[EA, D8] Court Part 5

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [EA, D8] Court Part 5

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:29 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:13 pm
[REDACTED IN KINSEN'S MIND FOR SUCH DISRESPECT TO ONE'S PARENTS WILL]
Kinsen takes a deep breath and bows to Chizu, Gusai and a daggery look to her son. Then, she bows low to the Emperor before elegantly walking away.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Yuzuru Hiroya

Post by Yuzuru Hiroya » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:31 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:04 pm
Wu Ko wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:36 pm
"No, you are not," she says, brief smile. Patting her shoulders once more she lets her hands down from them. Looking back to Hiroya, reaching for his hand to pull him to her side, and stepping to Satsuki's side to return the young Dragon to her position of prominence, to the front. Ko behind and not merely physically, giving the support of presence should she need to protest. Such a thing, after all, seemed utterly wasteful.
Dojihime's demise diverted for now, Satsuki breathed a sigh of relief, and was finally able to get a better grasp of the circumstances around her.

"... Ko, who is that holding on to you?" she now looked at Hiroya anew, as if she was now fully aware of him. And seemed very sceptical, considering two people had turned into demons in diguise today...
Hiroya for his part paled slightly at being noticed but not directly addressed. He paused uncertainty playing across his soft features. Satsuki may or may not recognize the young scribe as he had been at all previous court sessions just simply in the background watching and writing as things happened.

After a moment he gulp and bowed to Satsuki "A-apologies Togashi-sama, I did not introduce myself in the, erm, excitement. This one is Yuzuru Hiroya, Scribe of the Imperial Court." His voice was slightly shaky and uncertain.
Imperial * Historian * Chronicler * Shy * small *artistic
NPC by Tyrus

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Shiba wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:20 pm
Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:22 pm
Susumu bows deeply. "Honorable Son of Heaven, I wholeheartedly agree with your judgement to help the Crane discover whatever hidden horrors that Jigoku might have seeded. I wish to offer the services of whatever the Spider are capable of in that regard. My father, Hisomu Susumu performed study on the effects the corruption of the land caused on the expedition to find Hisomu-sama. Hisomu-sama knows full well the horror that realm can spawn, having experienced it firsthand. Hisomu Kuni has also made it his life's work to scour Jigoku, and I would defer to him on matters of spiritual expertise. I would speak to my own personal pledge to offer whatever service we can provide."

Hisomu looks back to Rei, waiting for her turn. "I would also express my utmost confidence is Ryoshun Rei and the shugenja of the Bat in this matter. I swear by my honor that even before that monstrosity revealed itself before us in this very hall, Ryoshun-san had expressed wariness that Jigoku attempt to harm us through another realm. While it was not the spiritual realm anticipated, I believe that the Bat have proven themselves the most prepared of any of the Clans, both in this preparation and in the initial stroke of a sword that brought this tangled web to light."
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:39 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:54 pm
Tag
Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:30 pm
Tag
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:32 pm
Tag
Gusai returns the bow.

What part of "details may be worked out later" didn't make sense to you? To either of you, Gusai thinks. But it does not show on his face so much (Etiquette 24, https://orokos.com/roll/899496).

Fortunately, the Emperor is speaking again, and attending thereto offers an honorable pause in this thing that has...not gone well.

At all.

An impatient man, he chides himself.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:40 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:25 pm
Sainted mother of fuckery, Kinsen, leave the kids alone for now...

Freed of perhaps having to chop off the head of a woman he... okay, he didn't actually like her all that much, but he respected her. Anyway.

Sora went back into circulation.
Ayano intercepted the on edge bodyguard. She had mostly calmed but her face was still wearing a too calm fakeness to hide her concern over...well everything that had just happened.

"Jiyo-sama. In light of the recent events...I believe I want to offer my help to the efforts organize not only the road, but Doji-sama's suggestion as well. While I am not particularly skilled at court, my skills at managing resources might be of use." She kept most of her nervousness out of her voice. "...I wanted your opinion on such before making such a request."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:44 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:04 pm
Dojihime's demise diverted for now, Satsuki breathed a sigh of relief, and was finally able to get a better grasp of the circumstances around her.

