[EA, D8] Court Part 5

Jiyo Sora

Re: [EA, D8] Court Part 5

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:48 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 pm
"...there is a lot of work to be done." Ayano frowns, "I enjoyed tea at the thing calling itself Doji Tsubaki's teahouse, in her company...and let the monster Hadananzi teach me to paint." She clenches a fist. "He painted a picture of me..."

"How did these creatures find their way to the very court of the Emperor?"
"Because one burrowed its way into the Crane by deceit fifteen years ago, and the other... I think the other was human enough when the winter began. Our enemy is skilled in deception, and has found a new way to get at us. Given the scope of our success down South, this... Really shouldn't be as shocking as it is."

He frowned.

"After all, Jigoku's war has always come in cycles. Closing the Pit wouldn't change that."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:56 pm

Kyosei had heard the last words from Sora, and raised a concern. "Should an expedition be sent to make sure the Pit hasn't opened?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:57 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:48 pm
"Because one burrowed its way into the Crane by deceit fifteen years ago, and the other... I think the other was human enough when the winter began. Our enemy is skilled in deception, and has found a new way to get at us. Given the scope of our success down South, this... Really shouldn't be as shocking as it is."

He frowned.

"After all, Jigoku's war has always come in cycles. Closing the Pit wouldn't change that."
"Then it sounds I have a lot left to learn," Ayano nodded to herself a serious expression on her face that would look almost comical...if they weren't talking about so deadly a topic. "And only a winter to learn it, regardless of if I can stay in the capital or not...mother needs to be told in purpose what happened here."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:04 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:29 pm
"Doji-san." Susumu bows. "Our esteemed Emperor believes that he would be of aid in his directive. While time is of the essence, to immediately travel to assist would be no boon. To truly be of aid, I believe that I must return to our lands and summon our experts, as well as to relay the full details to Hisomu-dono. I understand that now might not be the best time. Shall we meet later to hash out details? "
Dojihime was the consummate politician and said, “Yes, but to give you something to go on you can begin with one of our closest and trusted experts, Nanzi Syuaji, she can be trusted and doubly so when I return. Also Doji Jigutsuji knows the perils well as he was there fifteen years ago and has kept meticulous records as our foremost sage.. So those would be a good start to begin correspondence with.”

“Hisomu Kuni has given us his services and they will be well received, I assure you. Is there anything the Crane can do to prepare for the arrival of you and yours?”
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:09 pm

Shosuro wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:49 am
Shosuro stepped out from among the throng, pulling out her sword, a light green sheen along the edge.
In the midst of all the arrangements Kakita’s eyes quietly sought out Shosuro from across the room.

Once their eyes met, Kakita shifted his glance over to Bayushi for a moment before returning back to Shosuro as if to say…

So he was here, I see.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:17 pm

Kakita wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:09 pm
In the midst of all the arrangements Kakita’s eyes quietly sought out Shosuro from across the room.

Once their eyes met, Kakita shifted his glance over to Bayushi for a moment before returning back to Shosuro as if to say…

So he was here, I see.
Shosuro, who had returned to her more... not hidden, but subtle position among the group, nodded slightly two him when he turned back to her.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi? | Unremarkable

Honor: 3.0, Status: 7.0, Glory: 1.0

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:19 pm

He smiled softly and nodded his head… Making a mental note in the process.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:26 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:09 pm

The fox still growls and shows a sharp tooth or two, but allows the Scorpion to stay.

Once Shiba had passed judgement on Dojihime, Yuzuru turns back to Sasori.

"Sasori, yes you have a report for me?"
"Yes, Honored Consort, I don't know if it is important. My report about the bear." She sighed. "And why it is here." Then she lowered her eyes. "Also about the way it came to this world. Which it is a portal deep in the woods."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:28 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:46 pm
Satsuki looked around the courtroom. The Stag had been the first ones to claim glory, and the Crane had stepped forward too - though their reasoning had been very understandable. Poor Hime-chan had to handle a lot now... and she was currently being mobbed down by lots of other people. Satsuki didn't want to add to her cousin's burden right now. Had the Crab spoken up? Ki-rin... no. The Spider had just now, and the Lion... she saw Ayano speaking with Sora so she assumed the Lion had things in motion.

