[D3 EA] Consort's Court Part One

Saru Takurou

Re: [D3 EA] Consort's Court Part One

Post by Saru Takurou » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:16 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:05 am
Another Dragon was present. He wore a simple Kimono and looked a bit nervous. He tried to keep near the only person in the room he knew he could trust.
Dragon Clan • Cook • Happy? • Sociable

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:26 am

Gusai, dressed well and his player returned from vacation, bows into the room. His one eye scans about, looking for someone to approach.

Time to scan the horizon for the new weather, he thinks.

(Wanna talk to the Pirate Stag? PM, please, so I don't lose it; I'm still catching up!)
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:35 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:46 am
"Good morning, Doji-san." she returned the bow. "I hope your day has been pleasing so far. I am indeed Ryoshun Rei."
"Pleasing enough." Hikaru said politely. Actually, it had been very troubling, but one hardly brought that up in court. "And yours?"

After waiting for a reply, he went on. "Kakita-san spoke well of you, both you in particular and the Bat more generally. I am pleased he has found a home that suits him."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:51 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:19 am
Ayano was present for court in her silken attire. But for now seemed content to not approach anyone directly.
The Lioness had no such luck, as Genji arrived, whose player did not totally miss the court thread over the last 48 hours.

"Makime-san, greetings." he bowed to her appropriately. "How have you been since we last spoke?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:12 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:35 am
[

"Pleasing enough." Hikaru said politely. Actually, it had been very troubling, but one hardly brought that up in court. "And yours?"

After waiting for a reply, he went on. "Kakita-san spoke well of you, both you in particular and the Bat more generally. I am pleased he has found a home that suits him."
"It has been nice so far." she nodded. "We are grateful to have a man of Kakita-san's character and skill among us. I am pleased that he has reconnected with old acquainteces."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:18 pm

Ayumu had overheard some servants betting about today's court. Would anyone ridicule themselves by blatantly forgetting about Yuzuru's blindness, like waving a document before his eyes to support their claim, and if so, of which faction would be the fool? This kind of event had happened in the past, and with so many guests today, chances were in favor of it happening again.

Ayumu hadn't bet, yet this conversation had swayed his mind toward scanning the crowd for anyone wearing or carrying a visually impressive item that would be pretty much irrelevant to get the Consort's attention... Though they were still sending a message to all other attendees.
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:22 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:12 pm
"It has been nice so far." she nodded. "We are grateful to have a man of Kakita-san's character and skill among us. I am pleased that he has reconnected with old acquainteces."
"Yes. He is a good man. And very driven." Hikaru took a deep breath. "We had thought he was dead. It was a surprise to see him again."

He cleared his throat. "Would you tell me about life in Bat lands? I have travelled to many parts of Rokugan, but never there."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:26 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:23 am
Sora smiled and waved back to Satsuki, before advancing to the front of the dais and awaiting acknowledgment.

From the fox.
Hsieh-Hsieh matched glares with the veteran of the South before thumping his tail.

"Grr, grrrrrr yip, YIP."

The fox then grinned as Yuzuru shook his head slightly.

"Old friend you need to moderate your language in Court. Sora-san, it is good to hear from our most loyal followers. What do you have for me today?"
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:43 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:26 pm
Hsieh-Hsieh matched glares with the veteran of the South before thumping his tail.

"Grr, grrrrrr yip, YIP."

The fox then grinned as Yuzuru shook his head slightly.

"Old friend you need to moderate your language in Court. Sora-san, it is good to hear from our most loyal followers. What do you have for me today?"
"Yuzuru-sama, I will do my best to be brief. Earlier this morning, a small party went out to investigate the disappearance of some of the Emperor's subjects. We unfortuntately must report that those who went missing have run afoul of a rather large bear."

He paused.

"We had intended to slay the creature, but rather than a hungry predator seeking to hunt humans down, it proved to be a mother with three cubs. Akodo Kawauso-san and Hantei Kinsen-san managed to calm her enough to prevent a fight breaking out while we assessed the situation. Steps have already been taken to warn the people to stay out of the area where the bear is denned, including the posting of guards. None of this would merit mention in court, save that... I believe that provision should be made for those who have last family members to this animal. The Order of Heroes has expressed a willingness to care for any children who have been orphaned by this matter, but that does little for others who have been bereaved, and who might not understand the circumstances clearly."

