[D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Doji Tsubaki

Re: [D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:18 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:53 am
"You flatter me, this time," Gusai replies. "I've made no study of such arts, though I don't scorn them. But it is known that the Crane excel in them; I defer to expertise."

His smile quirks, and he adds "I imagine you are quite studied, yourself."
"I will admit poetry is not my forte though I can manage it passably when I must. I've always been drawn more to performance than to the more internal arts."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:02 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:18 pm
"I will admit poetry is not my forte though I can manage it passably when I must. I've always been drawn more to performance than to the more internal arts."
"There are many types of performance," Gusai notes. "Would there be a chance to see one from you while we are here? I cannot but think it would be a glorious thing."

His eye seems to gleam a bit at that.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:19 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:02 pm
"There are many types of performance," Gusai notes. "Would there be a chance to see one from you while we are here? I cannot but think it would be a glorious thing."

His eye seems to gleam a bit at that.
Another laugh from behind the fan, "I would say I am more a dabbler, I do not wish to raise false expectations, but I suppose something of the sort might be arranged."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:21 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:19 pm
Another laugh from behind the fan, "I would say I am more a dabbler, I do not wish to raise false expectations, but I suppose something of the sort might be arranged."
"There is much to be said for a breadth of experience," Gusai volleys back. "Sailing several courses gives the opportunity to see more of the beauty of the world, after all."
Otomo Gusai

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:51 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:21 pm
"There is much to be said for a breadth of experience," Gusai volleys back. "Sailing several courses gives the opportunity to see more of the beauty of the world, after all."
The fan reveals a coy smile, "Well I certainly would never disagree with an experienced sailor like yourself."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:55 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:51 pm
The fan reveals a coy smile, "Well I certainly would never disagree with an experienced sailor like yourself."
Gusai's single eye blinks rapidly--no, that one was a wink.

"Certainly there are some beauties that merit close, repeated attention," he says. "And each is to be appreciated as itself, whatever may or may not have happened before.

"Although it does not hurt to know how to approach such." His hands turn, palms up, and spread away from his torso.
Otomo Gusai

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:10 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:13 am
*snip*
"Interesting..." The Emperor rubbed his chin. "A point of debate I may wish to see the conclusion of. Thank you, Bayushi-san."
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:30 pm
As there didn't seem to be any one else approaching the Emperor now, Satsuki approached the dais of her two uncles and most honored vulpine-guardian, stopping to bow and await acknowledgement.

Even she knew that much on how to behave in court.
Shiba nodded with a warm smile to Satsuki. "Welcome, Togashi-san. I hope your father is doing well? What brings you before me?"
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:28 pm

Shiba wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:10 pm
Shiba nodded with a warm smile to Satsuki. "Welcome, Togashi-san. I hope your father is doing well? What brings you before me?"
Satsuki bowed once more as she was acknowledged to approach. "Honored Emperor, and honored Imperial Consort, and most esteemed vulpine protector; Hsieh-Hsieh. My father and mother were both in good health when I left home and asked me to offer their well-wishes for you both and all of the family."

"I wish to offer to you both and Hsieh-Hsieh-sama a personal invitation to a gathering I will be hosting with my kin in two days time; a forum for sharing and speaking about matters of the elements and theories surrounding the elemental magic practiced in your Empire, esteemed uncle. Still there is much wisdom and knowledge to be shared between the clans, with many traditions of the old tribes meeting eachother under the new banner of the clans - hopefully such an open debate will also allow us to remember the ways of the past that have shaped the many people in the Empire to who they are today."

Another bow. "It would be an honor to have your august presence with us, but we will understand if duty calls you elsewhere." There, polite opt-out provided as well. You didn't make demands of uncle Shiba, and not of uncle Yuzuru either!

---------

OOC: * = Day 6, Late Morning.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:36 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:51 pm
“Now, with the serious matter dealt with do catch me up on who is of interest to speak with and who I should avoid… and I value Honesty. I don’t wish to waste my time with dullards,” she said with a smirk from behind her fan.
"In all truth, I've not spoken to many since the courts began. Makime-san is the one who has received most of my available time, though there was a brief discussion on philosophy with a monk by the name of Kuu. I do not think you'd enjoy discourse with him, honestly."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:06 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:36 pm
"In all truth, I've not spoken to many since the courts began. Makime-san is the one who has received most of my available time, though there was a brief discussion on philosophy with a monk by the name of Kuu. I do not think you'd enjoy discourse with him, honestly."
Monks sounded dreadfully boring so she just nodded in agreement. She then added, "Well I suppose I had not missed as much as I thought. I did enjoy speaking with Jiyo Sora, he isn't what I expected but still about as father described. What did the monk have to say on philosophy?"
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:14 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:06 pm
Monks sounded dreadfully boring so she just nodded in agreement. She then added, "Well I suppose I had not missed as much as I thought. I did enjoy speaking with Jiyo Sora, he isn't what I expected but still about as father described. What did the monk have to say on philosophy?"
"He was from the Order of Heroes and spoke of inspiring heroism in others. It seems he believes that a hero can be anyone, and that the capacity for such can be inspired in others through witnessing heroic behavior. His definition of heroism was a bit strange, though, citing simple acts as being potentially heroic." Hadananzi shook his head slowly. "My head spins just thinking about the conversation."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:33 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:14 pm
"He was from the Order of Heroes and spoke of inspiring heroism in others. It seems he believes that a hero can be anyone, and that the capacity for such can be inspired in others through witnessing heroic behavior. His definition of heroism was a bit strange, though, citing simple acts as being potentially heroic." Hadananzi shook his head slowly. "My head spins just thinking about the conversation."
"I don't get it, even from that brief explanation," she said honestly.

"Perhaps they misconstrue being charitable and working towards good order as great acts of heroism when it is simply doing what makes for an ordered society. Who can say?"
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:42 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:33 pm
"I don't get it, even from that brief explanation," she said honestly.

"Perhaps they misconstrue being charitable and working towards good order as great acts of heroism when it is simply doing what makes for an ordered society. Who can say?"
"Indeed. What's more, this Kuu can evidently heat his body up to the point that he could melt snow around himself, but such techniques are restricted to those the order chooses to teach them to. There are any number of strange powers they might have at their disposal."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:49 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:42 pm
"Indeed. What's more, this Kuu can evidently heat his body up to the point that he could melt snow around himself, but such techniques are restricted to those the order chooses to teach them to. There are any number of strange powers they might have at their disposal."
"How... esoteric," she mused.

She teased, "If I didn't know better, brother, I would think you are jealous. The great Lord Hadananzi humbled by a a monk in the snow."

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:59 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:49 pm
"How... esoteric," she mused.

She teased, "If I didn't know better, brother, I would think you are jealous. The great Lord Hadananzi humbled by a a monk in the snow."
Hadananzi's smile grew wry at the little jab. "You wound me, dear sister, suggesting that my humility needed such a blow. I merely find it strange that the order professes anyone may be a hero but still restricts their greater knowledge from the masses. A necessary hypocrisy maybe?" He waved a hand idly. "But enough of that topic, yes? We could spend all winter trying and failing to understand the monks."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:11 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:59 pm
Hadananzi's smile grew wry at the little jab. "You wound me, dear sister, suggesting that my humility needed such a blow. I merely find it strange that the order professes anyone may be a hero but still restricts their greater knowledge from the masses. A necessary hypocrisy maybe?" He waved a hand idly. "But enough of that topic, yes? We could spend all winter trying and failing to understand the monks."
"Maybe you could, I think I would find better way to use my time, by doing anything else... even reading granary reports. Hypocrisy is rife through much of the Empire, why should monks be the exception?" she said from behind her fan.

"Knowledge is power and any with power seek to maintain it through any means, even when they profess otherwise. I do agree we have worked enough on that topic, have you a better suggestion dear brother or shall we wander until inspiration strikes us?"

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:46 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:11 am
"Maybe you could, I think I would find better way to use my time, by doing anything else... even reading granary reports. Hypocrisy is rife through much of the Empire, why should monks be the exception?" she said from behind her fan.

"Knowledge is power and any with power seek to maintain it through any means, even when they profess otherwise. I do agree we have worked enough on that topic, have you a better suggestion dear brother or shall we wander until inspiration strikes us?"
Hadananzi mused on that for a moment before answering. "I should like to wander a bit and consider the many forms of art to which we can expose young Makime-san. Perhaps each of our delegation could demonstrate a different form for her, if they feel so inclined. I am just so excited by the opportunity, dear sister, it threatens to consume my thoughts."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:48 pm

The nezumi has again found himself a nice corner to chew on sticks as he listens to the court proceedings.

Nezumi * Rememberer * Kwa-Thch * Tch'Tch
Niche: 3.5

Wears: Haori,Courtier's Cap, Tail Netsuke

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks
Bedroll: Imperial Gift, Blanket, Hankyu & Quiver

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:27 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:07 pm
She nodded. "It sounds like something that should be looked into."
"Should we be thinking about this bear being a shikigami?" Sasori pondered. "White being the color of death."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:27 pm
Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:07 pm
She nodded. "It sounds like something that should be looked into."
"Should we be thinking about this bear being a shikigami?" Sasori pondered. "White being the color of death."
"It is a possibility, but it would be impossible to know without investigating further." she gave a slight shrug. "I can speak to Hantei-sama about it."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen