[D6, EA] Imperial Court, Part 3

Jiyo Sora

Re: [D6, EA] Imperial Court, Part 3

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:41 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:21 pm
"Sometimes a bad idea is a great idea. Or the only idea." He shrugged. "That is something that can be easy to overlook. We are a big Empire now, not everyone can be friends." He pondered for a moment. "Then again, I would not describe father as someone who has a variety of friends."

His eyes circled around the room. "speaking of which, perhaps we should discuss how the Imperial Families and the Stag might work together better."
"Well, naturally. I have to practice what I preach, don't I? What outstanding issues in the relationship do you see from the Stag point of view?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:45 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:41 pm

"Well, naturally. I have to practice what I preach, don't I? What outstanding issues in the relationship do you see from the Stag point of view?"
Genji shrugged. "Well, we are working on mending a few fences, as it were. I think we have enough on our hands without petty rivalries." He glanced up. "We1re trying to come to better terms with the Crab. I am not sure how are the feelings between them and your families."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:58 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:45 pm
Genji shrugged. "Well, we are working on mending a few fences, as it were. I think we have enough on our hands without petty rivalries." He glanced up. "We1re trying to come to better terms with the Crab. I am not sure how are the feelings between them and your families."
"Ah. Well. That's... complicated, but..."

He made a seesaw motion with his hand.

"I believe the Crab think the Imperial opinion is a bit harsher than it actually is. Yoshitsune-san mentioned that one of their goals is mending fences with the Emperor. I pointed out to her that a single mistake isn't going to make the Emperor forsake the people of one of his siblings. They're part of the Empire, and that means they're family."

He shrugged.

"Certainly, we can't expect the ones old enough to remember the lands to the South to be happy. But anyway. An improved relationship with the Crab is something the Emperor would love to see. The Boss would prefer that all of his subjects got along. So I might offer you the same advice I did Yoshitsune-san, in a way- reach out to each other. See what can be done for one another. And... always be careful of those who would offer to help. Not all motives are pure."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:03 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:58 pm

"Ah. Well. That's... complicated, but..."

He made a seesaw motion with his hand.

"I believe the Crab think the Imperial opinion is a bit harsher than it actually is. Yoshitsune-san mentioned that one of their goals is mending fences with the Emperor. I pointed out to her that a single mistake isn't going to make the Emperor forsake the people of one of his siblings. They're part of the Empire, and that means they're family."

He shrugged.

"Certainly, we can't expect the ones old enough to remember the lands to the South to be happy. But anyway. An improved relationship with the Crab is something the Emperor would love to see. The Boss would prefer that all of his subjects got along. So I might offer you the same advice I did Yoshitsune-san, in a way- reach out to each other. See what can be done for one another. And... always be careful of those who would offer to help. Not all motives are pure."
Genji just raised an eyebrow, turning his last bit of advice against him. He was, after all, offering help.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:15 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:03 pm
Genji just raised an eyebrow, turning his last bit of advice against him. He was, after all, offering help.
That just got a smile.

"Attaboy. You see it."

He glanced about the room.

"Makime-san believes much could be done in future projects with objective Imperial oversight. But how do we insure that Imperial oversight is actually objective, hm? It's why I would suggest you keep any reconciliation efforts between the Crab and Stag as bilateral as possible. With two parties, each knowing their own objectives, you can keep things simple. Get an outside party mixed up in any direct fashion? Our biases come into play. And we all have them."

Current Theme

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:49 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:53 pm
"My Wardens have informed me that you and several others present at this court attempted visit out ursine visitor yesterday. You should know I would have the bear undisturbed until it returns to it's expected behaviour, or might you have some insight into why it is behaving so unnaturally?"

He tilted his head.

"Are any of the others that visited present today that might shed light on things?"
The Ki-rin keeps her head low, waiting for a while to see if any others would say anything. As no-one does for now, she speaks herself.

"Hai, Yuzuru-heika, the Warden mentioned anyone visiting the area should speak to you." Her voice is firmer than before - although some emotion can still be heard - but still friendly and full of admiration. "... I too hope that our visiting ursine mother can find her peace", she adds kindly, but then her voice shows tones of worry. "But... while I don't know what may be causing it, I do believe there must be something that's causing it to act as it is. Maybe something has upset her or the cubs, or... maybe a menace of some sort", she says, more seriously. "It is in fact that worry that led my companions and I to visit the area. I was hoping to find clues as to what may be disturbing our wild visitor." The last words are said again with great kindness - whether that would be heard and understood by Yuzuru is another matter, of course.
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:20 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:53 pm
"My Wardens have informed me that you and several others present at this court attempted visit out ursine visitor yesterday. You should know I would have the bear undisturbed until it returns to it's expected behaviour, or might you have some insight into why it is behaving so unnaturally?"

