[D3 EA] Consort's Court Part One

Doji Hikaru

Re: [D3 EA] Consort's Court Part One

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:12 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:59 pm
"For a spirit to remain after death? No, not common." she shook her head. "But, as you say, many people die, countless people over countless years. That leaves more spirits than one might expect."
Hikaru's eyebrows went up the slightest bit, and he smiled gently. "In fact, I have no idea what to expect. For all I know, we are surrounded by harmless spirits right now." His forehead creased, and he surreptitiously glanced around, as though suspecting a spirit of sneaking up on him.

Clearing his throat, he turned back to Rei. "If a spirit was... troubling someone..." He frowned deeply, uncertain of what exactly to say. "... how would you know? I mean, what would be the outward signs that someone like me might recognize?"
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:22 pm

"We're safe. I checked. Well, I checked the garden, as there is something I'm considering doing. I'm sure the rest of the castle is safe." she shrugged. "You might hear inexplicable noises, like a whispering when no one else is around. You could feel a sudden chill. You might see bits of light floating in the air. Objects might move on their own. Perhaps you feel unexpectedly tired. There are many potential signs."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:45 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:22 pm
"We're safe. I checked. Well, I checked the garden, as there is something I'm considering doing. I'm sure the rest of the castle is safe." she shrugged. "You might hear inexplicable noises, like a whispering when no one else is around. You could feel a sudden chill. You might see bits of light floating in the air. Objects might move on their own. Perhaps you feel unexpectedly tired. There are many potential signs."
Hikaru smiled, just a little. "Thank you, Ryoshun-sama." He said, bowing to her.

He pursed his lips, considering. "Do they ever make a person act strangely?"
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:29 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:45 pm

Hikaru smiled, just a little. "Thank you, Ryoshun-sama." He said, bowing to her.

He pursed his lips, considering. "Do they ever make a person act strangely?"
"Hai." she nodded. "They can. Have you experienced anything unusual, Doji-san?"
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:38 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:29 am
"Hai." she nodded. "They can. Have you experienced anything unusual, Doji-san?"
"Not me. Another." Hikaru's lips pressed tightly together a moment, and then he smiled. "Perhaps we might speak on the subject, Ryoshun-sama? I don't wish to discuss another's ailment in a public place."

He inclined his head. "Instead, as a Crane, I feel I would be remiss if I did not ask if you had other interests. The arts, or music, perhaps?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:43 am

She nodded. "Whenever you wish, we can speak of it further. As for interests, I like to build. I sculpt as well, but there is something about larger structures and the intricacies that hold them together that appeals to me."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:33 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:43 am
She nodded. "Whenever you wish, we can speak of it further. As for interests, I like to build. I sculpt as well, but there is something about larger structures and the intricacies that hold them together that appeals to me."
"Perhaps tomorrow, if you're available? And my old friend as well." Hikaru gave a brief bow.

Straightening, he offered her a brief smile. "Build? As in architecture? I've studied a bit of that. If only Doji Kakuro had been able to attend. Architecture is his specialty. Have you had the honor of meeting him, perchance?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:40 am

She shook her head. "I do not believe so. I haven't traveled far beyond Bat lands, other than to visit the Dragon and the Ki-Rin. Hopefully I can meet him in the future."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:58 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:33 pm
"Yes and no... I am researching the realms of the spirits part of what had lead me here." She nodded. "I learned about animals and spirits from my parents..." She looked towards the carvings. "That is quite interesting Mother told me about a carving man I think he was from the Hikaru tribe."
"May I ask, then," Gusai says, "who your esteemed mother is? I do not know the O-iemoto myself, but some of his students are friends, and they might be interested in learning of such a person."

His eye glances about, taking in the scene--and he does note the exchange and a strange hand-sign at the dais.

Wonder what that's all about, he thinks.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:04 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:58 am
"May I ask, then," Gusai says, "who your esteemed mother is? I do not know the O-iemoto myself, but some of his students are friends, and they might be interested in learning of such a person."

His eye glances about, taking in the scene--and he does note the exchange and a strange hand-sign at the dais.

Wonder what that's all about, he thinks.
Sasori shook her head. "My apologies Otomo sama it was a Carver from the Seppun tribes. My mother's former name was Ikara from the Chinsei tribe. She became Bayushi no Kami's cat." She shook her head again "She isn't a glorious woman but well she is still around."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:11 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:04 am
Sasori shook her head. "My apologies Otomo sama it was a Carver from the Seppun tribes. My mother's former name was Ikara from the Chinsei tribe. She became Bayushi no Kami's cat." She shook her head again "She isn't a glorious woman but well she is still around."
"Beg pardon," Gusai apologizes in turn. "His cat? Is that some...title, or more literal?"

