[D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Nozomi

Re: [D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:53 pm

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:48 pm
The nezumi has again found himself a nice corner to chew on sticks as he listens to the court proceedings.
Catching sight of the Nezumi and smiling a little, Nozomi rose and made her way around the edges of the proceedings, bowing over to the creature low and deferentially. Her daughter followed along, curiosity apparent in her gaze. "Good morning, friend nezumi," she said in tones that were no different than she would for any of the other samurai. "I hope the day finds you well. I am not interrupting you, am I?"
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:03 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:53 pm

Catching sight of the Nezumi and smiling a little, Nozomi rose and made her way around the edges of the proceedings, bowing over to the creature low and deferentially. Her daughter followed along, curiosity apparent in her gaze. "Good morning, friend nezumi," she said in tones that were no different than she would for any of the other samurai. "I hope the day finds you well. I am not interrupting you, am I?"
The Nezumi returns the bow, "Greeting friend have you had your rice today?"

Nezumi * Rememberer * Kwa-Thch * Tch'Tch
Niche: 3.5

Wears: Haori,Courtier's Cap, Tail Netsuke

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks
Bedroll: Imperial Gift, Blanket, Hankyu & Quiver

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:14 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:28 pm
*snip*
Shiba nodded, expression thoughtful. That sounds like an excellent opportunity. I will do my best to make it." He left Yuzuru to answer his own invitation as he wished, though he suspect he would also be interested.
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:23 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:46 pm
Hadananzi mused on that for a moment before answering. "I should like to wander a bit and consider the many forms of art to which we can expose young Makime-san. Perhaps each of our delegation could demonstrate a different form for her, if they feel so inclined. I am just so excited by the opportunity, dear sister, it threatens to consume my thoughts."
"I admire your excitement," she said giving him a sidelong look.

"My sister must be thrilled to have so passionate an artist at her side."
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:32 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:23 pm
"I admire your excitement," she said giving him a sidelong look.

"My sister must be thrilled to have so passionate an artist at her side."
"Ah, your sister is a work of art in and of herself. Would that I had more time to spend with her these past few days. I should set aside some time for that as well, perhaps after my art lesson with Makime-san."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:38 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:32 pm
"Ah, your sister is a work of art in and of herself. Would that I had more time to spend with her these past few days. I should set aside some time for that as well, perhaps after my art lesson with Makime-san."
“Then make the time, dear brother, whatever tasks you have that keep you busy can come second to my tending to my dear sister. At least for the short term,” Dojihime responded.

“No perhaps, dear brother, just do it or someone else will,” she added from behind her fan.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:41 pm

Shiba wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:14 pm
Shiba nodded, expression thoughtful. That sounds like an excellent opportunity. I will do my best to make it." He left Yuzuru to answer his own invitation as he wished, though he suspect he would also be interested.
"Thank you, honored Emperor," she beamed happily, and made sure to bow as well! Yuzuru couldn't see the smile, but he could certainly hear the cheer in her words.

She'd have to make sure that Hsieh-Hsieh would have a suitable snack for the event, if he would show up.

"I won't take up more of your time, so... let me wish you both continued bliss and a good day! Thank you!" Bow bow, wait to be dismissed, then she could move away again in case there were others wishing to approach the Emperor.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:57 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:38 pm
“Then make the time, dear brother, whatever tasks you have that keep you busy can come second to my tending to my dear sister. At least for the short term,” Dojihime responded.

“No perhaps, dear brother, just do it or someone else will,” she added from behind her fan.
"You are right, of course, dear sister. No excuses, time will be made for my wife no matter the business of the day. I certainly wouldn't want someone encroaching into a gap I'd left in ignorance. Tomorrow for certain." Hadananzi nodded once as if to affirm his statement further.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:15 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:57 pm
"You are right, of course, dear sister. No excuses, time will be made for my wife no matter the business of the day. I certainly wouldn't want someone encroaching into a gap I'd left in ignorance. Tomorrow for certain." Hadananzi nodded once as if to affirm his statement further.
She left her eyes on him for a moment before replying and looking at the chamber as a whole, "Good, I am sure she will appreciate it."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:41 pm

"Thank you, honored Emperor," she beamed happily, and made sure to bow as well! Yuzuru couldn't see the smile, but he could certainly hear the cheer in her words.

She'd have to make sure that Hsieh-Hsieh would have a suitable snack for the event, if he would show up.

