[D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:00 am

Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:26 pm
Hsieh-Hsieh did allow the petting, as he was busy chomping down the treat and such proper treatment of Imperial Foxes deserved a reward.

"Currently I have the Nature Wardens of my family observing the bear. If the Saru wishes to help, he would be best suited to consult with them."
Kinsen nods, and replies, “I’ll convey that message to him. Thank you for the attention and I apologize for taking too much of your time — which I know that in court has to be well applied.”

After a bow, Kinsen wrinkles her nose once again to the cute fox and makes her way to...
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:30 pm
As there didn't seem to be any one else approaching the Emperor now, Satsuki approached the dais of her two uncles and most honored vulpine-guardian, stopping to bow and await acknowledgement.

Even she knew that much on how to behave in court.
... to get her jaw back in place, since it nearly drops to the ground when she lays eyes on her niece. Starry eyes sparkle and she can’t help but to open an enormous grin. So well behaved and with a beauty so intense, the Lady of the Stag can’t decide if she’s either proud... or jealous.

In any case, it struck as lightning. Quickly, Kinsen nods with a sweet gaze, and leaves the young girl to her affairs with her uncles.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:15 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:46 pm
"It is an honor then." The girl nodded and turned to Rei "Excellent.. I am studying the spiritual realms as a quest from my lord."
She bowed politely. "Do you have an interest in a particular realm, Bayushi-san?"
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:31 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:00 am
Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:26 pm
Hsieh-Hsieh did allow the petting, as he was busy chomping down the treat and such proper treatment of Imperial Foxes deserved a reward.

"Currently I have the Nature Wardens of my family observing the bear. If the Saru wishes to help, he would be best suited to consult with them."
Kinsen nods, and replies, “I’ll convey that message to him. Thank you for the attention and I apologize for taking too much of your time — which I know that in court has to be well applied.”

After a bow, Kinsen wrinkles her nose once again to the cute fox and makes her way to...
Yuzuru inclines his head.

"Thank you, Kinsen. Please ask him to convey any findings to myself or the Emperor."

Hsieh-Hsieh wiggled his nose back at the Stag and returned to his own place on the dais.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:34 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:58 pm
Kogi also approaches the Emperor and Consort (and Very Important Vulpine!) on their dais, waiting politely to be recognized after Dojihime.
Shiba nodded to the next in line. "Please step forward, Bayushi-san. What brings you before me?"
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:10 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:15 am
She bowed politely. "Do you have an interest in a particular realm, Bayushi-san?"
"I have studied a bit on Chikuchudo and has called to my attention Sakkaku. The bear incident yesterday made me think that might be a spirit not a typical bear."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:13 am

Shiba wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:34 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:58 pm
Kogi also approaches the Emperor and Consort (and Very Important Vulpine!) on their dais, waiting politely to be recognized after Dojihime.
Shiba nodded to the next in line. "Please step forward, Bayushi-san. What brings you before me?"
Kogi bows once more. "A lighter matter, Emperor. Since weather and wildlife still keep us confined here, the Scorpion have also assembled a small entertainment. It's a contest between the causes of Wine and Tea. The winner will be the party whose supporters are the most eloquent and clever in its defense." A very considerable amount of practice in front of her mirror enables Kogi to get through this explanation with the right degree of gentle humor, without coming off too shy or sheepish.

"We thought to give everyone an occasion to celebrate one another's skill with words, and enjoy the tea and sake brought from our lands this season."

Some of those supplies were, in theory, supposed to have been traded for a profit. But there are other stores of value besides trade goods--hopefully this social exchange will prove worthwhile in its own way.

"As this is Your house, of course we hope Your Majesty approves," Kogi concludes with a final bow, "and... perhaps that Your Highness or the Honored Consort will be interested in attending too? If other matters are not too pressing, of course."

She sneaks a glance at Yuzuru and the (now less hungry?) Hsieh-Hsieh. Fortunately Masato isn't around the court today.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:34 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:10 am
"I have studied a bit on Chikuchudo and has called to my attention Sakkaku. The bear incident yesterday made me think that might be a spirit not a typical bear."
"The bear? I heard there was an incident, but I do not know the details." she admitted. "What makes you think a spirit was involved."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:08 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:48 pm
"Has she now? What did she do that caught the attention of Genji-san?"
“More his mother at this point, she seemed overly keen on matching her son with a valued paramour. Crab seem advantageous for their political ties, and if we could bring them into the Bakufu would be a wonderfully powerful military component to the alliance alongside the Lion,” she said with a smile.

