what the bear spirit showed me I may be able to pin point its location. I am glad to bring such heartening news in this dark time. I worry too that this darkness may affect other realms as well." The Bayushi frowned. "I would like to aid in the endeavor of protecting the Realms that are close to Ningen-do... Such as Sakkaku and Chikuchudo."
"Yes, protecting Chikushudo and Sakkaku from the influence of others is important. We will begin close to home. Can the mother bear be persuaded to return to where she belongs?"

The fox had calmed considerably and was now looking between the two with interest.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:51 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:37 pm

"Yes, protecting Chikushudo and Sakkaku from the influence of others is important. We will begin close to home. Can the mother bear be persuaded to return to where she belongs?"

The fox had calmed considerably and was now looking between the two with interest.
"She sort of told me when the cubs could cross they will return to where they belong. The cubs were too young to cross and well violence to protect them had to be ensued." She then gave a glance to Bayushi and back to Yuzuru. "Bear sama is at peace now that none is there to threaten her cubs. I offer myself to your service Honorable Yuzuru sama and Hsieh Hsieh sama to protect them and see that they cross as well as to help protect the other realms from the influence of chaos and darkness."

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:03 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:51 pm
"She sort of told me when the cubs could cross they will return to where they belong. The cubs were too young to cross and well violence to protect them had to be ensued." She then gave a glance to Bayushi and back to Yuzuru. "Bear sama is at peace now that none is there to threaten her cubs. I offer myself to your service Honorable Yuzuru sama and Hsieh Hsieh sama to protect them and see that they cross as well as to help protect the other realms from the influence of chaos and darkness."
"The Nature Wardens of my family will remain in place to deter any that would disturb her and her cubs then. You may help them as you wish. There is a Saru shugenja also working to the same goal, so I will gladly accept your help. The Spirit Realms, especially Chikushudo and Sakkaku are especially dear to those of us that were once Ayakashi, but we should not forget the others. The Bat are best placed to defend the Realm of Waiting and the Nezumi are close to the Realm of Dreams. I think it well past time we pulled on the strings that connect us all to work together to defend the realms. Ningen-do would be a pale reflection of itself without these connection."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:38 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:03 pm

"The Nature Wardens of my family will remain in place to deter any that would disturb her and her cubs then. You may help them as you wish. There is a Saru shugenja also working to the same goal, so I will gladly accept your help. The Spirit Realms, especially Chikushudo and Sakkaku are especially dear to those of us that were once Ayakashi, but we should not forget the others. The Bat are best placed to defend the Realm of Waiting and the Nezumi are close to the Realm of Dreams. I think it well past time we pulled on the strings that connect us all to work together to defend the realms. Ningen-do would be a pale reflection of itself without these connection."
Sasori nodded. "May I make a suggestion Honorable Yuzuru sama. Perhaps the Bat are more suited to defend from the denizen of Gaki-do due to the closeness the realm has with the the Chaos realm. It can be troublesome if let unattended." She shook her head. "Mother was of the Chinsei tribe and know about how some ancestors tend to linger in this realm." Sasori shook her head. "I am intruding, aren't I?" Wouldn't be a child of the Clan of Bayushi if I didn't have plans in mind. "I apologize."

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:06 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:38 pm
Sasori nodded. "May I make a suggestion Honorable Yuzuru sama. Perhaps the Bat are more suited to defend from the denizen of Gaki-do due to the closeness the realm has with the the Chaos realm. It can be troublesome if let unattended." She shook her head. "Mother was of the Chinsei tribe and know about how some ancestors tend to linger in this realm." Sasori shook her head. "I am intruding, aren't I?" Wouldn't be a child of the Clan of Bayushi if I didn't have plans in mind. "I apologize."
"The Realm of the Hungry Dead is as much a part of this as that of Waiting or Dreams. However, knowing where it may impart on our World is useful information in itself. All portals to the Realms should be recorded now. Even the friendliest of realms to our own has potentially fatal trip falls within it. That . . . thing and it's corruption of Dreams for example. If the Bat can help with Gaki-do then all the better."

Hsieh-Hsieh growled softly and Yuzuru tilted his head towards the fox.

"Gather those that can help in this, Sasori."

He raised his voice slightly.

"Sorry dear friend, but I appear to be borrowing one of your followers for a while."

He smiled at Bayushi.

Bayushi

Post by Bayushi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:29 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:06 pm
"Sorry dear friend, but I appear to be borrowing one of your followers for a while."

He smiled at Bayushi.
The man lifted his hands in a slightly exaggerated shrug. His eyes were smiling. "I suppose can part with her temporarily for your sake."
Kami | Dangerous Beauty | Paragon of Duty | Quick | Silent

Honor: 6.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:34 pm

Bayushi wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:29 pm
-snip-
As she settled into the court, Nozomi's eyes locked in on one particular figure. It was the first time that she had ever actually met him. She couldn't help but stare a little. He was certainly as ... eye catching as she'd been led to believe. His presence, along with his daughter, was ... she wasn't quite sure how to feel about that right now. But she kept to the wall, trying not to stare.

Her daughter caught her attention and she looked down, leaning towards her. "Who is that, mom?"

"Bayushi, dear. One of the kami."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:52 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:29 pm
"We all have a lot to learn, Makime-san. Isawa-san, I would imagine the Nezumi have eyes on the Pit..."
"The question is...do we have the time to learn it?" Ayano replied solemnly, "And spread what we know."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted