[EA, D7] Imperial Court, Part 4

Hisomu Matsu

Re: [EA, D7] Imperial Court, Part 4

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:05 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:30 pm
"Glad to hear it. And glad to hear his family continues to prosper."

"Oh, I wasn't there, I only know what the gossips say, but it sounds as if it touched a few nerves, not just yours. Still."

He sighed.

"I know the Emperor likes peace between his subjects. At the same time..."

At the same time, two dueling strains of pride are in play here, and there's not a hell of a lot to be done about it.

".... I can understand a bit of irritation. I'd meant to go, but had to adjust my schedule a bit at the last minute. But enough about that. That future will have to sort itself out. But speaking of futures... I fear I haven't spoken with many Spider yet this season. I was curious about what it is the Spider seek to achieve this winter, and if we can be of any help?"
"I suppose the same as any other clan. Secure ourselves as dutiful servants of the Emperor and Empire." She looked more fully to Jiyo, watching him closely. "Is there something that we Spider can do for the Empire? I cannot speak for Lord Hisomu or Lady Hisomu Reiko, but I at least can speak for my school and my students, somewhat."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:39 am

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:37 pm
Susumu bows deeply. "Thank you for acknowledging me Honorable Son of Heaven. I was not sure from your proclamation, and I sought clarity. If another Clan were to found a new order of monks, and to consider them samurai of the Clan with all rights and responsibilities that that entails, would they be considered the same a the Togashui order?"
"Yes, Susumu-san. The Togashi were just an example. I will be issuing a full edict clarifying such things, as I mentioned."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:44 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:04 pm
"Sometimes most subtle herb can have a potent flavor." She now softened as she giggled into her fan.
Gusai nods again. "And not all'll find such a thing to their liking, or agreeable to the digestion," he says. "I've known some, too, whose bodies rebel, even at the touch of some herbs, let alone the taste of them.

"I wonder who'll find themselves choking on this new dish being served."

His eye wanders the court. Sora has the one issue at bay, he thinks, though that might not last for long, he adds mentally as he tracks other entrances.

"And who'll have to clean up after dinner."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:14 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:07 am
Seeing one of uncle Bayushi's followers, Satsuki decided to approach the lone Scorpion. Staying by yourself too long in court was bound to draw unwanted attention eventually, so it was safety in numbers!

"Bayushi-san, yes?" she greeted with a kind smile, albeit a little tired, a bow accompanying it shortly. "Would you like to share tea as we watch the court proceedings?"
Kogi bows in return for the Dragon princess's greeting, deftly flicking her veil smooth again as she straightens up. "Yes, that's right. I'm Kogi, of Bayushi's clan. And you, ah, need no introduction, Togashi-sama." Satsuki cuts a very distinctive figure around the court, after all. "It would be my privilege to share tea with you. Shall we sit out of the way?"

And now Dojihime and Matsu were both on the scene. Indeed, being out of the way a bit might not hurt...
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:21 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:14 am
Kogi bows in return for the Dragon princess's greeting, deftly flicking her veil smooth again as she straightens up. "Yes, that's right. I'm Kogi, of Bayushi's clan. And you, ah, need no introduction, Togashi-sama." Satsuki cuts a very distinctive figure around the court, after all. "It would be my privilege to share tea with you. Shall we sit out of the way?"

And now Dojihime and Matsu were both on the scene. Indeed, being out of the way a bit might not hurt...
Satsuki was of a similar mind. Mostly because today, she figured Matsu would've found the strength she needed after her moment of vulnerability last night. "A good idea. And thank you... ah, I... suppose I am recogniseable yeah." She seemed a bit sheepish to be made more aware of that. Still her hands picked up her pale yellow skirts as she moved to the side with Kogi for them to find a place to sit. She herself sitting crossed legged as the skirts gave her plenty of room to do so modestly.

And soon enough there was tea offered to them by the attendants of court. "... People seem... on edge, about the recent proclamation? Or is it just me?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:41 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:21 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:14 am

Satsuki was of a similar mind. Mostly because today, she figured Matsu would've found the strength she needed after her moment of vulnerability last night. "A good idea. And thank you... ah, I... suppose I am recogniseable yeah." She seemed a bit sheepish to be made more aware of that. Still her hands picked up her pale yellow skirts as she moved to the side with Kogi for them to find a place to sit. She herself sitting crossed legged as the skirts gave her plenty of room to do so modestly.