“Plus as Kinsen-obasan stated, she has all the right curves.”
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:37 am

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:08 am
“More his mother at this point, she seemed overly keen on matching her son with a valued paramour. Crab seem advantageous for their political ties, and if we could bring them into the Bakufu would be a wonderfully powerful military component to the alliance alongside the Lion,” she said with a smile.

“Plus as Kinsen-obasan stated, she has all the right curves.”
"Ah, I see. Yes, his mother does have quite the eye for quality doesn't she? I can see your reasoning in regards to the Bakufu as well. Tying the Crab to the Stag would be almost as beneficial as bonding them to the Crane, and we'll want powerful allies to see our ways adopted across the greater empire as a whole. A beautiful plan dear sister."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:17 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:37 am
"Ah, I see. Yes, his mother does have quite the eye for quality doesn't she? I can see your reasoning in regards to the Bakufu as well. Tying the Crab to the Stag would be almost as beneficial as bonding them to the Crane, and we'll want powerful allies to see our ways adopted across the greater empire as a whole. A beautiful plan dear sister."
"Of course," she replied to her brother.

"The real trick is to get Genji-kun to go along with the plan," she said with a mischievous smirk.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:53 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:17 am
"Of course," she replied to her brother.

"The real trick is to get Genji-kun to go along with the plan," she said with a mischievous smirk.
"I am certain Genji-san can be brought around, especially if what you say about these curves proves correct." Hadananzi added his own mischief to the current round of smirking.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:53 pm
"I am certain Genji-san can be brought around, especially if what you say about these curves proves correct." Hadananzi added his own mischief to the current round of smirking.
“She has something, not my first choice but I see the political strengths of the match and the aesthetic is there as well. But I think Genji-kun needs a more physical woman to keep pace with him, so she seems the best choice of those present short of the monstrous Spider woman though I have not seen them as of late,” she responded.

“Speaking thereof, do try and bring my loving sister to the play, if she wishes to stay out of sight that is acceptable, but it would be good for the Crane to show solidarity during the play. Especially if Honored Uncle deigns to appear.”

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:23 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:00 pm
“She has something, not my first choice but I see the political strengths of the match and the aesthetic is there as well. But I think Genji-kun needs a more physical woman to keep pace with him, so she seems the best choice of those present short of the monstrous Spider woman though I have not seen them as of late,” she responded.

“Speaking thereof, do try and bring my loving sister to the play, if she wishes to stay out of sight that is acceptable, but it would be good for the Crane to show solidarity during the play. Especially if Honored Uncle deigns to appear.”
"I will do my best to see that my darling wife attends the play. I am certain the retelling of the story will bephenomenal, and you are correct; solidarity in this time is of the utmost importance, as it is at all times. I will speak to your sister on this matter."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:48 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:34 am

"The bear? I heard there was an incident, but I do not know the details." she admitted. "What makes you think a spirit was involved."
"The color of the bear, it was white. White bears are very very rare here." She looked at the Consort then back to Rei. "I think I have heard stories of animal crossing from realm to realm."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:51 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:23 pm
"I will do my best to see that my darling wife attends the play. I am certain the retelling of the story will bephenomenal, and you are correct; solidarity in this time is of the utmost importance, as it is at all times. I will speak to your sister on this matter."
“Now, with the serious matter dealt with do catch me up on who is of interest to speak with and who I should avoid… and I value Honesty. I don’t wish to waste my time with dullards,” she said with a smirk from behind her fan.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:51 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:48 pm
"The color of the bear, it was white. White bears are very very rare here." She looked at the Consort then back to Rei. "I think I have heard stories of animal crossing from realm to realm."
"That is true." she nodded. "Was there anything else unusual?"

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:58 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:51 pm

"That is true." she nodded. "Was there anything else unusual?"
"My guess the bodies of the people... but maybe we should talk to Lady Hantei who was there." She sighed. "I am curious about it."

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:58 pm
"My guess the bodies of the people... but maybe we should talk to Lady Hantei who was there." She sighed. "I am curious about it."
She nodded. "It sounds like something that should be looked into."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Kakita tilted his head a bit before offering what he could, “I know of some beings who reside… partially in Sakkaku who can bounce back and forth between our realm… but I do not think they would have any interest here or be located anywhere near… and I know of no connection with white bears.”

His mind drifted to the crow that he had seen in the dojo.

Well besides that one…
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:14 pm

Late, but as always, Yatsufusa arrived to the court. He had been exploring the beyond, piercing the veil of existence, and had found that there would be an important event soon in the imperial court. He was not so sure what was it, but it was probably for the best to observe for now.

Perhaps the Emperor or the Imperial Consort were to say something, Yatsu could not know. The void was difficult to interpret and even the wisest of sages would be wrong to try.

He observes the court for now.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox