[EA, D7] Imperial Court, Part 4

Doji Dojihime

Re: [EA, D7] Imperial Court, Part 4

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:42 pm

“Father would be pleased,” she said to her Aunt about Genji’s announcement and then added looking at the Dragon princess from behind her fan, “I am perturbed on another matter, my dearest cousin has betrayed me for what I can assume was that creature calling itself a Spider. I would like to think otherwise but I have it on good authority she went to comfort the beast. I sent her a pointed letter and still she does nothing to make amends.”
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:28 am

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:42 pm
“Father would be pleased,” she said to her Aunt about Genji’s announcement and then added looking at the Dragon princess from behind her fan, “I am perturbed on another matter, my dearest cousin has betrayed me for what I can assume was that creature calling itself a Spider. I would like to think otherwise but I have it on good authority she went to comfort the beast. I sent her a pointed letter and still she does nothing to make amends.”
Kinsen cocks her head back at the comment and shakes it negatively, "Dear niece shouldn't worry about that. Satsuki-chan is family. Perhaps you should talk with her to understand what happened. Hisomu Matsu-san may have failed with courtesy, but she's still a good samurai, and a worthy rival. My advise is to treat as such, and learn from the conflict."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:56 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:28 am
Kinsen cocks her head back at the comment and shakes it negatively, "Dear niece shouldn't worry about that. Satsuki-chan is family. Perhaps you should talk with her to understand what happened. Hisomu Matsu-san may have failed with courtesy, but she's still a good samurai, and a worthy rival. My advise is to treat as such, and learn from the conflict."
She narrowed her eyes at the Spider briefly and then said, “You think so, dearest Auntie. Fine I will try to look past this debacle and see the larger picture, for your sake. You have yet to steer me wrong, still… it stings to have her choose that… over me.”
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:18 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:15 pm
Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:12 pm
" My motives aren't completely pure Jiyo-sama. I don't care to admit when we fall short, but the Crab have builders and engineers who are second to none. We could use such help ourselves." Susumu offers a polite smile. " All of those in the North would likely be fine on their own in another generation, I expect. But working together... I think much greater things can be done"
"Ah, Hisomu-san, improving the lands you oversee for the good of the Empire is about as pure a motive as can exist. And remember, we pulled from the strengths of every Clan in the Library system, and the writings of every Clan have a home there. It's no shame to get help from those most qualified to give it."

He adopted a stage whisper.

"Why do you think I have my wife write most of the formal documentation for the libraries?"
Matsu was grateful when Susumu joined in. She wasn't a diplomat, that much was certain. She was better at brow beating and staring down. The niceities of diplomacy were not her strength. Still, she remained by the two men, a small smile on her features.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:37 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:31 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:24 pm
“Oh. But… who provides for the monks in Great Falls?” Kogi asks, curious. “Do they grow their own food and make their own clothing? Not many of them have come to settle in my lord’s lands—the first time I had a proper talk with one was the day of the wedding. I don’t know very much about how they live.”

Genji’s announcement to the throne diverts her attention for a few moments.
Satsuki too was likewise distracted by the exchange between Genji and Shiba. She briefly wondered what this duel was about, but figured it couldn't be that important... wasn't this about the Crane and the Bat having their little disagreement?

She'd show up to support Genji-kun. And Hikaru...

"Ah... hmmm... I'm not much of an administrator in this regard, so my knowledge of it isn't fully comprehensive to give you a completely correct answer, Bayushi-san," she murmured, returning to their conversation after a sip of tea. "But from what I know, mother has shared much with the Order, because that is her way. At least in the earlier days of its founding."

"From what I've seen in the past years, the monks in Great Falls grow some of their own food and trade for cloth to make their own simple robes, but also trade goods and services on occassion with the people there. Similarly, I've seen the monks help out where they can there, with building, medical knowledge, or educating; in return, the people offer them food, and help where they can with the maintance of their temple."
Kogi is quiet for a moment, considering this--and possibly also sorting through the other fragments of speech overheard in the general murmur of courtly conversation. She also looks a bit concerned--or perhaps intrigued--at the Emperor's mention of some real duel on his schedule. Was this the matter of the Crane and the Bat? Because if so.... With a slight effort, she returns her thoughts to the question closer at hand.

"So, when the Order established itself up there, they didn't receive enough land to be quite self-sufficient, and still they manage to be only partly dependent on your mother's generosity. That's useful to know, Togashi-sama, thank you." She nods in a deliberative sort of way. "My lord and his stewards will need to evaluate the costs and benefits before deciding how to approach your father's temple project. Wu-sama understandably had only a little information to share about either. But the cost may not be as high as I first guessed."