"... Ko, who is that holding on to you?" she now looked at Hiroya anew, as if she was now fully aware of him. And seemed very sceptical, considering two people had turned into demons in diguise today...
Yuzuru Hiroya wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:31 pm
Hiroya for his part paled slightly at being noticed but not directly addressed. He paused uncertainty playing across his soft features. Satsuki may or may not recognize the young scribe as he had been at all previous court sessions just simply in the background watching and writing as things happened.

After a moment he gulp and bowed to Satsuki "A-apologies Togashi-sama, I did not introduce myself in the, erm, excitement. This one is Yuzuru Hiroya, Scribe of the Imperial Court." His voice was slightly shaky and uncertain.
Seeing Satsuki's relief, Ko shared her own. With the attention drifting to Hiroya she paused, looking to him she goes to speak but she hesitates. Hiroya in that moment bowing following a gulp. Glancing down, and away, she looks back to Satsuki, a quick nod. "I mentioned him," she says, though Ko was often stiff, Satsuki at least could tell the subtle extra layer stiffness to how she replied. Like a walking mannequin a little.

"This is- a strange day," she says, a small quirk of a smile at the corner of her mouth. Looking back to him she regards Hiroya in the moment.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:46 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:40 pm
Ayano intercepted the on edge bodyguard. She had mostly calmed but her face was still wearing a too calm fakeness to hide her concern over...well everything that had just happened.

"Jiyo-sama. In light of the recent events...I believe I want to offer my help to the efforts organize not only the road, but Doji-sama's suggestion as well. While I am not particularly skilled at court, my skills at managing resources might be of use." She kept most of her nervousness out of her voice. "...I wanted your opinion on such before making such a request."
He didn't even bother hiding his regard for the Lion.

"Makime-san, I would say that given your clear grasp of logistics, to not offer would be to do a disservice to the Empire. And the Lion Clan's relatively central location also makes you a natural marshaling ground for this effort."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:04 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:46 pm
He didn't even bother hiding his regard for the Lion.

"Makime-san, I would say that given your clear grasp of logistics, to not offer would be to do a disservice to the Empire. And the Lion Clan's relatively central location also makes you a natural marshaling ground for this effort."
Ayano managed a smile at that more of a release of lingering fear then happiness, "Lady Makime will no doubt oversee the Lion's part in carrying out the Emperor's edicts...I meant to ask to stay in the Imperial Capital and directly help coordinating with Imperial families and clan representatives."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:06 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:04 pm
Ayano managed a smile at that more of a release of lingering fear then happiness, "Lady Makime will no doubt oversee the Lion's part in carrying out the Emperor's edicts...I meant to ask to stay in the Imperial Capital and directly help coordinating with Imperial families and clan representatives."
"Ah. Well. In that case, I insist. You've got a gift for building bridges, Makime-san, and not just in physical terms."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:19 pm

Yuzuru Hiroya wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:31 pm

Wu Ko wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:44 pm
Seeing Satsuki's relief, Ko shared her own. With the attention drifting to Hiroya she paused, looking to him she goes to speak but she hesitates. Hiroya in that moment bowing following a gulp. Glancing down, and away, she looks back to Satsuki, a quick nod. "I mentioned him," she says, though Ko was often stiff, Satsuki at least could tell the subtle extra layer stiffness to how she replied. Like a walking mannequin a little.

"This is- a strange day," she says, a small quirk of a smile at the corner of her mouth. Looking back to him she regards Hiroya in the moment.
"Yuzuru..." she repeated, then seemed to easen up over the familiar name. Uncle Yuzuru would never have some untrustworthy around him! "Right. I wish it was better circumstances we were introduced to eachother. A member of uncle Yuzuru's family is someone to trust." Flawless logic!