"I won't take up more of your time, so... let me wish you both continued bliss and a good day! Thank you!" Bow bow, wait to be dismissed, then she could move away again in case there were others wishing to approach the Emperor.
Of course, Yatsufusa, which was observing from behind the scenes, nods at the princess' intervention. She had planned for this event, and possibly iy could bring more clarity to the issue of spiritual stability that is happening in the realms, beyond ningen-do.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:42 pm

Shiba wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:14 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:28 pm
*snip*
Mindful of their little chat some days before, Yuzuru tilted his head as he listened to Satsuki.

"We will make every effort, Satsuki."

Hsieh-Hsieh remained judgmental . . . and digesting his snack.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:15 pm

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:03 pm
The Nezumi returns the bow, "Greeting friend have you had your rice today?"
She blinked for just a second before remembering that that was a common gesture and chuckling softly. "I did in fact have rice today, though I tend to prefer millet most days." Her daughter tried very hard not to make a face at that. "They're both quite filling. And what of yourself? Have you had a good meal? I trust that the winter finds you well here at least."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:42 am

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:15 pm

She blinked for just a second before remembering that that was a common gesture and chuckling softly. "I did in fact have rice today, though I tend to prefer millet most days." Her daughter tried very hard not to make a face at that. "They're both quite filling. And what of yourself? Have you had a good meal? I trust that the winter finds you well here at least."
"Yes, I just came from a large meal, with many options, you man-persons know how to set a table"

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:18 am

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:42 am
"Yes, I just came from a large meal, with many options, you man-persons know how to set a table"
She definitely chuckled. "I believe that the Dragon were looking for an opportunity to impress others. I suspect that they managed that feat, and that quite a few showed off unexpected talents." Mayumi nodded vigorously in return. "Tell me, are you the only member of your people among us at the moment? I know we are far from your homelands right now."

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:25 am

Nozomi wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:18 am

She definitely chuckled. "I believe that the Dragon were looking for an opportunity to impress others. I suspect that they managed that feat, and that quite a few showed off unexpected talents." Mayumi nodded vigorously in return. "Tell me, are you the only member of your people among us at the moment? I know we are far from your homelands right now."
"I believe so, yes, I have not seen anyone else. I am the official representative of the chief of chiefs"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:33 am

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:25 am
"I believe so, yes, I have not seen anyone else. I am the official representative of the chief of chiefs"
"It is good that there is one present, even if you must be alone in the midst of the work. How have things been progressing in rebuilding to the far south? I have not been in some time." It was a good enough time to catch up. The closest she'd managed was Stag lands. The idea of venturing too close to the shadowlands always made her a bit nervous.

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:17 am

Nozomi wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:33 am

"It is good that there is one present, even if you must be alone in the midst of the work. How have things been progressing in rebuilding to the far south? I have not been in some time." It was a good enough time to catch up. The closest she'd managed was Stag lands. The idea of venturing too close to the shadowlands always made her a bit nervous.
"They have been very busy, though I have been away from home for some time, traveling th4e Empire"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:25 am

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:17 am

"They have been very busy, though I have been away from home for some time, traveling th4e Empire"
"It is taking time for both our peoples to know each other well," she said, nodding. "It's good to have some of your people traveling the empire right now. I remember well those who fought alongside us in the depths. I think the more that we make sure we get used to each other, the better our relationship will be."

Admittedly, she hadn't been keen on the subject of slavery when she'd picked up on it in their great city. But one thing at a time, and that wasn't something that was going to change tonight certainly.

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:07 am

Kuu had sat uninterrupted for the court, writing and putting Saru Yatsufusa's story to scroll. His calligraphy was impeccable and beautiful. The stylistic choices made in the text reflect the quality of the story itself. Overall, Kuu was quite pleased with what he had produced. He lets it dry as he sits and continues to observe...

----

D4 EA, Saru Yatsufusa's Story, Calligraphy, VP +1k1, Inheritance +1k1, 3 Raises -15: 8d10o10k5-15 32 (47 -15 for 3 raises)
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:44 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:55 pm
Gusai's single eye blinks rapidly--no, that one was a wink.

"Certainly there are some beauties that merit close, repeated attention," he says. "And each is to be appreciated as itself, whatever may or may not have happened before.

"Although it does not hurt to know how to approach such." His hands turn, palms up, and spread away from his torso.

A soft chuckle hidden by a smoothly opened fan, "Indeed. I assume careful navigation is key."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