He tilted his head.

"Are any of the others that visited present today that might shed light on things?"
After Kotsume speaks, Kawauso also asks for recognition.

"Honored Imperial Consort," the Lion says with great gravity, "This one was with the original party to, ah, treat with the bear, and I accompanied my sister to speak with the warden yesterday. I was present to assist her, as she is far more expert in the ways of animals than I am. We are happy to be of any assistance that your honored self wishes, or to simply leave the matter in the hands of those entrusted to it." She bows deeply and speaks no more unless asked.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:22 pm

The two sisters spoke, as he had expected. He gave a little time for the other two he had known to be there to speak if they wished.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:29 pm

Kinsen watches the exchange with great interest. Kawauso and her sister. Different Clans, and both apparently eligible.

She smiles.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:22 pm
The two sisters spoke, as he had expected. He gave a little time for the other two he had known to be there to speak if they wished.
Nozomi grunted once and held up a finger to forestall the Isawa before rising. Approaching the dais and bowing low to await the Consort's leave, she waited to be sure that she had leave to speak before addressing them. Once she had leave to speak, she did so clearly. "Imperial Consort-sama," she said in a calm tone. "I am Nozomi. I was present at the occasion to approach both the first occasion and the second. As reported by Jiyo Sora-sama initially, there is something unusual to the bear mother, and the Imperial Guard maintain a thorough vigil. When asked not to proceed further, I accepted the order and departed at the time that Bayushi-sama pressed the question, feeling that the declaration of your order was sufficient. The ground does not appear disturbed."

There was a pause and she considered a discussion that she'd had with Wu Ko. "I have been informed that there is some concern that the Bear may be a spirit of Chikushudo. If so, it would explain the incredible size of the bear, not to mention its unseasonable presence. Another has brought this concern to me, and it is becoming a significantly discussed topic, one I feel ill versed to comment on, other than physical evidence. The bear is certainly not one native to this region, however natural its protection of its cubs is."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:53 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 pm

Nozomi grunted once and held up a finger to forestall the Isawa before rising. Approaching the dais and bowing low to await the Consort's leave, she waited to be sure that she had leave to speak before addressing them. Once she had leave to speak, she did so clearly. "Imperial Consort-sama," she said in a calm tone. "I am Nozomi. I was present at the occasion to approach both the first occasion and the second. As reported by Jiyo Sora-sama initially, there is something unusual to the bear mother, and the Imperial Guard maintain a thorough vigil. When asked not to proceed further, I accepted the order and departed at the time that Bayushi-sama pressed the question, feeling that the declaration of your order was sufficient. The ground does not appear disturbed."

There was a pause and she considered a discussion that she'd had with Wu Ko. "I have been informed that there is some concern that the Bear may be a spirit of Chikushudo. If so, it would explain the incredible size of the bear, not to mention its unseasonable presence. Another has brought this concern to me, and it is becoming a significantly discussed topic, one I feel ill versed to comment on, other than physical evidence. The bear is certainly not one native to this region, however natural its protection of its cubs is."
When the monk mentions 'a spirit of Chikushudo', Kotsume's eyes instinctively wander to her. An animal spirit, then?, she wonders. That might indeed explain its particular qualities... but then, why would the spirit be here, enraged and protecting its cubs?.

She lowers her head again. There is... probably still something bothering it? She lets out a soft sigh.

Mom would surely know... there's so much I need to learn still.
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:57 pm

Sasori approached as her name was mentioned. She did not speak until asked any question by the consort.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:11 pm

Yuzuru nodded as the monk spoke, then the footsteps of the fourth were heard . . . but no voice added to the conversation.

"There is a question on the bear's origin, and to it's reason for being here, it's colouration, it's actions . . . a great deal things, but in the end it is still a bear and has already proven how dangerous it can be when provoked. We thank those that originally brought it to our attention as no further dangerous incidents have followed."

His fox looked up at him for a moment, before turning it's judgmental vulpine gaze on the four.

