[EA, D8] Court Part 5

Hantei Genji

Re: [EA, D8] Court Part 5

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:49 pm

Well, no pressure.

"Well, certainly, marriage is one way we can strengthen our alliances." He seemed to pause for a moment. "Of course, my younger sister is also available. I am not sure if Yoshitsune-sama or Uncle Hida have any children available perhaps?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:56 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:49 pm
"Well, certainly, marriage is one way we can strengthen our alliances." He seemed to pause for a moment. "Of course, my younger sister is also available. I am not sure if Yoshitsune-sama or Uncle Hida have any children available perhaps?"
Chizu paused for a moment, blinked once, then her expression changed very slightly.

"I am sure some such arrangement could be found," she said in a quiet voice. "I know Lord Yoshitsune has a high opinion of Lady Kinsen. I am ... less certain of Lord Hida's opinion on the Stag."
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:59 pm

Well fuck.

"Certianly, that is an option" He let out a sigh. "I am sorry for any mixed messages, but this is a decision that must be weighed carefully, on my end."

His eyes searched for Chizu until they locked. "Please do not misinterpret my hesitancy Yoshitsune-san. You are a lovely woman, and I would not be opposed to our marriages. I just..." he let out a sigh. "Learning that our local hostess is a demon invading our dreams makes making decisions about my love life a bit difficult. We want to mend fences with your clan, especially now, but even before."

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:00 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:38 am
“Thank you,” she said thankful for the Imperial support.

“There is one final matter, the failure of the Crane in this matter. We have failed, but we will learn from this but if punishment must come then I will bear it. As heir to the clan and acting leader of this delegation it falls to me. I announce that if you wish it so and if Jiyo Sora is willing to act as second, then my life is yours for this failure.”

“Doji Hikaru would act as regent to my sister, until such time my mother has recovered fully or my sister comes of age,” she offered.

Dojihime finished with, “Say the word, honored Uncle and it shall be done.”
Shiba considered her offer, expression not moving or twitching at all. After a long moment, he said, "While you and your mother lead your Clan, it does not seem right for you to take on the dishonor for a crime you had no way of knowing about. The Crane have already suffered for that, and you have already made a proposal to remedy the original problem."

"Rather than allowing the loss of one of my valued subjects, I will ask you to find those with the expertise you need and remedy any remaining corruption within your ranks. I also ask that you make use of said experts and have them work with any shugenja among the Crane to find a way to halt the progression of the corruption in the innocent forcibly exposed to it. In your leadership in the fight against our enemy, you will expunge any dishonor from this from your Clan."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:02 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:54 pm
Tag
Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:30 pm
Tag
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:32 pm
Tag
After pausing as the Emperor speaks, still quietly, Gusai puts in "Those details may be worked out later, perhaps--but if we can announce an agreement in principle to do this thing, it gives us much to help stabilize relations as we move forward."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:04 pm

Wu Ko wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:36 pm
"No, you are not," she says, brief smile. Patting her shoulders once more she lets her hands down from them. Looking back to Hiroya, reaching for his hand to pull him to her side, and stepping to Satsuki's side to return the young Dragon to her position of prominence, to the front. Ko behind and not merely physically, giving the support of presence should she need to protest. Such a thing, after all, seemed utterly wasteful.
Dojihime's demise diverted for now, Satsuki breathed a sigh of relief, and was finally able to get a better grasp of the circumstances around her.

"... Ko, who is that holding on to you?" she now looked at Hiroya anew, as if she was now fully aware of him. And seemed very sceptical, considering two people had turned into demons in diguise today...
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:04 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:59 pm
"I am sorry for any mixed messages, but this is a decision that must be weighed carefully, on my end."

His eyes searched for Chizu until they locked. "Please do not misinterpret my hesitancy Yoshitsune-san. You are a lovely woman, and I would not be opposed to our marriages. I just..." he let out a sigh. "Learning that our local hostess is a demon invading our dreams makes making decisions about my love life a bit difficult. We want to mend fences with your clan, especially now, but even before."
"Of course, Hantei-sama," she said, with a small nod. "I understand. I... I've taken too much of your time. I'm very sorry. Please excuse me."

She bowed and prepared to take her leave.
Last edited by Yoshitsune Chizu on Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:04 pm

Kinsen gasps. Her Shining Prince, turning away all the good work she has done. Worse: he targets his own little sister, instead!

