Nozomi

Re: [D6, EA] Imperial Court, Part 3

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:42 pm

Kuu wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:08 pm
Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:48 pm
-snip-
"Well, I imagine that whatever other concerns come before the emperor will be pretty important. One nice thing about living mostly separate from worldly concerns is that we do not have any direct duties that are as lofty as the concerns of an emperor," he says with a smirk. "It is a burden that he carries well."
"You know... you would think that. But I think that most of what has been brought before him lately have been small gatherings of events, presentations and the like. Though there was some serious concern when this court began. He made a ruling related to the people departing Imperial lands to the north. It was a very good one." She'd approved thoroughly. "Very benevolent and fitting."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:27 pm

"Ah, but even my legendary cruelty has its limits, Hantei-san!"

"I won't lie, I've been impressed. Plenty of clear-headed thinkers in your generation. It's... a bit of a relief."
"Does it though, Jiyo-san?" Genji smiled. "Maybe the legends exaggerate then."

He raised an eyebrow. "Would you be so kind as to elaborate Jiyo-san? On the clear thinkers of our generation?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:37 pm

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:41 pm

Seeing her sister arrive after a while of wandering around the room, Kotsume makes her way towards her, rather awe-struck by the Lion's appearance. "Onee-san", she says in a soft voice when she comes to her. "... wow. I had seen you just from a distance during the wedding, so I hadn't fully realised how fantastic you looked!", she adds with a wide grin. "I'd say you're more fit to present our case to the emperor than I am!", she said, opening her eyes a bit and waving her hands as if to show her somewhat charming, but much simpler clothes.

She then looked towards the Dais, seeing the Doji lady leaving but the monks still nearby. "Ah... we should probably try to find a chance to speak soon, sister."

EDIT: Oof, sorry for the delay, tough day yesterday -_-'
Kawauso smiles and thanks her sister. Then she exhales a deep breath and calmly says, "I'm ready. After you present Chaihime-sama's message, I'll step forward to endorse the need and the wisdom of local leaders from the clans acting in cooperation." She nods, seeming to reassure herself of the plan.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:19 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:37 pm
Kawauso smiles and thanks her sister. Then she exhales a deep breath and calmly says, "I'm ready. After you present Chaihime-sama's message, I'll step forward to endorse the need and the wisdom of local leaders from the clans acting in cooperation." She nods, seeming to reassure herself of the plan.
The shorter otter-girl nods, taking a deep breath herself and smiling, to herself as much as to Kawauso. "Let's do it, then."
Shiba wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 pm
--is hopefully free now--
When she sees the monks taking their leave from the Emperor's presence, she meanders slowly through the crowd, looking over her shoulder now and then to reassure herself that her sister was following... then knelt and bowed low again.

"Tenno-heika... if you can spare a moment of your time, my sister and I have a matter we'd like to bring to your attention", she says with a surprisingly controlled voice, given her usual bubbliness.
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:25 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:19 am
As the fox approaches close enough, Gusai says, sotto voce "Jiyo Phi sends her regards."
The egg is chomped with a thump of the tail before returning to the dais, still licking egg crumbs from it's whiskers.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:28 pm

Seeing the fox return to the dais, Gusai smiles.

His attention is open, now.

(Anybody want to talk? To flirt? To make arrangements for an assignation? Quote me!)
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:00 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:42 pm
-snip-
"I have no doubt that the range of importance is wide. But even if something may seem small to most, it can be extremely important to a few. And the rulings he hands down can set precedents for future rulings that may be of greater importance. Everything is relative."
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:00 pm
He raised an eyebrow. "Would you be so kind as to elaborate Jiyo-san? On the clear thinkers of our generation?"
"Thus far, I've been pleasantly surprised by the forethought, clear-headedness, and patience of a great many of you friggin' kids."

He started counting them off on his fingers.

"Makime Ayano-san brought up a good idea, presented it well, and listens to feedback. Akodo Kawauso-san read the situation with the bear and responded cautiously and with the grace the situation called for. Yoshitsune Chizu-san proved frank and open about what her objectives here are, and listened to my rambling advice on the subject without visibly dozing off. Otomo Gusai-san has a good head for situational awareness..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:21 am

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:19 pm
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:37 pm
The shorter otter-girl nods, taking a deep breath herself and smiling, to herself as much as to Kawauso. "Let's do it, then."
Shiba wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 pm
--is hopefully free now--
When she sees the monks taking their leave from the Emperor's presence, she meanders slowly through the crowd, looking over her shoulder now and then to reassure herself that her sister was following... then knelt and bowed low again.

"Tenno-heika... if you can spare a moment of your time, my sister and I have a matter we'd like to bring to your attention", she says with a surprisingly controlled voice, given her usual bubbliness.
Shiba nodded. "Certainly, Chai-san. What brings you before me?"
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:52 am

Kuu wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:00 pm
Nozomi wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:42 pm
-snip-
"I have no doubt that the range of importance is wide. But even if something may seem small to most, it can be extremely important to a few. And the rulings he hands down can set precedents for future rulings that may be of greater importance. Everything is relative."
"Everything in all things is relative, yes," she said, at ease. When she saw the ki-rin approach, she looked in their direction, watching to see what it was she was planning to bring up. After all there were aa few possibilities, though she had a suspicion about the woman's concerns...