"Sorry... we're all on edge today." And then Keeping Up With The Hanteis: Escandalo Special happened in full court. It was frankly embarrassing to watch. Though internally Satsuki was glad to see her cousin standing up to his overbearing mother. "Well. That just happened."

Thank the Heavens that the Dragon weren't doing stupid stuff like that.

And then there was more going on, with Susumu speaking at the dais. Wow, he really wants to hook up with Rei-Rei. So obvious. Shaking her head, she looked back. "... Should I be up there too? Speaking for the Dragon?" she said in a lowered voice.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:27 pm

With the ruling given to the Crane, Kuu made his way back to his seat.
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:30 pm

Shiba wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:20 pm
Shiba nodded to the two of them. "Please, speak."
Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:38 pm
Susumu bows deeply. "Honorable Son of Heaven, I wholeheartedly agree with your judgement to help the Crane discover whatever hidden horrors that Jigoku might have seeded. I wish to offer the services of whatever the Spider are capable of in that regard. My father, Hisomu Susumu performed study on the effects the corruption of the land caused on the expedition to find Hisomu-sama. Hisomu-sama knows full well the horror that realm can spawn, having experienced it firsthand. Hisomu Kuni has also made it his life's work to scour Jigoku, and I would defer to him on matters of spiritual expertise. I would speak to my own personal pledge to offer whatever service we can provide."

Hisomu looks back to Rei, waiting for her turn. "I would also express my utmost confidence is Ryoshun Rei and the shugenja of the Bat in this matter. I swear by my honor that even before that monstrosity revealed itself before us in this very hall, Ryoshun-san had expressed wariness that Jigoku attempt to harm us through another realm. While it was not the spiritual realm anticipated, I believe that the Bat have proven themselves the most prepared of any of the Clans, both in this preparation and in the initial stroke of a sword that brought this tangled web to light."
After Susumu speaks, Kuni steps up. "Since I am already here, I would be happy to offer my services to the Crane in culling this corruption. I often work with the Seekers of Knowledge and know several Seekers of Jigoku who would be valuable in such services. I do have one suggestion. We need to bring the Nezumi into this. I am no expert, but if I recall right, they are connected to Yume-do. They could be in danger as well or be turned against us by this creature if it manages to somehow overcome their immunity to corruption."

Kuni had some ideas within the Spider, he'd run by Susumu later.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:39 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
After Susumu speaks, Kuni steps up. "Since I am already here, I would be happy to offer my services to the Crane in culling this corruption. I often work with the Seekers of Knowledge and know several Seekers of Jigoku who would be valuable in such services. I do have one suggestion. We need to bring the Nezumi into this. I am no expert, but if I recall right, they are connected to Yume-do. They could be in danger as well or be turned against us by this creature if it manages to somehow overcome their immunity to corruption."

Kuni had some ideas within the Spider, he'd run by Susumu later.
"I agree. I will leave the details of the handling of the Crane in the hands of Doji-san, so I suggest you work out the details with her," he said with a nod to Susumu and Kuni. "I will contact White Moonrise of the Nezumi. You are correct that we must seek them out."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:51 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:19 pm
"Yuzuru..." she repeated, then seemed to easen up over the familiar name. Uncle Yuzuru would never have some untrustworthy around him! "Right. I wish it was better circumstances we were introduced to eachother. A member of uncle Yuzuru's family is someone to trust." Flawless logic!

"Sorry... we're all on edge today." And then Keeping Up With The Hanteis: Escandalo Special happened in full court. It was frankly embarrassing to watch. Though internally Satsuki was glad to see her cousin standing up to his overbearing mother. "Well. That just happened."

Thank the Heavens that the Dragon weren't doing stupid stuff like that.

And then there was more going on, with Susumu speaking at the dais. Wow, he really wants to hook up with Rei-Rei. So obvious. Shaking her head, she looked back. "... Should I be up there too? Speaking for the Dragon?" she said in a lowered voice.
Ko smiles, it's subtle, crossing her arms in front of herself. Glancing briefly from Satsuki to Hiroya, letting that hand noticeably come back to her side as the other simply rested back into place. Enjoying the moment she has to watch Satsuki just be Satsuki, despite everything that's so recently happened. Looking with her toward Shiba, a furrow in her brow as she considered the question. In lowered, softer voice she returned, "If you feel it is right. You need not merely because everyone else has. I think.." she glances around at some of the faces of those who did approach. "I do not think all have done it because they felt they needed to, but that they felt they could."

"I think he will know the Dragon will support him. Spoken or not. You are his niece," she says, focusing back on Satsuki with a smile. "And Togashi his brother."
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:09 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:34 pm
The Bayushi waited as commanded. She looked at the fox and smiled. She whispers to the fox "I come in peace"
The fox still growls and shows a sharp tooth or two, but allows the Scorpion to stay.

Once Shiba had passed judgement on Dojihime, Yuzuru turns back to Sasori.

"Sasori, yes you have a report for me?"
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:21 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:06 pm
Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:04 pm
"Ah. Well. In that case, I insist. You've got a gift for building bridges, Makime-san, and not just in physical terms."
"Then I will submit such a request to the Imperial Offices." Her eyes move to the dais, "...there are matters are far greater import going on at the moment for such a small thing."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:23 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:21 pm
"Then I will submit such a request to the Imperial Offices." Her eyes move to the dais, "...there are matters are far greater import going on at the moment for such a small thing."
"Route it through me, and I'll expedite it."

Current Theme

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:29 pm

Susumu bows again. "By your leave I will speak with her now, lest we waste time"

Susumu waits for polite dismissal, and assuming he receives it, he retreats and pats Rei on the shoulder as he goes by as a sign of encouragement.
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:10 am
"Doji-san." Susumu bows. "Our esteemed Emperor believes that he would be of aid in his directive. While time is of the essence, to immediately travel to assist would be no boon. To truly be of aid, I believe that I must return to our lands and summon our experts, as well as to relay the full details to Hisomu-dono. I understand that now might not be the best time. Shall we meet later to hash out details? "
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:23 pm
Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:21 pm
"Route it through me, and I'll expedite it."
"...there is a lot of work to be done." Ayano frowns, "I enjoyed tea at the thing calling itself Doji Tsubaki's teahouse, in her company...and let the monster Hadananzi teach me to paint." She clenches a fist. "He painted a picture of me..."

"How did these creatures find their way to the very court of the Emperor?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:46 pm

Wu Ko wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:51 pm
Ko smiles, it's subtle, crossing her arms in front of herself. Glancing briefly from Satsuki to Hiroya, letting that hand noticeably come back to her side as the other simply rested back into place. Enjoying the moment she has to watch Satsuki just be Satsuki, despite everything that's so recently happened. Looking with her toward Shiba, a furrow in her brow as she considered the question. In lowered, softer voice she returned, "If you feel it is right. You need not merely because everyone else has. I think.." she glances around at some of the faces of those who did approach. "I do not think all have done it because they felt they needed to, but that they felt they could."

"I think he will know the Dragon will support him. Spoken or not. You are his niece," she says, focusing back on Satsuki with a smile. "And Togashi his brother."
Satsuki looked around the courtroom. The Stag had been the first ones to claim glory, and the Crane had stepped forward too - though their reasoning had been very understandable. Poor Hime-chan had to handle a lot now... and she was currently being mobbed down by lots of other people. Satsuki didn't want to add to her cousin's burden right now. Had the Crab spoken up? Ki-rin... no. The Spider had just now, and the Lion... she saw Ayano speaking with Sora so she assumed the Lion had things in motion.

Taking a deep breath, she was still uncertain, but she very much didn't feel the need to step forward. She had told Shiba everything she knew the day before; about Yume-do and Jigoku's incursion into it, and Doji's current state.

"Yes, you're right." When she spoke, it was more certainity - her voice steady and assured. "The Dragon don't need to shout it. He already knows."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).