Such... egoism hurts the Lady of the Stag unlike any blow she has ever received.

The mother's starts to blink nervously, and soon her eyes squint in rage. In other days, her sandal would fly right into Genji's forehead for such a disrespect. She turns her gaze away from Genji, and says, out loud... for him to hear, of course.

"Listen to me well. I will do whatever is necessary to see one of my children married into the Crab. If Genji-kun will not comply to his mother's good will and careful request, I can do nothing. He's the heir to the Stag. Yet, my own honor demands that one of my child is offered to the Clan of Hida."

Looking back at him just for a moment, she plays the emotional blackmail, "She wonders, though, why wouldn't he want to honor his mother. What have I done to receive such a gesture?"

--
D8, EA, Courtier to plead Genji to reconsider + VP + Benten: 6d10o10k4 41
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:05 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:36 pm
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:38 am
“Thank you,” she said thankful for the Imperial support.

“There is one final matter, the failure of the Crane in this matter. We have failed, but we will learn from this but if punishment must come then I will bear it. As heir to the clan and acting leader of this delegation it falls to me. I announce that if you wish it so and if Jiyo Sora is willing to act as second, then my life is yours for this failure.”

“Doji Hikaru would act as regent to my sister, until such time my mother has recovered fully or my sister comes of age,” she offered.

Dojihime finished with, “Say the word, honored Uncle and it shall be done.”
Hearing that announcement, Matsu's lips curled to a harsh frown. "Why throw away your life when there is work to be done!" She yelled from the peanut gallery. "I hate you, but dammit, I respect you. To offer your life in recomepense is Courage. But to live to deal with this, even moreso!" The woman bit out, standing before the Spider delegation.
Kuu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:21 pm
The Doji offering her life seemed silly. Perhaps this was just one of the differences between monks and samurai. "Someone willing to die for their people is worth more living to help those people. It is the soul of a hero that lives between those lines."

Kuu states, moving near the dais, but staying a bit farther from Dojihime.

"I would not live in a world where a person's life was weighed to be worth less than mistakes or failures of others."

The implication being that he would choose death if her life was demanded.
Kogi slips forward and bows smoothly, flicking a glance at her liege lord and patron standing near Shiba on the dais.

"If any error was made here, surely the failure was mainly in lack of knowledge," she says in her quietly determined voice. "Doji-sama would never wish harm on the Emperor, the Court, her own sister. It's only that in focusing so closely on mundane politics, the signs of spiritual danger were... missed." The passive voice doing some work there, in true courtier fashion. "If Doji-sama seeks penance, would not a penance that leads to learning have more value? Perhaps a period dedicated to study and cultivation under the Little Teacher, Shinsei, who has made understanding this threat his life's work? Or with the disciples of Hisomu, who have dedicated themselves to fighting it?"

D8 EA, Courtier, void, BC1 would apply? Antisocial. Make a suggestion.: 7d10o10k5 24

((dang, crossposted with the Emprah. Oh well XD ))
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:05 pm

Gusai sighs, closing his eye.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:06 pm

Hikaru too breathed a sigh of relief as Dojihime's life was spared. He looked at her, giving her a firm nod; he would serve the Doji family as best he could, as always.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:06 pm

“Your words, are now our guiding hands, honored Uncle,” she said letting out a breath of relief.

“I, Doji Dojihime, daughter of Doji and Nanzi, swear on this day till my last to be a most ardent sword in the battle against Jigoku. The Crane will rise from these ashes and will do as you command with Sincerity and Duty. Thank you for your guidance.”

She rose finally and returned to her place near the Stag and all of Genji’s newfound troubles.
Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:06 pm
Hikaru too breathed a sigh of relief as Dojihime's life was spared. He looked at her, giving her a firm nod; he would serve the Doji family as best he could, as always.
A brief smile behind her fan.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:09 pm

Kakita nodded affirmatively upon hearing the words of Dojihime.

My faith was not misplaced… in all of us.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:11 pm

Shiba wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:00 pm

Shiba considered her offer, expression not moving or twitching at all. After a long moment, he said, "While you and your mother lead your Clan, it does not seem right for you to take on the dishonor for a crime you had no way of knowing about. The Crane have already suffered for that, and you have already made a proposal to remedy the original problem."

"Rather than allowing the loss of one of my valued subjects, I will ask you to find those with the expertise you need and remedy any remaining corruption within your ranks. I also ask that you make use of said experts and have them work with any shugenja among the Crane to find a way to halt the progression of the corruption in the innocent forcibly exposed to it. In your leadership in the fight against our enemy, you will expunge any dishonor from this from your Clan."
Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:06 pm
Kuni had qued up to offer what help he may offer (and possibly the Spider as a whole if Susumu does not step forward and allows the man more knowledgeable about the enemy to speak).
And that has his cue. Susumu taps Kuni on the shoulder and moves demurely into position around the dais to wait to be recognized.

He nudges Kuni, dropping his voice. "Brother, are you willing to offer your expertise on the matter?

This was a bit of a wild situtation and he was making things up as he went along, but if this worked, it would be everything Susumu wanted.
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:13 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:04 pm
Kinsen gasps. Her Shining Prince, turning away all the good work she has done. Worse: he targets his own little sister, instead!

Such... egoism hurts the Lady of the Stag unlike any blow she has ever received.

The mother's starts to blink nervously, and soon her eyes squint in rage. In other days, her sandal would fly right into Genji's forehead for such a disrespect. She turns her gaze away from Genji, and says, out loud... for him to hear, of course.

"Listen to me well. I will do whatever is necessary to see one of my children married into the Crab. If Genji-kun will not comply to his mother's good will and careful request, I can do nothing. He's the heir to the Stag. Yet, my own honor demands that one of my child is offered to the Clan of Hida."

Looking back at him just for a moment, she plays the emotional blackmail, "She wonders, though, why wouldn't he want to honor his mother. What have I done to receive such a gesture?"

--
D8, EA, Courtier to plead Genji to reconsider + VP + Benten: 6d10o10k4 41
His own eyes flared, as he slowly turned towards her. "And my honor demands I make the best decision for my clan and my people. Not one made for me, not one made in haste, nor panic." His eyes turned a deeper color, and his skin seemed to take on a sheen. "If my mother has opinions, she can express them to her adult son in an appropriate setting." He glanced back towards Chizue. "I apologize for any misplaced hurt or offense I have given Yoshitsune-san. You are a beautiful and wonderful samurai-ko, and, once again, you can be a lovely bride, but that is a decision I am unwilling to make here and now." He let out a slow breath, trying to quell the shaking. "Mother, your honor is intact, unless you have already made a decison for Kazoku-chan?"

Bayushi

Post by Bayushi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:19 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:13 pm
His own eyes flared, as he slowly turned towards her. "And my honor demands I make the best decision for my clan and my people. Not one made for me, not one made in haste, nor panic." His eyes turned a deeper color, and his skin seemed to take on a sheen. "If my mother has opinions, she can express them to her adult son in an appropriate setting." He glanced back towards Chizue. "I apologize for any misplaced hurt or offense I have given Yoshitsune-san. You are a beautiful and wonderful samurai-ko, and, once again, you can be a lovely bride, but that is a decision I am unwilling to make here and now." He let out a slow breath, trying to quell the shaking. "Mother, your honor is intact, unless you have already made a decison for Kazoku-chan?"
At the dais, Bayushi can't resist a little smile of pride under his mask at overhearing his nephew's determination.
Kami | Dangerous Beauty | Paragon of Duty | Quick | Silent

Honor: 6.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:20 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:11 pm
Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:06 pm
Kuni had qued up to offer what help he may offer (and possibly the Spider as a whole if Susumu does not step forward and allows the man more knowledgeable about the enemy to speak).
And that has his cue. Susumu taps Kuni on the shoulder and moves demurely into position around the dais to wait to be recognized.

He nudges Kuni, dropping his voice. "Brother, are you willing to offer your expertise on the matter?

This was a bit of a wild situtation and he was making things up as he went along, but if this worked, it would be everything Susumu wanted.
Shiba nodded to the two of them. "Please, speak."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:20 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:13 pm
Chizu paled at the scene that had erupted around her. "Of course we must each do what is right for our clan," she said faintly, and wondered if she could also melt into the floor somehow.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:22 pm

Standing beside Kakita, Rei continued to watch the activity around her, contemplating what she should do. Finally, she stepped forward again, waiting behind the Spider.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:25 pm

Sainted mother of fuckery, Kinsen, leave the kids alone for now...

Freed of perhaps having to chop off the head of a woman he... okay, he didn't actually like her all that much, but he respected her. Anyway.

Sora went back into circulation.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.