He cleared his throat.

"The animal will likely move on as soon as she is able, but in the meantime, retrieving the remains of those she has slain for proper burial will prove difficult. I hope that we might find some shugenja to offer prayers for the departed, and, if possible, someone who could calm or commune with the bear to urge her to find a safer haven."

He offered a bow for form's sake.

"It did not feel... right to slay a mother for protecting her young. And I would like to especially commend Akodo-san and Hantei-san for their efforts to calm the creature, and Nozomi-san for her assistance in determining the bear's responsibility for the disappearances."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:04 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:26 am
Gusai, dressed well and his player returned from vacation, bows into the room. His one eye scans about, looking for someone to approach.

Time to scan the horizon for the new weather, he thinks.

(Wanna talk to the Pirate Stag? PM, please, so I don't lose it; I'm still catching up!)
Sasori the curious cat, she is looked at this one eyed man, that seemed somewhat lost, she approached the young Stag. "Good afternoon Stag sama I hope Inari had blessed you today."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:18 pm

Not one to snub the imperial families, Hadananzi made his way into the consort's court with the same vigor as he would for the emperor. He made his respects to the dais, and to the fox, then made his way over to stand among the Crane. If he had a peculiar smile to direct at the Lion, only those looking his way would notice.

(PM if approached)
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:26 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:12 am
She smiled as she settled down into a seat. "You are Shirayuki's child, are you not? Yes, I am certain we've seen each other, though I fear I was always busy in your family's lands whenever I was there." And Shirayuki had been careful about making sure that people weren't too close to Mayumi so as to increase questions. "I am Nozomi, of the Order of Heroes, and this is my daughter Mayumi. It's good to be formally introduced."

Mayumi chuckled a little and looked up at her mother. "We usually don't come to court, Togashi-sama. Only if we have something to report," or they were trapped here because of a snow embankment. Nozomi nodded in turn to her daughter.

"She is right. We are usually busy traveling or working from one of the few monasteries. When we are here... I suppose I talk with those who seek me out until I am called upon for some reason."
"Shiray... Ah yes, you mean mother, Saruko!" Satsuki said with a big smile. A friend of mother was certainly to be trusted. "Yes, I'm the daughter of Lord Togashi of the Dragon Clan, and Lady Togashi Saruko of the Saru."

She had forgotten that part earlier in her introduction. "It's good see others of the Order here. I've meet Kuu already the other day."
Saru Takurou wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:16 am
Another Dragon was present. He wore a simple Kimono and looked a bit nervous. He tried to keep near the only person in the room he knew he could trust.
Spotting the familiar sight of Takurou, Satsuki waved him closer to introduce him. "This is Saru Takurou, also from Great Falls and a student of mother. He makes the best food!"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:36 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:22 pm
"Yes. He is a good man. And very driven." Hikaru took a deep breath. "We had thought he was dead. It was a surprise to see him again."

He cleared his throat. "Would you tell me about life in Bat lands? I have travelled to many parts of Rokugan, but never there."
"His has been an interesting life. Life with us will, hopefully, be a bit simpler." She paused to gather her thoughts. "By in large I think that describes the Bat, in comparison with other clans, simpler. Our numbers and the land we've been given to govern are smaller, focused around Ryoshun Seido. Most of our people are craftsmen, carrying on the legacy of my father. Some, like myself, tend to the restless spirits wandering our world or, like my sister Agasha, study the world and the elements that it is composed of. Our remoteness has allowed us a fair measure of peace, allowing us to indulge in these pursuits, but we are grateful to have men like Kakita to defend us when there is need.""
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:08 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:36 pm
"His has been an interesting life. Life with us will, hopefully, be a bit simpler." She paused to gather her thoughts. "By in large I think that describes the Bat, in comparison with other clans, simpler. Our numbers and the land we've been given to govern are smaller, focused around Ryoshun Seido. Most of our people are craftsmen, carrying on the legacy of my father. Some, like myself, tend to the restless spirits wandering our world or, like my sister Agasha, study the world and the elements that it is composed of. Our remoteness has allowed us a fair measure of peace, allowing us to indulge in these pursuits, but we are grateful to have men like Kakita to defend us when there is need.""
Hikaru gently shook his head. "We may hope. But we live in interesting times, and a man like Kakita will always find a way to be a part of that."

