[D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Otomo Gusai

Re: [D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:44 pm
A soft chuckle hidden by a smoothly opened fan, "Indeed. I assume careful navigation is key."
"True in many things," Gusai replies. "A sailor is lucky to have a chart to read, of course, but having stars to follow at night work far better."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:24 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:25 am

"It is taking time for both our peoples to know each other well," she said, nodding. "It's good to have some of your people traveling the empire right now.
" I am memberer, I have not smelled the memories of that battle, it is good other member them and I look forward to membering it later. My job is to explore the empire, and share those memories with all our people."

Nezumi * Rememberer * Kwa-Thch * Tch'Tch
Niche: 3.5

Wears: Haori,Courtier's Cap, Tail Netsuke

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks
Bedroll: Imperial Gift, Blanket, Hankyu & Quiver

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:37 pm

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:24 pm
" I am memberer, I have not smelled the memories of that battle, it is good other member them and I look forward to membering it later. My job is to explore the empire, and share those memories with all our people."
"I vaguely remember the term from when I was in your cities last. You are ... something close to historians, yes? The ones who carry the memories of the Nezumi," she hazarded, considering how to put this. "I think it's good. The more that they remember, the more easily we will all be able to get along as time goes."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:25 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:37 pm

"I vaguely remember the term from when I was in your cities last. You are ... something close to historians, yes? The ones who carry the memories of the Nezumi," she hazarded, considering how to put this. "I think it's good. The more that they remember, the more easily we will all be able to get along as time goes."
"All Nezumi can member what they personally witness, but Memberers job is to record memories so that nezumi can share the knowledge of the past"

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:52 pm

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:25 pm
"All Nezumi can member what they personally witness, but Memberers job is to record memories so that nezumi can share the knowledge of the past"
"Yes, yes. That's what I recalled. That would be what we call a Historian or Scribe. The role is that of one who ensures the preservation of that history for the people who come afterwards." She nodded, resting a hand on her knee as the two of them talked. "I vaguely recall... uh... you use sticks, right? It isn't a way we can communicate. I remember that."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:31 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:52 pm

"Yes, yes. That's what I recalled. That would be what we call a Historian or Scribe. The role is that of one who ensures the preservation of that history for the people who come afterwards." She nodded, resting a hand on her knee as the two of them talked. "I vaguely recall... uh... you use sticks, right? It isn't a way we can communicate. I remember that."

"Yes we carve memories into sticks and add layers of smell to help open the mind to those memories"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:25 pm

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:31 pm
"Yes we carve memories into sticks and add layers of smell to help open the mind to those memories"
"It's a fascinating practice" if a teensy bit revolting to human pallets. "Though scent has memory to it, it doesn't carry the same power that it does for us. Then again, our noses aren't quite as attuned as your people's are, so that would make sense."

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:47 am

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:25 pm

"It's a fascinating practice" if a teensy bit revolting to human pallets. "Though scent has memory to it, it doesn't carry the same power that it does for us. Then again, our noses aren't quite as attuned as your people's are, so that would make sense."
He nods quickly, "And I believe man-man have better eyes the Nezumi"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:55 pm

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:47 am
He nods quickly, "And I believe man-man have better eyes the Nezumi"
"I believe you are correct. Normally, at least in the daylight, we see better. During the nightfall, our eyes have to acclimate, so I want to say that the Nezumi tend to fare somewhat better, though your people are not actually nocturnal." She smiled to herself. "The differences... interest me."

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:20 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:55 pm

"I believe you are correct. Normally, at least in the daylight, we see better. During the nightfall, our eyes have to acclimate, so I want to say that the Nezumi tend to fare somewhat better, though your people are not actually nocturnal." She smiled to herself. "The differences... interest me."
"We see the same no matter the light, maybe slightly worse in bright light, but it no matter because we" he touches his nose "Smell the same no matter the light, and that is the sense we use most to detect things"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:44 pm

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:20 pm
"We see the same no matter the light, maybe slightly worse in bright light, but it no matter because we" he touches his nose "Smell the same no matter the light, and that is the sense we use most to detect things"
"The only real danger is in awareness of the surroundings, I'd imagine. But your eyesight is not that troubled there. I remember Chk'Mat and the Chief. They had little trouble in the daylight." They did much better at night, though. "So, then. Are there any other rememberers traveling among the Imperial lands? Helping to bring memories back to your people, or are you the first and only so far?"

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:02 am

Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:44 pm

"The only real danger is in awareness of the surroundings, I'd imagine. But your eyesight is not that troubled there. I remember Chk'Mat and the Chief. They had little trouble in the daylight." They did much better at night, though. "So, then. Are there any other rememberers traveling among the Imperial lands? Helping to bring memories back to your people, or are you the first and only so far?"
" I am not aware of any others, but I would not doubt that more are being sent, or will be soon"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:35 pm

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:02 am
Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:44 pm

" I am not aware of any others, but I would not doubt that more are being sent, or will be soon"
"Perhaps we will have the chance to meet one day. For now," she said, giving him a small bow and a smile. "I should be on my way. It was good to speak."