[D6, EA] Imperial Court, Part 3

Jiyo Sora

Re: [D6, EA] Imperial Court, Part 3

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:10 pm
"Maybe you should write a book about it?"
"Oh, I'm an abysmal writer, Hantei-san... although I might see if my wife feels up to it."
He smiled once again. "Hai, that proposal certainly had merit. A faster way to exchange books perhaps?"
"Books, ideas, goods, artwork... and all of the other things that make an Empire an Empire. And it would make mobilizing resources in a crisis much easier. I hadn't expected anything so uncontroversial as that."

A pause.

"So, I have to ask, because there may or may not be a betting pool going... your mother's quest to turn this wedding into an engagement. How's that going?"

He sounded more amused than actively interested.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:35 pm
*snip*
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:02 pm
-snip-
Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:09 pm
*snip*
Shiba closed his eyes, expression one of deep thought. If he sighed, it was only within the hearing of Yuzuru's particular sensitive ears nearby.

Finally, he opened his eyes and spoke. "This is a complex issue you have presented, Doji-san, Nozomi-san. It deserves greater consideration than a single court session. It will take deliberation, and a decision will be given tomorrow, when court is held then. I ask for your patience until then."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:20 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:10 pm
"Maybe you should write a book about it?"
"Oh, I'm an abysmal writer, Hantei-san... although I might see if my wife feels up to it."
He smiled once again. "Hai, that proposal certainly had merit. A faster way to exchange books perhaps?"
"Books, ideas, goods, artwork... and all of the other things that make an Empire an Empire. And it would make mobilizing resources in a crisis much easier. I hadn't expected anything so uncontroversial as that."

A pause.

"So, I have to ask, because there may or may not be a betting pool going... your mother's quest to turn this wedding into an engagement. How's that going?"

He sounded more amused than actively interested.
"But you are old and experienced enough that people would feel obligated to read your abysmal writing."
His smirk was ever present.

"Well...thst is one complicated topic. I doubt I'll.leave here with a fiance just yet, but truth be told, this is a good opportunity to meet samurai and samurai-ko from all over my uncle's Empire."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:27 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 pm
"But you are old and experienced enough that people would feel obligated to read your abysmal writing."
His smirk was ever present.
"Ah, but even my legendary cruelty has its limits, Hantei-san!"
"Well...thst is one complicated topic. I doubt I'll.leave here with a fiance just yet, but truth be told, this is a good opportunity to meet samurai and samurai-ko from all over my uncle's Empire."
"I won't lie, I've been impressed. Plenty of clear-headed thinkers in your generation. It's... a bit of a relief."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:29 pm

Shiba wrote:
Shiba closed his eyes, expression one of deep thought. If he sighed, it was only within the hearing of Yuzuru's particular sensitive ears nearby.

Finally, he opened his eyes and spoke. "This is a complex issue you have presented, Doji-san, Nozomi-san. It deserves greater consideration than a single court session. It will take deliberation, and a decision will be given tomorrow, when court is held then. I ask for your patience until then."
Nozomi bowed low once again. "Of course, Emperor. I thank you for taking the time go give this the full thought you feel it deserves. Should you require me for anything, please do not hesitate to summon me. I am at your discretion." She sounded relieved, actually. This wasn't something she felt could be just answered unless Shiba had already decided the matter in advance and simply hadn't ruled on it yet. As it stood, him taking the time to weight it properly could only be a good thing.

"I will await your decision with patience and thankfulness for your wisdom." She awaited his leave to return to a seat, giving a thankful look to the Doji. She was honestly glad the other woman had approached. Whether she said anything or not, a samurai of her standing adding weight to this meant that it carried weight of multiple parties to need an answer eventually. So, she would wait to hear the result.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:39 pm

Dojihime said, "Thank you uncle."

She bowed and retreated.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:12 pm

Kuu sat in the hall, not paying too much attention to anything. He seemed to be focused intently on his writing once more.

(PM if approached)
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:17 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:39 pm
Dojihime said, "Thank you uncle."

