[EA, D7] Imperial Court, Part 4

Hisomu Matsu

Re: [EA, D7] Imperial Court, Part 4

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:40 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:49 am
"Well. There are a few projects in the works that could do with some early adopters to model and refine. This probably isn't the place to hash out the details- hopefully we'll have something concrete by the end of Court... But beyond such specifics, the Spider Clan's devotion to duty already speaks for itself."

He paused.

"Although, come to think of it, you could help us by helping the Crab. Their goals are much the same as those you cite, but they feel somewhat isolated by circumstance. Extending a hand in friendship could help allay that concern. Especially if the Spider perhaps agreed to ease Crab supply and communications concerns by helping with the road project Makime Ayano-san brought up. Good roads from Spider coastal holdings to the Crab provinces would make shipment via the sea an option for large movements of goods..."
She considered. "Again, I cannot speak for the Clan. I will bring the idea to our leaders. As for the road..." she pondered. "I have great affection for the Ongaku, my connection to them through my pa... my father." She corrected herself, the harsher upbringing as a very young Noriaki, now firmly within the Spider. "It would create an ease of movement for Imperial messages, and the ability to transport goods..." and warriors "... would best help all. While I do not know what the Lords will say, I can offer that the Sentinels of the Spider can aid in guarding of any roadways, especially through our lands."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:21 pm

Genji approached the dais slowly, bowing before his uncle, awaiting to be spoken to.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:38 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:22 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:11 pm
“I can’t presume to speak for my lord, exactly,” Kogi temporizes. “He has an understanding of his twin brother that is closer than other people can grasp. But I think this won’t trouble him. It’s more or less the way things have already worked these last few years. Anyway,” the faintest laugh ripples her veil, “my lord finds Shinsei interesting. Probably he’ll be content see the little teacher and his students remain somewhat independent, the better to stir up whatever surprises they see fit.”
The faint laugh draws a soft chuckle from the young dragon. "Ah, yes... you're right. It is just formalising how it has been with the Order of Heroes. My mother freely gave them a place in Great Falls to build from, seeing that the monks of the Order do good work and their own teachings align much with her own ideals of improving the lives of the people in the Empire, along with spreading learning and knowledge."

Sipping her tea, she looked to the courtroom for a moment, before back to Kogi. "Besides, like us, they too answer to the divine Emperor, neh? Makes me wonder, when speaking with his advisors and the Lord Consort, if uncle Yuzuru suggested this because it would rile up some folks."
Kogi’s brows arch. “Is your uncle given to riling people up? The lord consort has a reputation for wisdom and dignity… but then again, those very things can provoke people, sometimes.”

“Hm… so the request Wu Zhe delivered on your father’s behalf the other day, for my lord to support building a temple on the border of the Shinomen forest—that is an arrangement that already exists near your mother’s city? Has it worked well so far?”
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:23 pm
"It may be in the best interest and that of the Bakufu to promote an order we find palatable or follow the Dragon and create an order from within," she offered from behind her fan.

"They will say they are not antagonizing Clans when they could easily destabilize whole regions with impunity."
Kinsen nods her head positively, "An order backed or founded by Stag, Crane and why not Lion and Crab –– you mention?"
Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:21 pm
Genji approached the dais slowly, bowing before his uncle, awaiting to be spoken to.
She moves her eyes toward her son, as he approaches the dais.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:11 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:01 pm
She moves her eyes toward her son, as he approaches the dais.
Dojihime nodded and then watched Genji.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:36 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:38 pm
Kogi’s brows arch. “Is your uncle given to riling people up? The lord consort has a reputation for wisdom and dignity… but then again, those very things can provoke people, sometimes.”

“Hm… so the request Wu Zhe delivered on your father’s behalf the other day, for my lord to support building a temple on the border of the Shinomen forest—that is an arrangement that already exists near your mother’s city? Has it worked well so far?”
"Uncle Yuzuru is very wise, yes, but... well, there is sometimes wisdom in seeing who gets riled up, as you say. It's one way to make people show their real colors, rather than trusting in the fact that our honored Emperor has many advisors with great insight who work with him, and that my divine uncles and aunts also saw that the Heavens favored him. But, well, it's all speculation," Satsuki shrugged, her opinion pretty clear on it. People were always so complicated and made it so much more complicated by the way they acted.

Sipping her tea once more she looked thoughtful for a moment. "Ah... no, it's not quite the same. My mother offered the Order of Heroes a place to build their order, as she saw that they had a need and she was more than happy to provide. The Order of Thunder's temple in Great Falls is... not the same as what my lord father has asked of us, regarding the Shinomen Mori."