Taking a deep breath, she was still uncertain, but she very much didn't feel the need to step forward. She had told Shiba everything she knew the day before; about Yume-do and Jigoku's incursion into it, and Doji's current state.

"Yes, you're right." When she spoke, it was more certainity - her voice steady and assured. "The Dragon don't need to shout it. He already knows."
"A thoughtful decision is a wise one, hmm?" she suggests with a certainty that it was more a declaration, looking to Satsuki with the warm touch of a smile.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:29 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:57 pm
"Then it sounds I have a lot left to learn," Ayano nodded to herself a serious expression on her face that would look almost comical...if they weren't talking about so deadly a topic. "And only a winter to learn it, regardless of if I can stay in the capital or not...mother needs to be told in purpose what happened here."
"We all have a lot to learn, Makime-san. Isawa-san, I would imagine the Nezumi have eyes on the Pit..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Yuzuru Hiroya

Post by Yuzuru Hiroya » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:29 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:19 pm
"Yuzuru..." she repeated, then seemed to easen up over the familiar name. Uncle Yuzuru would never have some untrustworthy around him! "Right. I wish it was better circumstances we were introduced to eachother. A member of uncle Yuzuru's family is someone to trust." Flawless logic!

"Sorry... we're all on edge today." And then Keeping Up With The Hanteis: Escandalo Special happened in full court. It was frankly embarrassing to watch. Though internally Satsuki was glad to see her cousin standing up to his overbearing mother. "Well. That just happened."

Thank the Heavens that the Dragon weren't doing stupid stuff like that.

And then there was more going on, with Susumu speaking at the dais. Wow, he really wants to hook up with Rei-Rei. So obvious. Shaking her head, she looked back. "... Should I be up there too? Speaking for the Dragon?" she said in a lowered voice.
Wu Ko wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:51 pm
Ko smiles, it's subtle, crossing her arms in front of herself. Glancing briefly from Satsuki to Hiroya, letting that hand noticeably come back to her side as the other simply rested back into place. Enjoying the moment she has to watch Satsuki just be Satsuki, despite everything that's so recently happened. Looking with her toward Shiba, a furrow in her brow as she considered the question. In lowered, softer voice she returned, "If you feel it is right. You need not merely because everyone else has. I think.." she glances around at some of the faces of those who did approach. "I do not think all have done it because they felt they needed to, but that they felt they could."

"I think he will know the Dragon will support him. Spoken or not. You are his niece," she says, focusing back on Satsuki with a smile. "And Togashi his brother."
Hiroya bows again "No apologies necessary Togashi-sama." He said quietly and then lapsed back into silence as they talked about what Satsuki should do knowing it was certainly not his place to weigh in on such matters. He saw Ko's hand fall to the side and his own found it gently gripping it for comfort and ground in this tumultuous situation.
Imperial * Historian * Chronicler * Shy * small *artistic
NPC by Tyrus

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:35 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:04 pm

Dojihime was the consummate politician and said, “Yes, but to give you something to go on you can begin with one of our closest and trusted experts, Nanzi Syuaji, she can be trusted and doubly so when I return. Also Doji Jigutsuji knows the perils well as he was there fifteen years ago and has kept meticulous records as our foremost sage.. So those would be a good start to begin correspondence with.”

“Hisomu Kuni has given us his services and they will be well received, I assure you. Is there anything the Crane can do to prepare for the arrival of you and yours?”
I wonder if she knows the mask has slipped a tad.

It wasn't an obvious thing, but as a fellow player Susumu sensed displeasure and unease. Still, he had a mandate and he would make the most of it.

