[EA, D7] Imperial Court, Part 4

Hisomu Susumu

Re: [EA, D7] Imperial Court, Part 4

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:44 am

Susumu quirks an eyebrow and rises, advancing closer to the dias, positioning himself slightly askance as he waits to be addressed.

(Approaching dias)
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:16 pm

Kinsen also raises an eyebrow to such a decision. Once again, the Emperor decides without consulting his most important subjects.

Would the monk now have samurai status?
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:40 pm

Shiba wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:12 am
-snip-
Kuu bowed at the ruling handed down by Shiba.

In the mirroring of the heavens a monk order was like a dragon. And thus the followers of those orders were much akin to followers of dragons. His mind began to work through possibilities for what that meant. It might be appropriate in that case to actually have an Order that is dedicated to the dragons to honor that link. He was pleased with the ruling.
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:02 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:02 am
Sasori shook her head. "Do not worry Otomo sama for this one's pain is not your fault. It is this one's fault. I apologize for any inconvenience that this one may have caused."
"No apology is needed," Gusai says, then stops from saying more as the Emperor speaks.

That'll be interesting, he thinks, and he glances around the room, seeing others' reactions. Sora seems pleased. The Lady Hantei doesn't. Nor does Tsubaki. The Spider, his brow furrows, I'm not sure.

"What do you think of that?" he asks Sasori, lifting his chin to point towards the dais.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:20 pm

She placed her fan between Gusai's ear and her mouth just to whisper her thoughts. "It would bring quite the controversy. There probably will be more than one sect as many interpretation of the different teachings of what would one call religion. It would put us at an advantage over those who are not affiliated with a clan." Then she sighed. "Then again depending on their believes monks like unaffiliated tribes could become... troublesome." She kept her voice low.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:35 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:20 pm
She placed her fan between Gusai's ear and her mouth just to whisper her thoughts. "It would bring quite the controversy. There probably will be more than one sect as many interpretation of the different teachings of what would one call religion. It would put us at an advantage over those who are not affiliated with a clan." Then she sighed. "Then again depending on their believes monks like unaffiliated tribes could become... troublesome." She kept her voice low.
Gusai nods. "Not all will want volunteer blooms rising in their tended gardens, to be sure," he replies. Then again, a fractious crew can't mutiny, he thinks, and I know some are aware of such goings on. "Though an unexpected flower can be a beautiful thing," he adds.

He turns his head toward her and does his strange wink again.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:44 am
Susumu quirks an eyebrow and rises, advancing closer to the dias, positioning himself slightly askance as he waits to be addressed.

(Approaching dias)
Shiba nodded to him. "What brings you before me today?"
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:37 pm

Susumu bows deeply. "Thank you for acknowledging me Honorable Son of Heaven. I was not sure from your proclamation, and I sought clarity. If another Clan were to found a new order of monks, and to consider them samurai of the Clan with all rights and responsibilities that that entails, would they be considered the same a the Togashui order?"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:04 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:35 pm
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:20 pm
Gusai nods. "Not all will want volunteer blooms rising in their tended gardens, to be sure," he replies. Then again, a fractious crew can't mutiny, he thinks, and I know some are aware of such goings on. "Though an unexpected flower can be a beautiful thing," he adds.

He turns his head toward her and does his strange wink again.
"Sometimes most subtle herb can have a potent flavor." She now softened as she giggled into her fan.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:50 pm

Matsu was in attendance this morning, remaining near the Spider delegation.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:56 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:50 pm
Matsu was in attendance this morning, remaining near the Spider delegation.
Ah, my new favorite theater critic.

Sora approached the Spider and bowed.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:59 pm

Realising she had been playing hooky once already, Satsuki figured she might as well show up for court today if only to keep up appearances. Wearing her often-worn outfit in pale yellow with bird-motif, Satsuki arrived in time to hear Shiba's announcement regarding monks.

She at least smile with ease over such good news. My uncles must've spent quite a lot of time thinking that one through with their advisors, she thought reassuringly, knowing that Shiba was similar to her own father in that they both carefully thought things through.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:18 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:56 pm
Ah, my new favorite theater critic.

Sora approached the Spider and bowed.
Seeing the Imperial, the warrior woman bowed deeply in reply. "Good Morning, Jiyo-sama. I hope the day finds you well." She spoke softly, not wanting to disturb court too much.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:20 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:18 pm
Seeing the Imperial, the warrior woman bowed deeply in reply. "Good Morning, Jiyo-sama. I hope the day finds you well." She spoke softly, not wanting to disturb court too much.
"No need to be so formal with me, Hisomu-san, we've known each other far too long for that, hm? I have a couple of questions- the first is personal, the second is more businesslike. So. How's your father doing? I take a keen interest in the only person I still get to call an old man these days, but my last trip with the Ongaku was some months ago."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:25 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:20 pm
"No need to be so formal with me, Hisomu-san, we've known each other far too long for that, hm? I have a couple of questions- the first is personal, the second is more businesslike. So. How's your father doing? I take a keen interest in the only person I still get to call an old man these days, but my last trip with the Ongaku was some months ago."
"Growing older, though no less blessed by Bishamon. He and his wife have a few young children now, half siblings who I love very dearly. All his hair, that which remains, anyway, has gone white with age." She smiled at the question.

"And I suppose no need for formality, save to frame what happened last night. Can't be seen as a pure storm of rage, I suppose."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:30 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:25 pm
"Growing older, though no less blessed by Bishamon. He and his wife have a few young children now, half siblings who I love very dearly. All his hair, that which remains, anyway, has gone white with age." She smiled at the question.
"Glad to hear it. And glad to hear his family continues to prosper."
"And I suppose no need for formality, save to frame what happened last night. Can't be seen as a pure storm of rage, I suppose."
"Oh, I wasn't there, I only know what the gossips say, but it sounds as if it touched a few nerves, not just yours. Still."

He sighed.

"I know the Emperor likes peace between his subjects. At the same time..."

At the same time, two dueling strains of pride are in play here, and there's not a hell of a lot to be done about it.

".... I can understand a bit of irritation. I'd meant to go, but had to adjust my schedule a bit at the last minute. But enough about that. That future will have to sort itself out. But speaking of futures... I fear I haven't spoken with many Spider yet this season. I was curious about what it is the Spider seek to achieve this winter, and if we can be of any help?"

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:54 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:16 pm
Kinsen also raises an eyebrow to such a decision. Once again, the Emperor decides without consulting his most important subjects.

Would the monk now have samurai status?
Layers upon layers of blue and white, with matching parasol that she lowered as she entered and handed off to a servant in her retinue. Her hair studded with jewelry and pins as she entered fashionably late to the courtly party. Each step measured but small as she made her way to her aunt’s side languidly, oh the thug was here, best to offer a smile.

And she did, bright and genuine, before covering her smile with her fan that matched her many layers and ensemble. One her shoulder rested a white raven that wore a blue bangle around one ankle, it watched the room silently as she fed it a little treat.

Once she had arrived at her destination she said, “Good day, Auntie, Have I missed anything of importance?”
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:08 pm

Akodo moshi waits patiently for an opportunity to speak with the monks. New information gleaned from the god whose gift is that of divination plays in her mind
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:58 pm

Kogi has been a quiet listener this afternoon, having no petitions to present herself, but her thoughts begin to spin at a brisker pace when the Emperor makes his announcement. It isn't surprising, exactly--more a codification of the role the monks seemed already to have been occupying--but it is interesting all the same to see Shiba-no-Kami make such a specific ruling on the subject. And interesting that not everyone seems entirely happy with it, too.

((pm if you'd like to chat! otherwise I may approach someone when I've got a minute to sort out who's free.))
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:07 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:58 pm
Kogi has been a quiet listener this afternoon, having no petitions to present herself, but her thoughts begin to spin at a brisker pace when the Emperor makes his announcement. It isn't surprising, exactly--more a codification of the role the monks seemed already to have been occupying--but it is interesting all the same to see Shiba-no-Kami make such a specific ruling on the subject. And interesting that not everyone seems entirely happy with it, too.

((pm if you'd like to chat! otherwise I may approach someone when I've got a minute to sort out who's free.))
Seeing one of uncle Bayushi's followers, Satsuki decided to approach the lone Scorpion. Staying by yourself too long in court was bound to draw unwanted attention eventually, so it was safety in numbers!

"Bayushi-san, yes?" she greeted with a kind smile, albeit a little tired, a bow accompanying it shortly. "Would you like to share tea as we watch the court proceedings?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).