A soft sigh puffs out her veil slightly. "The benefit... I don't think I can give my lord a very clear report on that yet. It's a puzzle worthy of Lord Togashi, truthfully. But if the monks at Great Falls are helpful to the people nearby, that's one thing I can report, at least."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:11 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:11 pm
"Mine is Inari no kami. It keeps us well fed." Then Genji made his announcement. "Iaido... that is odd." Then she wondered. "Maybe I should announce my invitation to a scavenger hunt. Perhaps entertain the imperial fox."
"Scavenger hunt?" Gusai asks. "You do like interesting games."

And he keeps an ear towards the dais. Just good practice, really.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:53 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:37 am
Kogi is quiet for a moment, considering this--and possibly also sorting through the other fragments of speech overheard in the general murmur of courtly conversation. She also looks a bit concerned--or perhaps intrigued--at the Emperor's mention of some real duel on his schedule. Was this the matter of the Crane and the Bat? Because if so.... With a slight effort, she returns her thoughts to the question closer at hand.

"So, when the Order established itself up there, they didn't receive enough land to be quite self-sufficient, and still they manage to be only partly dependent on your mother's generosity. That's useful to know, Togashi-sama, thank you." She nods in a deliberative sort of way. "My lord and his stewards will need to evaluate the costs and benefits before deciding how to approach your father's temple project. Wu-sama understandably had only a little information to share about either. But the cost may not be as high as I first guessed."

A soft sigh puffs out her veil slightly. "The benefit... I don't think I can give my lord a very clear report on that yet. It's a puzzle worthy of Lord Togashi, truthfully. But if the monks at Great Falls are helpful to the people nearby, that's one thing I can report, at least."
Maybe I need to practice more on this. Still feels like something wasn't translating quite right.

"I'm glad what little knowledge I have is of help, Bayushi-san. I do wish I could give more answers regarding my father's intentions and plans, but he has a tendency to share only the minimum on such things. Mostly I suspect it's because he sees things we cannot... my uncle the honored consort was in the past a great seer of the Ayakashi, and through his visions he foresaw the arrival of the Kami, but also threats and dangers to the tribe and they averted such troubles thanks to him. My father is similar in that he sees far ahead, and acts accordingly."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:08 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:53 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:37 am

Maybe I need to practice more on this. Still feels like something wasn't translating quite right.

"I'm glad what little knowledge I have is of help, Bayushi-san. I do wish I could give more answers regarding my father's intentions and plans, but he has a tendency to share only the minimum on such things. Mostly I suspect it's because he sees things we cannot... my uncle the honored consort was in the past a great seer of the Ayakashi, and through his visions he foresaw the arrival of the Kami, but also threats and dangers to the tribe and they averted such troubles thanks to him. My father is similar in that he sees far ahead, and acts accordingly."
Kogi nods solemnly. "Your father's reputation has reached my lord's lands, of course. Insights beyond what the rest of us see... these things are helpful, but the rest of us still have to make the most of them. We might not be able to afford to wait around until everything is revealed on its own. I wouldn't ever presume to question your father's methods, much less his intentions. But my lord Bayushi's method, when given a new piece of knowledge, is to try to find out as much as one can about it by whatever means one can. That's my duty to him in this matter... well, part of it."
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:01 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:08 pm
Kogi nods solemnly. "Your father's reputation has reached my lord's lands, of course. Insights beyond what the rest of us see... these things are helpful, but the rest of us still have to make the most of them. We might not be able to afford to wait around until everything is revealed on its own. I wouldn't ever presume to question your father's methods, much less his intentions. But my lord Bayushi's method, when given a new piece of knowledge, is to try to find out as much as one can about it by whatever means one can. That's my duty to him in this matter... well, part of it."
"Of course! I understand." I think. "Uncle Bayushi will do as he wishes... I do hope I get to visit him sometime. Scorpion lands aren't too far Fron here right?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:12 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:11 am
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:11 pm
"Mine is Inari no kami. It keeps us well fed." Then Genji made his announcement. "Iaido... that is odd." Then she wondered. "Maybe I should announce my invitation to a scavenger hunt. Perhaps entertain the imperial fox."
"Scavenger hunt?" Gusai asks. "You do like interesting games."

And he keeps an ear towards the dais. Just good practice, really.
"Hai... Interesting games" She smiled as the Dais continued with controversy.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:15 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:12 pm
"Hai... Interesting games" She smiled as the Dais continued with controversy.
Gusai nods.

"There'll be plenty, moving forward."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:44 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:01 pm
"Of course! I understand." I think. "Uncle Bayushi will do as he wishes... I do hope I get to visit him sometime. Scorpion lands aren't too far Fron here right?"
Kogi nods. "Just the other side of the Spine of the World. Not a difficult journey... in summer." That thought ends on a faint rueful sigh. "The passes aren't so easy to cross in weather like this."
是藥三分毒

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:46 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:44 am
Kogi nods. "Just the other side of the Spine of the World. Not a difficult journey... in summer." That thought ends on a faint rueful sigh. "The passes aren't so easy to cross in weather like this."
"Ah so there are mountains! That's at least something familiar to me," she said with a small grin. "What's it like in the lands of Lord Bayushi? The few times I've met him, he's always so mysterious - but very nice, I think. But I don't know what he's like as a leader to his people, or how it is in his lands."
Theme | Profile

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:02 am

"There are mountains, yes." Kogi laughs softly behind her veil, setting her cup down again. "My lord's territory runs from the west side of the mountains to the valley of the River of Gold--from highlands to river lands--and to the edge of the Shinomen Mori on the other side of the river. Not so easy to describe the land itself in a few words. The people are just as varied." She opens a hand palm-up, fingers spread wide--and, slowly, closes it into a loose fist as she speaks: "Binding them together into one people is still one of our biggest tasks. It costs more than ideas--safe roads, bridges and ferries, books and market towns, all of that. And maybe temples, if my lord thinks that idea will help."
是藥三分毒

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:56 pm

As Kogi spoke, Satsuki seemed to be imagining what it might look like as she had a distand expression on her face. "It sounds pretty amazing... so varied, and diverse."

Her lips quirked into a half-smile. "Seems like a similar challenge that many face though; bringing all the different backgrounds of the various tribes together. We're united in being one Empire, and on a more local level; one Clan, one Family. But there's still challenges for certain that will take time to smooth out. It's something I'm trying to work towards within the Dragon, though it will take a lot of work to find a way to respect the ways of most."
Theme | Profile

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:37 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:56 pm
As Kogi spoke, Satsuki seemed to be imagining what it might look like as she had a distand expression on her face. "It sounds pretty amazing... so varied, and diverse."

Her lips quirked into a half-smile. "Seems like a similar challenge that many face though; bringing all the different backgrounds of the various tribes together. We're united in being one Empire, and on a more local level; one Clan, one Family. But there's still challenges for certain that will take time to smooth out. It's something I'm trying to work towards within the Dragon, though it will take a lot of work to find a way to respect the ways of most."
"Oh, yes, still a lot of work," Kogi nods. "Persuading people to change the way they live and think is rarely quick. I really wonder at the people here in the capital who are in such a hurry to divide the Clans up into factions and rivals-- isn't that rather undoing what the Emperor and his brothers and sisters are working so hard to do?"
是藥三分毒

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:01 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:37 am
"Oh, yes, still a lot of work," Kogi nods. "Persuading people to change the way they live and think is rarely quick. I really wonder at the people here in the capital who are in such a hurry to divide the Clans up into factions and rivals-- isn't that rather undoing what the Emperor and his brothers and sisters are working so hard to do?"
The girl nodded in agreement to Kogi's words.

"Yes, I think it's often forgotten too that the Empire came together out of a wish to create more peace and harmony in the land; when my mother was still with her tribe, she said that it was always an unknown danger to meeting those from another tribe because they'd usually have no qualms to hurt you if you offended them or they wanted what you owned." How times had changed still.

"We're all united now under the banner of the Emperor, at least, so we all share that in common. We're all the same people of the same land."
Theme | Profile

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:02 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:01 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:37 am
The girl nodded in agreement to Kogi's words.

"Yes, I think it's often forgotten too that the Empire came together out of a wish to create more peace and harmony in the land; when my mother was still with her tribe, she said that it was always an unknown danger to meeting those from another tribe because they'd usually have no qualms to hurt you if you offended them or they wanted what you owned." How times had changed still.

"We're all united now under the banner of the Emperor, at least, so we all share that in common. We're all the same people of the same land."
Kogi's brow arches upward briefly. "Nicely said, Togashi-sama. If this becomes a land where no one freely hurts a stranger just because they want what she has..." Her gaze drifts around the audience hall for a few moments before she regathers her focus. "Rokugan would truly be blessed by Heaven, and I would be more than content. "
是藥三分毒

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:39 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:02 am
Kogi's brow arches upward briefly. "Nicely said, Togashi-sama. If this becomes a land where no one freely hurts a stranger just because they want what she has..." Her gaze drifts around the audience hall for a few moments before she regathers her focus. "Rokugan would truly be blessed by Heaven, and I would be more than content. "
"... Me too, Bayushi-san," she agreed, a gente nod accompanying her words. "If all we disagree on in the future is tea or wine, then I think it will be a good time."

---

OOC: I'm fine with fading out here? :)
Theme | Profile