He studied her for a moment, expression polite, pale eyes a little strange. "You tend to spirits? You mean, of those who were once living?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:28 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:08 pm
Hikaru gently shook his head. "We may hope. But we live in interesting times, and a man like Kakita will always find a way to be a part of that."

He studied her for a moment, expression polite, pale eyes a little strange. "You tend to spirits? You mean, of those who were once living?"
"And, have not found there way beyond the realm of the living, for one reason or another." she nodded. "We try to guide them to Meido, where my father can guide them to their proper fate."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:47 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:28 pm
"And, have not found there way beyond the realm of the living, for one reason or another." she nodded. "We try to guide them to Meido, where my father can guide them to their proper fate."
"I see." Hikaru bowed respectfully.

He straightened. "Is that common? Many people die, of course." He frowned. "I hope I am not rude for asking these questions. I find myself curious..." He made a vague wave with one hand.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:24 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:04 pm
Sasori the curious cat, she is looked at this one eyed man, that seemed somewhat lost, she approached the young Stag. "Good afternoon Stag sama I hope Inari had blessed you today."
Gusai's single eye swivels towards the red-haired lithe woman and he smiles broadly, bowing.

"Inari's not the only Fortune to bless me, now, certainly," he says, warmly. "Otomo Gusai, Skipper of the Hopeful Endeavor," he adds by way of introduction, and follows with "With whom have I the pleasure of conversing now?"
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:46 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:43 pm
Yuzuru wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:26 pm
-snip-
-snip-
While she waited for the Togashi to introduce her to the Saru, Nozomi noticed Sora's approach. "I may be required to corraborate testimony in a moment, Togashi-sama. A fair warning," she said, nodding in Sora's direction. She listened and whispered to a servant to make sure that they sent word that if Yuzuru required additional testimony, she was here and available to provide it to the Consort on the matter.

However, from the way that Nozomi smiled in response to his explanation, she was pleased with how he'd addressed it. Her name was not prominent, and she didn't want it to be. The Akodo deserved most, if not all the praise for stepping forward to calm the beast. She'd need to address the topic of orphanages and her volunteering the Order, but she had little doubt that was a matter of logistics she could handle momentarily.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:26 pm
"Shiray... Ah yes, you mean mother, Saruko!" Satsuki said with a big smile. A friend of mother was certainly to be trusted. "Yes, I'm the daughter of Lord Togashi of the Dragon Clan, and Lady Togashi Saruko of the Saru."

She had forgotten that part earlier in her introduction. "It's good see others of the Order here. I've meet Kuu already the other day."
She realized she was being a little too informal there, but she was glad the young woman was understanding. So many titles, so much formality. It just wasn't her way. "Your mother is a good woman, and I hope that she's been doing well. The Order and I owe her our eternal gratitude." For so many things in life. "And you've met Kuu have you? A good monk. He has a gift for many things that are not mine, for which I am also quite grateful."
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:26 pm
Saru Takurou wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:16 am
-snip-
Spotting the familiar sight of Takurou, Satsuki waved him closer to introduce him. "This is Saru Takurou, also from Great Falls and a student of mother. He makes the best food!"
She would bow to Takurou if he approached. "I am Nozomi of the Order of Heroes, and this is my daughter, Mayumi. A pleasure to see one of the Saru present in court."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:11 pm

Dojihime arrived promptly but kept to watching and smiling, making sure to give homage to the Consort.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:14 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:51 am
The Lioness had no such luck, as Genji arrived, whose player did not totally miss the court thread over the last 48 hours.

"Makime-san, greetings." he bowed to her appropriately. "How have you been since we last spoke?"
Ayano spied the approaching Stag. He was hard to miss even if her green eyes weren't alert.

"Hantei-sama," she returned the bow, "I have been well. And yourself?" Green eyes studied him.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted