Five Minutes Until Midnight (D7, EE. Invite Only)

Doji Dojihime

Re: Five Minutes Until Midnight (D7, EE. Invite Only)

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:53 pm

Dojihime waited quietly as mystical shit went down.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:01 pm

With permission from Shiba, Yatsufusa then concentrated in the energies of the water kami and touched the scroll, presented by Doji Hikaru...

[OOC-Rolls]

Casting Reflections of Pan Ku on the Scroll, +1k1 VP+ 1k0 Soul of Study - 25|Pass [TN10]
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:35 pm

The scroll has no special capabilities of it's own, but the characters seem to have some capability that is currently sealed. As it is, they have a slight capability of distracting people and giving them a headache, and exert a slight compulsion to look at and share them. It's hard to say what effect they would have unsealed.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:42 pm

Yatsufusa will explain his findings to the rest and then proceed to cast in quick succession strengthen the void, in order to augment his harmony with the void and which will allow him to succesfully commune with the void itself and seek three questions in order to find clarity what the scroll is, what is happening to Doji and how to help her.

He then will explain whatever he finds to the rest.

[OOC-Rolls]

Strengthen the Void, Soul of Study +1k0, TN 15 -38|Pass [TN15]
*VP give +2k1, 1 FR for casting Void Spells

Casting Commune with the Void, 1 VP +2K1, Soul of Study +1k0, 2CR, 1FR - 32|Pass [TN25, 2CR, 1FR, VP]
*Using CR and FR for +1 Question.
*3 Questions to the Void.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:57 pm

Satsuki grew visibly a bit frustrated, that they were hesitating. The frustration was not directed at Shiba, but rather at the situation... coming so close and working so hard to find answers to help her aunt, and to be stopped at the final leg of the race. Still, she didn't want to lose Yatsufusa to... whatever this evil was that held her aunt trapped.

Would unsealing the scroll free Doji, or whatever she was keeping trapped though. That was the troubling question.

Though voicing her thoughts would have to wait, as they waited for Yatsufusa's answers:
What this scroll is?
What is happening to Doji?
And most importantly, how they could help her?
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:51 am

Hikaru frowned deeply. "Could this compulsion be affecting me?"

He took a deep breath, shaking his head. "I... I dearly hope not." His expression returned to a stoic mask, but his pale eyes were strange.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:23 am

The Void connects him with all things awareness extending loosely to all of the world and beyond.

Some time ago, he sees Doji writing the scroll, and it focuses in on the characters shifting before she marks them, sealing whatever their power was away.

It focuses into her eye, passing through to see her standing at the center of a binding circle in a misty landscape. Extending out on either side of her is an ethereal all, and beyond that the mist darkens. She stands tall, stoic as the sickening liquid-like mist batters against her in tidal waves of force. Despite that, only the barest of the dark mist manages to leak past her. Some of the work on the magic looks unusual in nature, but not alien like the blackness. He could probably reproduce the images he sees, as they don't seem evil; rather, bolstering her.

The Void shows more layers to her protection within the dream, other walls forming between it and her.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:38 am

(OOC: Yatsufusa said he'd share what he learns so that we can keep the scene going. So everyone present will be told what Canary said. :) )

"More walls... so we're not out of time to help her yet. Thank you, Yatsufusa." Relief wasn't quite the right word for what she felt, but she understood they wouldn't last forever.

Though now she wasn't sure what their next step would be, so she looked to their uncle for answers.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:41 am

Shiba looked at the symbols he reproduced. "This looks like Nezumi work... It seems like they are helping, as well."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:12 am

Dojihime listened but for now was quiet, she had little to add on the matter of mystical magical things.

OOC: Lore Shadowlands: 4d10o10k3 19
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:13 pm

Satsuki was tense like a tiger waiting to spring into action. "What do we do? What can we do?" she asked, looking to their uncle.
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:31 pm

Hikaru too looked at the Emperor, hands clenching at his sides. "Can our priests strengthen these wards, perhaps? Offer Lady Doji some relief? She has been holding the line against this evil by herself for so long now..." His voice grew tense at that last; he took a deep, steadying breath.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:53 pm

"I believe they will be able to," he replied with a nod. "Our best resource in that regard will be the Isawa, who I can mobilize immediately, and the Spider. Doji will need their insight and support. Togashi may have some insight now that we have a clear understanding of what is going on. Togashi-san, if you could speak with my brother when you return, that would be helpful."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Run by GM Canary

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:55 pm

Hikaru took a deep breath, his shoulders rising and falling. When he finished, he bowed deeply, holding the pose long moments.

"Thank you, Emperor Shiba." He said when he straightened. Some of the usual strain was gone from his handsome features.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:50 pm

Shiba wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:53 pm
"I believe they will be able to," he replied with a nod. "Our best resource in that regard will be the Isawa, who I can mobilize immediately, and the Spider. Doji will need their insight and support. Togashi may have some insight now that we have a clear understanding of what is going on. Togashi-san, if you could speak with my brother when you return, that would be helpful."
"There are witches, ahem we would call them priests, among those my father recruited that may be of assistance as well, Lord Uncle," she added.

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:59 pm

He nodded. "You will need them, too. The Spider I bring up due to their expertise in unusual supernatural phenomena and Hisomu himself being an expert in such things and the spirit realms even before his time in Jigoku."

Run by GM Canary

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:03 pm

Shiba wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:59 pm
He nodded. "You will need them, too. The Spider I bring up due to their expertise in unusual supernatural phenomena and Hisomu himself being an expert in such things and the spirit realms even before his time in Jigoku."
"Mother is not fit for travel, will they all come to Crane lands, then?" she asked.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:26 pm

"I will tell my father," she said with a nod. She certainly hoped he would be able to go, now that they knew what was going on.

Thinking Dojihime was perhaps worried, Satsuki stepped closer to offer support to her cousin. "Uncle Hisomu knows this better than anyone - I'm sure his help will be invaluable to your mother."

"And once she's safe, maybe then we can find out how this could happen to her. We need to make sure this won't happen again, to anyone."
Theme | Profile

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:11 pm

"Any movement will be dictated my my sister's needs and capabilities."

Run by GM Canary

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:32 pm

"Whatever you will is, Honored Uncle, we shall see it done to make my mother well," she said to Shiba.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:26 pm
"I will tell my father," she said with a nod. She certainly hoped he would be able to go, now that they knew what was going on.

Thinking Dojihime was perhaps worried, Satsuki stepped closer to offer support to her cousin. "Uncle Hisomu knows this better than anyone - I'm sure his help will be invaluable to your mother."

"And once she's safe, maybe then we can find out how this could happen to her. We need to make sure this won't happen again, to anyone."
She was unsure of her intentions but she relented and said, "Family will come together, we will prevail."