Her lips quirked in a brief smile. "Father hasn't shared his exact ideas with me, rather he probably expects me to figure it out myself as he often does - says it keeps the mind sharp. Anyway, from what I gather, the intention seems to be to form a spiritual protection of some sort, surrounding the forest. A protective barrier, so to speak."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:45 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:21 pm
Shiba nodded to him with a familiar smile. "Hantei Genji-san. It has been a while. What brings you before me today?"
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:26 pm

"My dearest uncle, my glorious Emperor, greetings to you." Genji's radiant smile seemed to be an answer to the Emperor's own. "I wish to make an announcement, and a request. Tomorrow, Doji Hikaru-san and myself intend to host a friendly tournament of iaijitsu, to test and present our skills. Any challengers are welcome." His eyes glanced up, almost to eye level. "And that includes our Emperor as well, in case you wish to reminiscence of your bout with Uncle Togashi. I cannot say I will provide a similar challenge, for surely not, but I will give my best."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:29 pm

Shiba wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:12 am
"Kuu-san, Nozomi-san. I am glad you could make it. I have put thought into where your order and monks more broadly fit in the Celestial Order."

"The Celestial Order as it exists within the Heavens is not a straight line. For instance, the Dragons answer to Amaterasu to some degree, but have a great deal of leeway to enact their duties as they see fit, and are not at all beholden to the Kami. They maintain their own practices and heirarchy. I see wisdom in applying a similar approach to the monks of Rokugan. They will exist under the auspices of the Child of Heaven, given that I and the Emperors that follow after me are Ningen-do's connection to Tengoku, but not in the same direct line of hierarchy as samurai and those who trade goods and work the land. They will be recognized and respected to the same degree one would a samurai, but allowed to go about their activities with minimal interference and without being beholden to the Clans - with the exception of orders formed within the Clans specifically, such as the Togashi."

"I will issue a full proclamation with the details of the implications of this decision soon."
(OOC: A little late due to being away from the comp yesterday)

"We are humbled and grateful for a wise ruling, Emperor, and that you took the time to ensure the right course of action," she said. Her ears did not quite pick up some of the talk of others on the possible permutations, though she could guess more than a few others. This status as both within the order, but not in the 'progression' of the Samurai and Heimin would serve as fodder for discussion of their exact political intentions, probably resulting in favor curried and favor fought over, but more importantly it gave a light shield for them in their day to day practice. And if there were other orders made among the clans?

... honestly? She wasn't the jealous type. "Thank you for your time." She remained bowed and waited for leave. once given, as he attended to other matters like Hantei Genji's petition, she would move back into position.

=========

(OOC: Back in the Saddle again. Getting through tags. Nozomi is available for replies here. Just quote or PM me if you do so I don't miss it.)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:16 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:36 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:38 pm

"Uncle Yuzuru is very wise, yes, but... well, there is sometimes wisdom in seeing who gets riled up, as you say. It's one way to make people show their real colors, rather than trusting in the fact that our honored Emperor has many advisors with great insight who work with him, and that my divine uncles and aunts also saw that the Heavens favored him. But, well, it's all speculation," Satsuki shrugged, her opinion pretty clear on it. People were always so complicated and made it so much more complicated by the way they acted.

Sipping her tea once more she looked thoughtful for a moment. "Ah... no, it's not quite the same. My mother offered the Order of Heroes a place to build their order, as she saw that they had a need and she was more than happy to provide. The Order of Thunder's temple in Great Falls is... not the same as what my lord father has asked of us, regarding the Shinomen Mori."

Her lips quirked in a brief smile. "Father hasn't shared his exact ideas with me, rather he probably expects me to figure it out myself as he often does - says it keeps the mind sharp. Anyway, from what I gather, the intention seems to be to form a spiritual protection of some sort, surrounding the forest. A protective barrier, so to speak."
While Satsuki is speaking, Kogi maneuvers her teacup behind her veil—a deftly practiced set of movements in which one hand lifts the side of the fabric just so while the other conveys the cup to its destination, then back to the table.

“Oh.” She nods thoughtfully. “I thought that might be the purpose of the project as Wu-sama described it, but he said he didn’t know, for himself. Nor what these temples are supposed to ward against.” One narrow fingertip traces the pattern of glaze on the outer surface of the teacup.

“The practical intent may be different, but the proposed arrangement Wu-sama described seems similar to what you have up north. The Order of Heroes has some land and the clan’s protection, but hasn’t offered fealty to Lord Togashi, right? Now my lord is asked to do something similar.”
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:27 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:16 pm
While Satsuki is speaking, Kogi maneuvers her teacup behind her veil—a deftly practiced set of movements in which one hand lifts the side of the fabric just so while the other conveys the cup to its destination, then back to the table.