"Thank you Doji-san those seem like excellent places to begin. I believe the records would be particularly welcome. As for other preparations-"

Susumu pauses, selecting his words carefully. "I would expect a family visit. To be clear, I do not speak for Hisomu-dono, but my prediction is that when news that Jigoku has used another realm to access ours, that infiltration would have begun almost immediately after he was freed and that his sister might be afflicted" Susumu takes a breath after the long list. "My prediction is that we will come himself, in person, and bring a retinue along with him. I would request that you prepare accomodations for that scale. I will do my utmost to clarify that upon my return.
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:39 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:35 pm
I wonder if she knows the mask has slipped a tad.

It wasn't an obvious thing, but as a fellow player Susumu sensed displeasure and unease. Still, he had a mandate and he would make the most of it.

"Thank you Doji-san those seem like excellent places to begin. I believe the records would be particularly welcome. As for other preparations-"

Susumu pauses, selecting his words carefully. "I would expect a family visit. To be clear, I do not speak for Hisomu-dono, but my prediction is that when news that Jigoku has used another realm to access ours, that infiltration would have begun almost immediately after he was freed and that his sister might be afflicted" Susumu takes a breath after the long list. "My prediction is that we will come himself, in person, and bring a retinue along with him. I would request that you prepare accomodations for that scale. I will do my utmost to clarify that upon my return.
“Done, we will be prepared for a large retinue for an extended stay. Your time at home will give us time to sort internal affairs and accommodations,” she said warmly.

“I will be working with the Spider directly upon your arrival and will bring in those experts I listed as well. I assume Hisomu Kuni will arrive with this delegation or will he come earlier of his own accord?”
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:48 pm

Kuni who had followed Susumu and had bowed and done all the introductory stuff his player wasn't around for, spoke up.

"I can't imagine Hisomu-kami sent me here for no reason. I can go to Crane lands from here if you prefer and send word with Susumu-sama of who the delegation might benefit best from." Though he probably knew being the son of Ninube and Reo. "Or I can head to the Spider lands to grab them and get to your lands as soon as possible. It is best we strike quickly before the other possible fiends might get wind of this and flee."
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:49 pm

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:48 pm
Kuni who had followed Susumu and had bowed and done all the introductory stuff his player wasn't around for, spoke up.

"I can't imagine Hisomu-kami sent me here for no reason. I can go to Crane lands from here if you prefer and send word with Susumu-sama of who the delegation might benefit best from." Though he probably knew being the son of Ninube and Reo. "Or I can head to the Spider lands to grab them and get to your lands as soon as possible. It is best we strike quickly before the other possible fiends might get wind of this and flee."
"I would prefer haste, but understand the demands of your clan come first," she said sweetly from behind her fan.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:50 pm

Hearing Sora's assurance, Kyosei moves around the room. He listens, while the light from his earlier spell continues to make the room bright as noon in the summer. He hears Kuni's remark, and drifts closer.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:54 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:49 pm
"I would prefer haste, but understand the demands of your clan come first," she said sweetly from behind her fan.
"Then, I will go to Crane lands from here assuming I am not needed back home first." Kuni did not think so, but that was Susumu's decision.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:00 am

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:54 pm
"Then, I will go to Crane lands from here assuming I am not needed back home first." Kuni did not think so, but that was Susumu's decision.
She turned her gaze to Susumu.

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:23 am

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:54 pm
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:49 pm
The corners of Susumu's lips rise and he nods.

"If the people in need require haste then how could I dissuade such enthusiastic support. Though you ought to have at least another travel with you. Perhaps Matsu-san would be willing"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:32 am

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:23 am
The corners of Susumu's lips rise and he nods.

"If the people in need require haste then how could I dissuade such enthusiastic support. Though you ought to have at least another travel with you. Perhaps Matsu-san would be willing"
"That would not have been my first choice, but as my father states we go to war with the army we have," she offered.

"Once the thaw recedes we can leave, in the meanwhile would Kuni-san be open to future private discussions on this subject? I am ever the faithful student."