"I have already given leave for one of the Saru to investigate alongside my Wardens. If you can assure me you will not provoke the poor animal any further then I will allow you to investigate, but everything must be alongside the Wardens and any findings reported to me. Is that clear? If so, you may step back."

He smiled, tilting his head towards the Scorpion.

"And Bayushi-san, such silent treatment may be acceptable in Bayushi's Court, but here I prefer those that stand before me announce themselves. Hsieh-Hsieh may be able to see you, but he's never been good with human names."
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:20 pm

"Understood absolutely, and thank you for your consideration, Imperial Consort-sama," Nozomi said, bowing again and keeping her eyes downcast, just grateful that the conversation had come in this direction. Perhaps the Saru was why Ko had come to her? She'd leave it to that though unless specifically requested, and even then... only with the wardens. Hearing them say 'you may step back,' she took the order directly and did exactly that before returning to the Isawa only when she had leave to do so.

"Apologies for the interruption," she whispered softly.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:30 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:11 pm
Yuzuru nodded as the monk spoke, then the footsteps of the fourth were heard . . . but no voice added to the conversation.

"There is a question on the bear's origin, and to it's reason for being here, it's colouration, it's actions . . . a great deal things, but in the end it is still a bear and has already proven how dangerous it can be when provoked. We thank those that originally brought it to our attention as no further dangerous incidents have followed."

His fox looked up at him for a moment, before turning it's judgmental vulpine gaze on the four.

"I have already given leave for one of the Saru to investigate alongside my Wardens. If you can assure me you will not provoke the poor animal any further then I will allow you to investigate, but everything must be alongside the Wardens and any findings reported to me. Is that clear? If so, you may step back."

"And Bayushi-san, such silent treatment may be acceptable in Bayushi's Court, but here I prefer those that stand before me announce themselves. Hsieh-Hsieh may be able to see you, but he's never been good with human names."
"My apologies Honorable Consort. I heard my name being part of the conversation and I just approached." She gave a low bow. "I was taught to be quiet until addressed and so I have. Hsieh-Hsieh sama knows well." She bowed to the fox as well. "I am one who tried to approach the Bear's den for I wanted to see if it was indeed a Spirit of the Realm of Animals. As my studies on set realm have been well long..." She straighten. "It seemed in previous days that you and Honorable Lord Shiba have been busy with many court petitions that this one didn't mean to ask for such petty thing."

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:40 pm

Hsieh-Hsieh looked at Cat-Like Stealthy Stalker and made the faintest of growls. Barely audible, but Yuzuru obviously heard and reached down to scratch his ear.

"I don't consider the disturbed nature near my home to be a petty manner. Others may disagree, but you have leave to investigate now. Please make a prompt report when you have something."

A clear dismissal this time for those who knew the nascent courts of the Empire.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:53 pm

Sasori looked at the fox then nodded. She took her leave.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:50 am

Yuzuru wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:11 pm

Having heard the Consort's words, to them all and then to Sasori specifically, the Ki-rin took her head to the ground, her voice again showing clear appreciation for Yuzuru. "Clear as the Great River's waters, Yuzuru-heika. We'll be sure to respect the bear as it deserves, investigate only alongside your Wardens and readily report anything we discover. I hope this wild family - be they animals or spirits - find their peace soon. Thank you for your attention, your words and your permission to look into this, Yuzuru-heika."

She then raises her head slightly to see if Kawauso has anything to add, then steps back...
Status

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:28 am

"Thank you, Yuzuru-heika," the Lion said respectfully as she bowed and then stepped back. She didn't plan to leave, should there be any follow up on their proposal to the emperor, but she certainly knew when a powerful man was dismissing her and wasn't about to dawdle. She filters into the crowd a few rows back, just in case she's called again, but mostly staying as out of sight of the dais as possible.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:33 am

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:44 pm
She smiled a little, her head tilting. "Is that so? Well, I think we can look into the potential of the youngling without question. And, in doing this we can help to find her the kind of training that will help her blossom one way or another. Some seem to be more suited to the approach that the orders and the Saru take than the methods of a shugenja." She reached up and tapped her lips. "May I ask who this is?"
"One, but not both, of the daughters of Jiyo Sora. It is also possible she is a Void-talented person, but I am hoping you can figure that out easier than I can. Shirayuki, to be precise."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.