“Oh.” She nods thoughtfully. “I thought that might be the purpose of the project as Wu-sama described it, but he said he didn’t know, for himself. Nor what these temples are supposed to ward against.” One narrow fingertip traces the pattern of glaze on the outer surface of the teacup.

“The practical intent may be different, but the proposed arrangement Wu-sama described seems similar to what you have up north. The Order of Heroes has some land and the clan’s protection, but hasn’t offered fealty to Lord Togashi, right? Now my lord is asked to do something similar.”
"The Shinomen Mori is vast, and home to many strange legends of spirits and other manner of beings; it's also largely unexplored at this moment. It's probably wise that it remains that way for a while longer." Until the Empire was stronger to deal with such things, depending on what was in there. It didn't occurr to her to think that it might also be to protect whatever was in there from the humans' disturbing them.

"Ah, but... I might not have explained properly. I don't think the order owns any land as such in Great Falls, from what I understand, except for their temple?" The idea of land-ownership was a bit of a mystery to her. "Rather, my mother, whom is a good friend of Shinsei and his followers, saw that this group had a need of a home, and offered a place for them to make a home, from where they could grow and become the Order they are today. The protection they are given is from the continued friendship between the Order and mother - the Order in return spread the teachings of the Little Teacher to the people there and also take part in furthering education and learning."

"I would imagine it would be the same if the Order of Heroes wished to expand to other clans, that they would have to be invited to do so by those who live there. But..." she smiled with calm, "there is much unclaimed land in the Empire still, and many places that is not ruled by tribe or clan. Still, I don't think it should be a problem in the future. The Order is much smaller, than any clan or vassal-family, and if there was to be contention, the Order would be the losing side. And I don't think they would wish for such contention either."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:39 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:26 pm
"My dearest uncle, my glorious Emperor, greetings to you." Genji's radiant smile seemed to be an answer to the Emperor's own. "I wish to make an announcement, and a request. Tomorrow, Doji Hikaru-san and myself intend to host a friendly tournament of iaijitsu, to test and present our skills. Any challengers are welcome." His eyes glanced up, almost to eye level. "And that includes our Emperor as well, in case you wish to reminiscence of your bout with Uncle Togashi. I cannot say I will provide a similar challenge, for surely not, but I will give my best."
"As much as I wish to, Hantei-san, I am afraid I have an obligation to observe the formal duel taking place tomorrow," he replied inclining his head deeper. "Otherwise, I would. I hope you will understand."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:11 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:22 pm
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:19 pm
"That is the job of those like us. When chaos ensued we clean up." She shook her head. "Hotei no Kami will smile on us who are willing to do humble work." She nodded. "That is why this might be not so... controversial. The herbs being also a food source."
"I've not been so devoted to that Fortune as others," Gusai says. "Though maybe I ought to increase my offerings to that end. It might make the meal easier to eat."
"Mine is Inari no kami. It keeps us well fed." Then Genji made his announcement. "Iaido... that is odd." Then she wondered. "Maybe I should announce my invitation to a scavenger hunt. Perhaps entertain the imperial fox."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:20 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:40 pm
[

She considered. "Again, I cannot speak for the Clan. I will bring the idea to our leaders. As for the road..." she pondered. "I have great affection for the Ongaku, my connection to them through my pa... my father." She corrected herself, the harsher upbringing as a very young Noriaki, now firmly within the Spider. "It would create an ease of movement for Imperial messages, and the ability to transport goods..." and warriors "... would best help all. While I do not know what the Lords will say, I can offer that the Sentinels of the Spider can aid in guarding of any roadways, especially through our lands."
Susumu bows and retreats back to the Spider group as he catches sight of Matsu and Old Man Sora.

"I caught the very end of that Matsu-sensei. If you are speaking of protecting caravans, your timing is fortuitous! I have been in talks with the Bat, Crab and Dragon to establish embassies. We are looking to open up trade within our borders, and it seems all parties have a piece they are at least interested in receiving or sending."
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:39 pm

Yuzuru seemed distracted, listening to something within the court room.

Hseh-Hsieh looked thoroughly annoyed by something, there was even some vulpine fangs visible from time to time.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:53 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:40 pm
"I am delighted to hear it, my friend. I would suggest the Spider- and all Clans, really- arrange some contacts with Makime-san in order to work out the details specific to their lands."
Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:20 pm
Susumu bows and retreats back to the Spider group as he catches sight of Matsu and Old Man Sora.

"I caught the very end of that Matsu-sensei. If you are speaking of protecting caravans, your timing is fortuitous! I have been in talks with the Bat, Crab and Dragon to establish embassies. We are looking to open up trade within our borders, and it seems all parties have a piece they are at least interested in receiving or sending."
Sora smiled.

"How gratifying! I had just mentioned to Matsu-san here that the Crab were concerned about isolation from the wider Empire, and here I find that the northern Clans are taking steps to remedy that situation!"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:12 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:53 pm

Sora smiled.

"How gratifying! I had just mentioned to Matsu-san here that the Crab were concerned about isolation from the wider Empire, and here I find that the northern Clans are taking steps to remedy that situation!"
" My motives aren't completely pure Jiyo-sama. I don't care to admit when we fall short, but the Crab have builders and engineers who are second to none. We could use such help ourselves." Susumu offers a polite smile. " All of those in the North would likely be fine on their own in another generation, I expect. But working together... I think much greater things can be done"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:15 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:12 pm
" My motives aren't completely pure Jiyo-sama. I don't care to admit when we fall short, but the Crab have builders and engineers who are second to none. We could use such help ourselves." Susumu offers a polite smile. " All of those in the North would likely be fine on their own in another generation, I expect. But working together... I think much greater things can be done"
"Ah, Hisomu-san, improving the lands you oversee for the good of the Empire is about as pure a motive as can exist. And remember, we pulled from the strengths of every Clan in the Library system, and the writings of every Clan have a home there. It's no shame to get help from those most qualified to give it."

He adopted a stage whisper.

"Why do you think I have my wife write most of the formal documentation for the libraries?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:24 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:27 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:16 pm

"The Shinomen Mori is vast, and home to many strange legends of spirits and other manner of beings; it's also largely unexplored at this moment. It's probably wise that it remains that way for a while longer." Until the Empire was stronger to deal with such things, depending on what was in there. It didn't occurr to her to think that it might also be to protect whatever was in there from the humans' disturbing them.

"Ah, but... I might not have explained properly. I don't think the order owns any land as such in Great Falls, from what I understand, except for their temple?" The idea of land-ownership was a bit of a mystery to her. "Rather, my mother, whom is a good friend of Shinsei and his followers, saw that this group had a need of a home, and offered a place for them to make a home, from where they could grow and become the Order they are today. The protection they are given is from the continued friendship between the Order and mother - the Order in return spread the teachings of the Little Teacher to the people there and also take part in furthering education and learning."

"I would imagine it would be the same if the Order of Heroes wished to expand to other clans, that they would have to be invited to do so by those who live there. But..." she smiled with calm, "there is much unclaimed land in the Empire still, and many places that is not ruled by tribe or clan. Still, I don't think it should be a problem in the future. The Order is much smaller, than any clan or vassal-family, and if there was to be contention, the Order would be the losing side. And I don't think they would wish for such contention either."
“Oh. But… who provides for the monks in Great Falls?” Kogi asks, curious. “Do they grow their own food and make their own clothing? Not many of them have come to settle in my lord’s lands—the first time I had a proper talk with one was the day of the wedding. I don’t know very much about how they live.”

Genji’s announcement to the throne diverts her attention for a few moments.
是藥三分毒

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:31 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:24 pm
“Oh. But… who provides for the monks in Great Falls?” Kogi asks, curious. “Do they grow their own food and make their own clothing? Not many of them have come to settle in my lord’s lands—the first time I had a proper talk with one was the day of the wedding. I don’t know very much about how they live.”

Genji’s announcement to the throne diverts her attention for a few moments.
Satsuki too was likewise distracted by the exchange between Genji and Shiba. She briefly wondered what this duel was about, but figured it couldn't be that important... wasn't this about the Crane and the Bat having their little disagreement?

She'd show up to support Genji-kun. And Hikaru...

"Ah... hmmm... I'm not much of an administrator in this regard, so my knowledge of it isn't fully comprehensive to give you a completely correct answer, Bayushi-san," she murmured, returning to their conversation after a sip of tea. "But from what I know, mother has shared much with the Order, because that is her way. At least in the earlier days of its founding."

"From what I've seen in the past years, the monks in Great Falls grow some of their own food and trade for cloth to make their own simple robes, but also trade goods and services on occassion with the people there. Similarly, I've seen the monks help out where they can there, with building, medical knowledge, or educating; in return, the people offer them food, and help where they can with the maintance of their temple."
Theme | Profile