The eyebrow over his eyepatch rises quizzically.

"As to the carver, that's likely the O-iemoto, then," he adds.
Otomo Gusai

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:38 pm
Satsuki quietly paid attention to the exchange between Sora and Yuzuru. "A white bear... in the middle of winter. It almost sounds like a story my mother has told before. I remember the one about the white bear-king, but he could talk."

She pondered asking Ko when she felt better if they could go investigate closer.

"Why do you think a white bear might have appeared so close to where people live? Bears usually are shy creatures, rarely making their dens near where humans live."
"The unseasonable snow is the only explanation I have. While we expect winter snows, we didn't expect what we've seen," Nozomi said, frowning. "The beast was quite natural, if abnormally powerful and large in stature, not to mention white. I suspect it became displaced by the snow and sought out some form of shelter to winter in, though I am just as concerned about the snow itself. The Imperial Consort is right to be concerned in this. Something else is at work. I am sure of it. What, though, only the spirits know."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:51 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:13 am
Tsubaki once more circulated and made her rounds after offering a proper greeting to the Consort.

(Interactions welcome, PM or quote if approaching)
A figure in red from nose to toes quietly appears at Tsubaki's elbow. "Doji-san... you are the one whose lovely tea we were drinking yesterday morning, aren't you?" The voice is neither high nor low, soft nor harsh, but the veiled woman's eyes glance over at Tsubaki amicably.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:23 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:51 am
A figure in red from nose to toes quietly appears at Tsubaki's elbow. "Doji-san... you are the one whose lovely tea we were drinking yesterday morning, aren't you?" The voice is neither high nor low, soft nor harsh, but the veiled woman's eyes glance over at Tsubaki amicably.
The Crane's turn towards the Scorpion and polite bow merge into one smooth gesture, "Ah, yes, that would be correct. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it. This one is Doji Tsubaki."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:37 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:23 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:51 am
The Crane's turn towards the Scorpion and polite bow merge into one smooth gesture, "Ah, yes, that would be correct. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it. This one is Doji Tsubaki."
"Bayushi Kogi." The woman in red returns a bow of her own. "I did, yes. It was quite brave of you to carry on in spite of of the weather blowing us all away from your nest." The edge of the half-open folding fan in her hand describes a soft circle to punctuate this thought. "All the more reason for warming drinks, of course."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:50 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:37 am
"Bayushi Kogi." The woman in red returns a bow of her own. "I did, yes. It was quite brave of you to carry on in spite of of the weather blowing us all away from your nest." The edge of the half-open folding fan in her hand describes a soft circle to punctuate this thought. "All the more reason for warming drinks, of course."
Tsubaki halfheartedly waves away the compliment, "Oh I wouldn't call it brave. If one says they will do something then they must do it - I could not let the weather, no matter how foul, stand in the way. Though I do hope many of the guests will take the time to visit and enjoy the Camellia House properly."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:43 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:34 pm
Ayano like wise spotted the Crane. She smiled and would introduce herself after Genji made his own. Time being what it was the intro is going here:

"Ayano of the Makime," She studied the Crane who had the sort of beauty and strange ethereal quality that spoke of divine blood. "Senior Lion envoy, Daughter and Heir of the Lady Makime." She bowed as appropriate.
“It is a pleasure to be in the presence of the heir of the Makime, and always a delight to spend time with Genji-kun, every time I see him he sprouts taller and taller and becomes more and more of his honored father. This one is Doji Dojihime, daughter of Doji and Nanzi,” she said kindly.

“I pray that honored grandmother shines her blessings on you both.”

She added to Genji, “I would be elated to join my handsome cousin and beautiful Lion in pleasant conversation.”
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:01 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:11 am

"Beg pardon," Gusai apologizes in turn. "His cat? Is that some...title, or more literal?"

The eyebrow over his eyepatch rises quizzically.

"As to the carver, that's likely the O-iemoto, then," he adds.
Sasori smiled. "A title, Lord Bayushi no kami is a mysterious man. To him mother was as stealthy as a cat." Sasori shrugged.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:12 am

"Neh, we're practically the same height Dojihime-chan." He smiled fondly at his cousin. "Makime-san were just discussing the turn of events here. It seems we are invited not only to the nuptials, at this rate. Congratulations to your family, by the way, cousin."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:31 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:01 am
Sasori smiled. "A title, Lord Bayushi no kami is a mysterious man. To him mother was as stealthy as a cat." Sasori shrugged.
Gusai smiles.

"I've not had the pleasure of meeting Bayushi-no-kami. But I wonder, does your mother's daughter share her talents? And what others does she possess, shared or not?"
Otomo Gusai