"I wonder what this one will be."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:45 am

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:52 am

"Everything in all things is relative, yes," she said, at ease. When she saw the ki-rin approach, she looked in their direction, watching to see what it was she was planning to bring up. After all there were aa few possibilities, though she had a suspicion about the woman's concerns...

"I wonder what this one will be."
Kyosei moves away from the wall, and approaches the monk (nun?), and gives a small bow.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:22 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:42 pm
"Thus far, I've been pleasantly surprised by the forethought, clear-headedness, and patience of a great many of you friggin' kids."

He started counting them off on his fingers.

"Makime Ayano-san brought up a good idea, presented it well, and listens to feedback. Akodo Kawauso-san read the situation with the bear and responded cautiously and with the grace the situation called for. Yoshitsune Chizu-san proved frank and open about what her objectives here are, and listened to my rambling advice on the subject without visibly dozing off. Otomo Gusai-san has a good head for situational awareness..."
"So, you're saying, despite your legendary crankyness, we are better than you." His eyes shut up and winked at the old man. "Hai, Yoshitsune-san and Akodo-san are both quite talented and skilled. Otomo-san is...well, he has ideas. Lots of them. I think. As for Makime-san?" He smiled widely. "That was a wonderful idea, and I hope we can bring it to fruition."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:29 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:22 am
"So, you're saying, despite your legendary crankyness, we are better than you." His eyes shut up and winked at the old man. "Hai, Yoshitsune-san and Akodo-san are both quite talented and skilled. Otomo-san is...well, he has ideas. Lots of them. I think. As for Makime-san?" He smiled widely. "That was a wonderful idea, and I hope we can bring it to fruition."
"Pffft, being better than me's no achievement, Hantei-san."

He winked.

"But keep your ears open for more ideas from Makime-san. Because that very good notion of hers is part of a greater whole."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:03 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:29 am

"Pffft, being better than me's no achievement, Hantei-san."

He winked.

"But keep your ears open for more ideas from Makime-san. Because that very good notion of hers is part of a greater whole."
"Now now Jiyo-san, don't put yourself down. I am sure there are many many squirrels who strive to match you." He nodded. "Hai. I like the idea of a more interconnected Empire. Currently I feel we are too separate, too...distant."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:07 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:03 am
"Now now Jiyo-san, don't put yourself down. I am sure there are many many squirrels who strive to match you." He nodded. "Hai. I like the idea of a more interconnected Empire. Currently I feel we are too separate, too...distant."
"Of course, it does beg one question... which way will the flow of ideas prove most... compelling?"

Current Theme

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:07 am

"Of course, it does beg one question... which way will the flow of ideas prove most... compelling?"
"Ah, what do you mean exactly Jiyo-san?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:19 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am
"Well. The distance you speak of isn't simply physical. it's cultural. And as travel throughout the Empire becomes easier, the differing ideas- and ideals- of each Kami's followers will encounter one another with greater frequency."

Sora glanced toward the throne.

"The Emperor has allowed great leeway for each Clan to handle cultural matters internally. The question arises, though... as the flow of ideas increases, how will those ideas be received in differing quarters of the Empire?"

Current Theme

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:28 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:19 am
Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am
"Well. The distance you speak of isn't simply physical. it's cultural. And as travel throughout the Empire becomes easier, the differing ideas- and ideals- of each Kami's followers will encounter one another with greater frequency."

Sora glanced toward the throne.

"The Emperor has allowed great leeway for each Clan to handle cultural matters internally. The question arises, though... as the flow of ideas increases, how will those ideas be received in differing quarters of the Empire?"
Genji nodded. "I found the cultural exchange to be fruitful. So far." He glanced at the Emperor. "My dear uncle has won his title by skill and prowess. So far, he has been content to rule based on that and the love of his people." He glanced towards back Sora. "You feel that love will reach its limit sometime?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:32 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:28 am
Genji nodded. "I found the cultural exchange to be fruitful. So far." He glanced at the Emperor. "My dear uncle has won his title by skill and prowess. So far, he has been content to rule based on that and the love of his people." He glanced towards back Sora. "You feel that love will reach its limit sometime?"
"Oh, not at all. He was even able to win the love of a near-rabid old mountain dog like me, after all. But I do think that efforts by Clans to... export worldviews into the lands of other Clans that don't already share them will result in friction."

A pause.

"I take any inter-clan friction that would increase the Emperor's burdens very, very seriously. So. I was hoping we might make an effort to get in front of the problem to a degree."

Current Theme

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:36 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:32 am

"Oh, not at all. He was even able to win the love of a near-rabid old mountain dog like me, after all. But I do think that efforts by Clans to... export worldviews into the lands of other Clans that don't already share them will result in friction."

A pause.

"I take any inter-clan friction that would increase the Emperor's burdens very, very seriously. So. I was hoping we might make an effort to get in front of the problem to a degree."
"Ah. Beat them up and take their stuff?" He asked with a smirk, before turning serious. "Any specific frictions that you are aware besides the usual?" He eyed the Crab delegation. "I know from our end we are trying to make friends, instead of foes."