[D3 EA] Consort's Court Part One

Saru Takurou

Re: [D3 EA] Consort's Court Part One

Post by Saru Takurou » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:43 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:46 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:26 pm
"I'm glad to meet you too." he said with a polite bow. "I wish to represent the Saru to the best of my abilities."

Takurou tried to remain as formal as possible, although Nozomi seemed to be a friend or acquaintance of Satsuki, but the fear of sullying the Saru's name made him seem very stiff.

However, he listened intently to the story of the bear that was apparently causing trouble. His nightmare came back to his mind.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:38 pm
"Why do you think a white bear might have appeared so close to where people live? Bears usually are shy creatures, rarely making their dens near where humans live."
"Maybe she was scared, Stasu,... uhm,.. uhm,.. uh Togashi-sama" he said cautiously
Dragon Clan • Cook • Happy? • Sociable

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:59 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:43 am
“It is a pleasure to be in the presence of the heir of the Makime, and always a delight to spend time with Genji-kun, every time I see him he sprouts taller and taller and becomes more and more of his honored father. This one is Doji Dojihime, daughter of Doji and Nanzi,” she said kindly.

“I pray that honored grandmother shines her blessings on you both.”

She added to Genji, “I would be elated to join my handsome cousin and beautiful Lion in pleasant conversation.”
Ayano smiled, "Of course Doji-sama, if Hantei-sama wishes it as well. May I ask if you had helped in the planning for the wedding? It was a beautiful ceremony."
Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:12 am
"Neh, we're practically the same height Dojihime-chan." He smiled fondly at his cousin. "Makime-san were just discussing the turn of events here. It seems we are invited not only to the nuptials, at this rate. Congratulations to your family, by the way, cousin."
"Or more specifically the snows have forced an improvisation it sees," Ayano added to his statement, "It is interesting to see the how quickly the various delegates have managed to assemble some entertainment for the court. And to see what things might be of value to the various clans."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:54 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 am
"The unseasonable snow is the only explanation I have. While we expect winter snows, we didn't expect what we've seen," Nozomi said, frowning. "The beast was quite natural, if abnormally powerful and large in stature, not to mention white. I suspect it became displaced by the snow and sought out some form of shelter to winter in, though I am just as concerned about the snow itself. The Imperial Consort is right to be concerned in this. Something else is at work. I am sure of it. What, though, only the spirits know."
Saru Takurou wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:43 pm
"Maybe she was scared, Stasu,... uhm,.. uhm,.. uh Togashi-sama" he said cautiously
Satsuki nodded thoughtfully. "Mm, it's possible something scared her, yes. It's probably possible to wake a hibernating bear, and then for something to scare her so much that she lashed out like she did."

She glanced between the two, but ended up focusing on Takurou. "Is something on your mind, friend? You can always speak freely with me."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:26 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:31 am
Gusai smiles.

"I've not had the pleasure of meeting Bayushi-no-kami. But I wonder, does your mother's daughter share her talents? And what others does she possess, shared or not?"
"I do... as well as the climbing trees and running and even an ocasional swim." She smiled. "As for other talents I like to fold paper and well forage for herbs."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:29 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:26 pm
"I do... as well as the climbing trees and running and even an ocasional swim." She smiled. "As for other talents I like to fold paper and well forage for herbs."
"A swim's a useful thing," Gusai agrees, "as is climbing. Foraging, too--what kinds of herbs do you tend to seek?" he asks, working to draw her out.

Troublesome as redheads may be, Gusai does like trouble.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:29 pm

"A swim's a useful thing," Gusai agrees, "as is climbing. Foraging, too--what kinds of herbs do you tend to seek?" he asks, working to draw her out.

Troublesome as redheads may be, Gusai does like trouble.
"Medical herbs, Otomo sama. I practice a bit of medicine as well." She gave a slight nod. "I do have many talents..." The girl smiled.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:52 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:48 pm
"Medical herbs, Otomo sama. I practice a bit of medicine as well." She gave a slight nod. "I do have many talents..." The girl smiled.
Gusai smiles again in reply.

"I should love to explore them with you. It's always a pleasure to learn more, after all."

Yeah, that was a wink, even if he only has the one eye.

Then he adds "Will I see you tomorrow at the sumai? I do hope so."
Otomo Gusai

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:58 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:54 pm
Saru Takurou wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:43 pm
-snip-
-snip-
"You might be right. If the beast was spooked awake, she might still be alert and awake until there is enough time for it to calm. Which, naturally asks the question of what spooked it." She gave the Saru a reassuring nod. The nerves he showed didn't get a single reaction and both she and Mayumi simply smiled over at him. They had both had their share of experiences not feeling 'in place' around here. It was court, the realm of people like Tsubaki, not theirs. So they definitely understood the feeling of nerves here.

She relaxed back, seeing that she had not yet been summoned, and figuring it might happen at some point, or that she could handle the arrangements quietly in the background. She'd need to mention it to Kuu sometime today. "I am grateful that no further blood had to be shed, though. If the people of the town can be kept safe, I consider that alone a victory."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:13 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:52 pm

Gusai smiles again in reply.

"I should love to explore them with you. It's always a pleasure to learn more, after all."

Yeah, that was a wink, even if he only has the one eye.

Then he adds "Will I see you tomorrow at the sumai? I do hope so."
"Would you want me to go? I..." Sasori took out her fan and opening it. "I am honored, Otomo sama." She smiled. "Should I prepare bandages and cold water?"

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:58 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:13 pm
"Would you want me to go? I..." Sasori took out her fan and opening it. "I am honored, Otomo sama." She smiled. "Should I prepare bandages and cold water?"
That elicits a small chuckle that Gusai stifles after a moment.

"Such might be helpful, yes," he says. "Both for the matches and after."

And after, if you like that kind of thing, he thinks--but that much, he does not say.
Otomo Gusai

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:32 pm

"The Crane value the Stag and Lion, highly. Perhaps we can reinforce such fidelity and friendship in the coming days," Dojihime offered.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:24 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:32 pm
"The Crane value the Stag and Lion, highly. Perhaps we can reinforce such fidelity and friendship in the coming days," Dojihime offered.
Ayano smiled at that, "Actually I was hoping to discuss such a thing as well. Though the Lion has only a small shared border with the Crane and none with the Stag, Lord Akodo still has a strong connection with his brother Lord Hantei. I am given to the understanding that they and Lady Doji were close in the Heavens."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:26 pm

"Borders change, but Honor and Fidelity can be eternal, it is the wish of the Crane to be as friends with our Lion cousins, and in so doing bring them closer to the Stag as well," she offers.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:16 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:58 pm

That elicits a small chuckle that Gusai stifles after a moment.

"Such might be helpful, yes," he says. "Both for the matches and after."

And after, if you like that kind of thing, he thinks--but that much, he does not say.
"Very well then I will be there. But don't expect me to fight in the ring. I am a delicate kitten, nya" She giggled from behind her fan.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:22 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:16 pm
"Very well then I will be there. But don't expect me to fight in the ring. I am a delicate kitten, nya" She giggled from behind her fan.
"I will be pleased--but I have no doubt of your prowess!"

The giggle is cute, he thinks. And I wonder what it would take to get that kitten purring.
Otomo Gusai

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:40 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:50 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:37 am
"Bayushi Kogi." The woman in red returns a bow of her own. "I did, yes. It was quite brave of you to carry on in spite of of the weather blowing us all away from your nest." The edge of the half-open folding fan in her hand describes a soft circle to punctuate this thought. "All the more reason for warming drinks, of course."
Tsubaki halfheartedly waves away the compliment, "Oh I wouldn't call it brave. If one says they will do something then they must do it - I could not let the weather, no matter how foul, stand in the way. Though I do hope many of the guests will take the time to visit and enjoy the Camellia House properly."
((Ah, sorry! I didn't realized I missed this one last round of replies :oops: ))

"There's always more than one way to fulfill a promise." A slight chuckle ripples the veil over Kogi's nose and chin.

"I would like to visit your place before I leave the capital, yes. On some warmer day than yesterday," she adds, wryly. "It sounds something like the inns you can find in my lord's castle town and a few other towns south of the mountains, but those places all serve wine, not tea. An interesting variation."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:59 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:40 am
((Ah, sorry! I didn't realized I missed this one last round of replies :oops: ))

"There's always more than one way to fulfill a promise." A slight chuckle ripples the veil over Kogi's nose and chin.

"I would like to visit your place before I leave the capital, yes. On some warmer day than yesterday," she adds, wryly. "It sounds something like the inns you can find in my lord's castle town and a few other towns south of the mountains, but those places all serve wine, not tea. An interesting variation."
Tsubaki smiles and nods, "Indeed. I was seeking a way to help spread art and culture and, while sake has its use, too much dulls the mind and makes it less respectful to such things. Tea was a way around that... plus a personal passion."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:28 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:59 am
Tsubaki smiles and nods, "Indeed. I was seeking a way to help spread art and culture and, while sake has its use, too much dulls the mind and makes it less respectful to such things. Tea was a way around that... plus a personal passion."
"Some might say that just enough wine makes people more receptive to the arts. And that too much tea has its own dangers." While half of Kogi's face is hidden, making it comparatively difficult to read her expressions, her voice doesn't convey too much seriousness here.

"Both have their place. But tea is worth being passionate about, I have to agree." She cocks her head slightly, tilting the half-closed fan in counterpoise. "How did you become interested in the craft?"
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:45 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:28 am
"Some might say that just enough wine makes people more receptive to the arts. And that too much tea has its own dangers." While half of Kogi's face is hidden, making it comparatively difficult to read her expressions, her voice doesn't convey too much seriousness here.

"Both have their place. But tea is worth being passionate about, I have to agree." She cocks her head slightly, tilting the half-closed fan in counterpoise. "How did you become interested in the craft?"
"As a younger woman, before I joined the Crane, I trained under the wise woman of our village. I never really did get the hang of medicine but my knowledge of herbs and teas surpassed even her in the end."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:01 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:45 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:28 am

"As a younger woman, before I joined the Crane, I trained under the wise woman of our village. I never really did get the hang of medicine but my knowledge of herbs and teas surpassed even her in the end."
Kogi nods. "Between food and medicine the line is rather fine, when it's there at all. Tea especially." After a moment, she adds, a bit wry, "Although a good hand with a tea whisk is not much help in surgery, unfortunately."

She spreads the fingers of her empty left hand palm-up, flexing them with a reflective air. "I learned to pick and roast tea as a little one. We just grew enough for our own use and a very little bit of trade in those days. But since my lord Bayushi secured the mountain roads, there seems to be a new plantation sprouting up on every hillside, almost."
是藥三分毒