She bowed and retreated.
Once she was given leave to do so, she bowed again to the Emperor and stepped back. Bowing in turn to the Doji, she noticed Kuu's entry and approached her, giving the woman a bow and a murmur of thanks. "I appreciate your assistance, Doji-sama. We will wait to hear the Emperor's wisdom. By your leave, I should speak to my brother who has just entered. To keep him apprised. Feel free to call on me should you need. I will be attending your play this evening."
Kuu wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:12 pm
Kuu sat in the hall, not paying too much attention to anything. He seemed to be focused intently on his writing once more.

(PM if approached)
So long as the Doji did not mind, she and Mayumi would bow and then approach Kuu. Bowing to him, she offered her fellow monk a small smile and settled down. "Kuu-san. I hope you are well today. I have a little bit of news."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:18 pm

She nodded and went back to enjoying Court and looking beautiful.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:20 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:17 pm
So long as the Doji did not mind, she and Mayumi would bow and then approach Kuu. Bowing to him, she offered her fellow monk a small smile and settled down. "Kuu-san. I hope you are well today. I have a little bit of news."
Kuu looked up from his current endeavor and nodded, offering to have her join him next to the small writing table he had made for himself. "Then please sit and share with me," he replied with a smile.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:25 pm

Kuu wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:20 pm
Kuu looked up from his current endeavor and nodded, offering to have her join him next to the small writing table he had made for himself. "Then please sit and share with me," he replied with a smile.
Mayumi settled next to the two of them and Nozomi relaxed against the wall, pitching her voice low, so it did not carry much. 'In conversation with one of the clans, the topic of our rather ... unique status might mean within the Celestial Order, as it is being defined by the Emperor.' She said it in a neutral tone, level but not casual. 'On the one hand, none of us are worried about power. It's an attachment. Status and standing are for those who require such things. But we don't want to be unclear in our service of the people and the empire. So, I have asked the Emperor if he would consider and clarify this, so that there is no confusion for us, or for anyone else. He is going to think on it, and will speak his wisdom in the coming days of court.'

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:34 pm

"I look forward to the ruling of the emperor," he says with a nod, no real concern in his tone. "Where we fit specifically in the order is certainly a question that causes confusion or concern for some. But as he actually lived in the heavens and the empires order is supposed to reflect that of the heavens... it makes me wonder if there is some group that resides there that is similar to ours. I imagine the heads of clans and families are similar in structure to the fortunes and others that serve under the Sun and Moon. But are there lower level divine beings that simply serve the heavens under the auspices of the Sun and Moon that do not serve a fortune directly?"

He asks this and seems to ponder it. There was so much that mortals would likely never know of the heavens, only becoming privy to those secrets if they earned a place there.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:37 pm

Kuu wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:34 pm
"I look forward to the ruling of the emperor," he says with a nod, no real concern in his tone. "Where we fit specifically in the order is certainly a question that causes confusion or concern for some. But as he actually lived in the heavens and the empires order is supposed to reflect that of the heavens... it makes me wonder if there is some group that resides there that is similar to ours. I imagine the heads of clans and families are similar in structure to the fortunes and others that serve under the Sun and Moon. But are there lower level divine beings that simply serve the heavens under the auspices of the Sun and Moon that do not serve a fortune directly?"

He asks this and seems to ponder it. There was so much that mortals would likely never know of the heavens, only becoming privy to those secrets if they earned a place there.
"I am grateful that the matter will be handled by our Emperor one way or another. As you said... there's the possibility of confusion, and moving forward I do not want that to be the case. We are servants of the empire, and this will only help that even as we put aside worldly concerns." She didn't sound particularly nervous, but it helped a lot that the Crane had supported handing the question to the Emperor and hadn't politicked in a way that made it more problematic. They seemed to see the wisdom of getting his answer on its face just like she did. That was ... cheering, especially since she knew that Shinsei trusted Shiba.