And soon enough there was tea offered to them by the attendants of court. "... People seem... on edge, about the recent proclamation? Or is it just me?"
Kogi's posture makes a contrast with Satsuki's; under the equally voluminous skirts of her own robes, she settles neatly onto her heels, smoothing the layers of skirts and sleeves straight with practiced ease.

"It's not just you, Togashi-sama." She shakes her head slightly, sending a small ripple down the length of her veil. "Nothing His Majesty said is very shocking, but I suppose it cuts away some ambiguity." She considers this for a beat or two as she folds her hands around a steaming teacup. "People are comfortable in ambiguity. It lets us imagine the version of things we prefer."
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:25 am

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:54 pm
Once she had arrived at her destination she said, “Good day, Auntie, Have I missed anything of importance?”
Kinsen pops her fan open and then explains to Dojihime, "Our Wise Emperor has mentioned he considers monks in his Empire similar to the Dragons in Tengoku, and samurai akin to the Kami. Meaning they are to be treated somewhat the same. I confess I am confused. It could make monk secs appear out of nowhere and start to fight for land. I wonder if this initial proclamation could earn the potential advice of other important leaders such as the Champions before it gets fully fleshed out."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:06 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:25 am
Kinsen pops her fan open and then explains to Dojihime, "Our Wise Emperor has mentioned he considers monks in his Empire similar to the Dragons in Tengoku, and samurai akin to the Kami. Meaning they are to be treated somewhat the same. I confess I am confused. It could make monk secs appear out of nowhere and start to fight for land. I wonder if this initial proclamation could earn the potential advice of other important leaders such as the Champions before it gets fully fleshed out."
"How... dreadfully unclear," she said in response.

"It pleases those close to him, so... very close to him," Dojihime added.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:49 am

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:05 am
"I suppose the same as any other clan. Secure ourselves as dutiful servants of the Emperor and Empire." She looked more fully to Jiyo, watching him closely. "Is there something that we Spider can do for the Empire? I cannot speak for Lord Hisomu or Lady Hisomu Reiko, but I at least can speak for my school and my students, somewhat."
"Well. There are a few projects in the works that could do with some early adopters to model and refine. This probably isn't the place to hash out the details- hopefully we'll have something concrete by the end of Court... But beyond such specifics, the Spider Clan's devotion to duty already speaks for itself."

He paused.

"Although, come to think of it, you could help us by helping the Crab. Their goals are much the same as those you cite, but they feel somewhat isolated by circumstance. Extending a hand in friendship could help allay that concern. Especially if the Spider perhaps agreed to ease Crab supply and communications concerns by helping with the road project Makime Ayano-san brought up. Good roads from Spider coastal holdings to the Crab provinces would make shipment via the sea an option for large movements of goods..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:48 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:44 am
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:04 pm
"Sometimes most subtle herb can have a potent flavor." She now softened as she giggled into her fan.
Gusai nods again. "And not all'll find such a thing to their liking, or agreeable to the digestion," he says. "I've known some, too, whose bodies rebel, even at the touch of some herbs, let alone the taste of them.

"I wonder who'll find themselves choking on this new dish being served."

His eye wanders the court. Sora has the one issue at bay, he thinks, though that might not last for long, he adds mentally as he tracks other entrances.

"And who'll have to clean up after dinner."
She sighed. "Sadly that would be us." She frowned. "It is our task to clean up some of the mess the ill bring."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:53 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:48 pm
She sighed. "Sadly that would be us." She frowned. "It is our task to clean up some of the mess the ill bring."
Gusai raises an eyebrow.

"I don't think you'll be the only one a bit sloppy at the meal," he says, trying to follow the metaphor further. "Many of the dinner guests seem primed for it."
Otomo Gusai

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:11 pm

"The question is: Are they willing to get on their knees and get their hands dirty?" She bow. "I am sorry... it is not my place to ask such thing." She sighed once again.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:12 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:11 pm
"The question is: Are they willing to get on their knees and get their hands dirty?" She bow. "I am sorry... it is not my place to ask such thing." She sighed once again.
"It's a fair question," Gusai replies. "And the answer's probably 'no.'

"Probably. We might be surprised."
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:10 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:06 am
"How... dreadfully unclear," she said in response.