"I'm also glad he's taking time to think on it. It seems the sort of question that deserves his thought, and it shows he is treating it as important."

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:39 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:16 pm
Gusai's eye does not miss the motion, and his hand opens just slightly, letting the egg more or less roll down his leg to rest beside his foot.

How clumsy! But then, the egg is no rope...
Dignity was abandoned, the fox stalked across the court to hunt down the ovoid prey.
Shiba wrote:

Yuzuru remained at the dais, listening to the monk's query and wondering which Doji it had been. He tilted his head slightly towards Shiba.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:42 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:37 pm
Kuu wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:34 pm
-snip-
"I am grateful that the matter will be handled by our Emperor one way or another. As you said... there's the possibility of confusion, and moving forward I do not want that to be the case. We are servants of the empire, and this will only help that even as we put aside worldly concerns." She didn't sound particularly nervous, but it helped a lot that the Crane had supported handing the question to the Emperor and hadn't politicked in a way that made it more problematic. They seemed to see the wisdom of getting his answer on its face just like she did. That was ... cheering, especially since she knew that Shinsei trusted Shiba.

"I'm also glad he's taking time to think on it. It seems the sort of question that deserves his thought, and it shows he is treating it as important."
"It is good. In some ways, I think that Shinsei shares traits of patience and consideration that our Emperor displays as an exemplar. I can't think of anyone I've met in the order that doesn't see that parallel at least. I believe it fosters a great amount of trust in all of us that they are both very purposeful but judicious."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:48 pm

Kuu wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:42 pm
"It is good. In some ways, I think that Shinsei shares traits of patience and consideration that our Emperor displays as an exemplar. I can't think of anyone I've met in the order that doesn't see that parallel at least. I believe it fosters a great amount of trust in all of us that they are both very purposeful but judicious."
"It is one of the Emperor's many good traits, yes. I'm certainly willing to be patient for an answer to this question. For now, though, I hadn't thought I would actually be addressing the dais today, so I am hoping we won't see too much else that's too weighty." After all, the kami only knew what else might be coming down the pipeline...

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:08 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:48 pm
-snip-
"Well, I imagine that whatever other concerns come before the emperor will be pretty important. One nice thing about living mostly separate from worldly concerns is that we do not have any direct duties that are as lofty as the concerns of an emperor," he says with a smirk. "It is a burden that he carries well."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:19 am

Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:39 pm
Dignity was abandoned, the fox stalked across the court to hunt down the ovoid prey.
As the fox approaches close enough, Gusai says, sotto voce "Jiyo Phi sends her regards."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:40 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:27 pm
"I won't lie, I've been impressed. Plenty of clear-headed thinkers in your generation. It's... a bit of a relief."
Were they not aware that Kinsen was just there?

She nearly spits her tea out as she hears Genji saying he just wants to meet people this court season. All over the Empire to make it even worse.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:41 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:18 am
A someone that she expects in court arrives a short time later, as carefully put together as the Lion had been for the great wedding. The shiny copper kimono, clearly of Makime silk, makes the tall woman a rather brilliant figure amid the throng. With hair braided around the crown of her head and then into a long tail down most of her back, Akodo Kawauso looked like she was in the right place. Engaging in all the proper steps as she entered, bowed, then stepped aside and drifted through the room, only those who'd really paid attention would recall she wasn't a regular at court.
Seeing her sister arrive after a while of wandering around the room, Kotsume makes her way towards her, rather awe-struck by the Lion's appearance. "Onee-san", she says in a soft voice when she comes to her. "... wow. I had seen you just from a distance during the wedding, so I hadn't fully realised how fantastic you looked!", she adds with a wide grin. "I'd say you're more fit to present our case to the emperor than I am!", she said, opening her eyes a bit and waving her hands as if to show her somewhat charming, but much simpler clothes.

She then looked towards the Dais, seeing the Doji lady leaving but the monks still nearby. "Ah... we should probably try to find a chance to speak soon, sister."

EDIT: Oof, sorry for the delay, tough day yesterday -_-'
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.