"It pleases those close to him, so... very close to him," Dojihime added.
Kinsen nods and flutters her fan a bit, saying confidently, "If it stays as is, the Clans –– like the Spider –– should start to make monastic orders within themselves as to avoid it from being a separate entity. Very wise of Hisomu-san to ask that to our Wise Emperor. I wonder if orders not affiliated to Clans might prose as threats if they start preaching their ways without an agreement. Or if they would be used to shake one's Clan's power over their people and territory."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:12 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:41 am
Kogi's posture makes a contrast with Satsuki's; under the equally voluminous skirts of her own robes, she settles neatly onto her heels, smoothing the layers of skirts and sleeves straight with practiced ease.

"It's not just you, Togashi-sama." She shakes her head slightly, sending a small ripple down the length of her veil. "Nothing His Majesty said is very shocking, but I suppose it cuts away some ambiguity." She considers this for a beat or two as she folds her hands around a steaming teacup. "People are comfortable in ambiguity. It lets us imagine the version of things we prefer."
"Or see threats where there might be none. But as you say, it leaves room for the imagination," she nodded, a half-smile turning up the corner of her mouth.

With a teacup in her hand, she felt a bit at ease and relaxed at least. "What do you think Lord Bayushi's opinion of it would be? I'd imagine that similar to my father, he'd understand the wisdom behind his brother's decision the most, seeing as they're very close to one another."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:19 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:12 pm
"It's a fair question," Gusai replies. "And the answer's probably 'no.'

"Probably. We might be surprised."
"That is the job of those like us. When chaos ensued we clean up." She shook her head. "Hotei no Kami will smile on us who are willing to do humble work." She nodded. "That is why this might be not so... controversial. The herbs being also a food source."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:22 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:19 pm
"That is the job of those like us. When chaos ensued we clean up." She shook her head. "Hotei no Kami will smile on us who are willing to do humble work." She nodded. "That is why this might be not so... controversial. The herbs being also a food source."
"I've not been so devoted to that Fortune as others," Gusai says. "Though maybe I ought to increase my offerings to that end. It might make the meal easier to eat."
Otomo Gusai

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:12 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:41 am

"Or see threats where there might be none. But as you say, it leaves room for the imagination," she nodded, a half-smile turning up the corner of her mouth.

With a teacup in her hand, she felt a bit at ease and relaxed at least. "What do you think Lord Bayushi's opinion of it would be? I'd imagine that similar to my father, he'd understand the wisdom behind his brother's decision the most, seeing as they're very close to one another."
“I can’t presume to speak for my lord, exactly,” Kogi temporizes. “He has an understanding of his twin brother that is closer than other people can grasp. But I think this won’t trouble him. It’s more or less the way things have already worked these last few years. Anyway,” the faintest laugh ripples her veil, “my lord finds Shinsei interesting. Probably he’ll be content see the little teacher and his students remain somewhat independent, the better to stir up whatever surprises they see fit.”
是藥三分毒

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:22 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:11 pm
“I can’t presume to speak for my lord, exactly,” Kogi temporizes. “He has an understanding of his twin brother that is closer than other people can grasp. But I think this won’t trouble him. It’s more or less the way things have already worked these last few years. Anyway,” the faintest laugh ripples her veil, “my lord finds Shinsei interesting. Probably he’ll be content see the little teacher and his students remain somewhat independent, the better to stir up whatever surprises they see fit.”
The faint laugh draws a soft chuckle from the young dragon. "Ah, yes... you're right. It is just formalising how it has been with the Order of Heroes. My mother freely gave them a place in Great Falls to build from, seeing that the monks of the Order do good work and their own teachings align much with her own ideals of improving the lives of the people in the Empire, along with spreading learning and knowledge."

Sipping her tea, she looked to the courtroom for a moment, before back to Kogi. "Besides, like us, they too answer to the divine Emperor, neh? Makes me wonder, when speaking with his advisors and the Lord Consort, if uncle Yuzuru suggested this because it would rile up some folks."
Theme | Profile

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:23 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:10 pm
Kinsen nods and flutters her fan a bit, saying confidently, "If it stays as is, the Clans –– like the Spider –– should start to make monastic orders within themselves as to avoid it from being a separate entity. Very wise of Hisomu-san to ask that to our Wise Emperor. I wonder if orders not affiliated to Clans might prose as threats if they start preaching their ways without an agreement. Or if they would be used to shake one's Clan's power over their people and territory."
"It may be in the best interest and that of the Bakufu to promote an order we find palatable or follow the Dragon and create an order from within," she offered from behind her fan.

"They will say they are not antagonizing Clans when they could easily destabilize whole regions with impunity."
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan