[D2EM] True Wisdom (Limited)

Doji Hikaru

Re: [D2EM] True Wisdom (Limited)

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:24 am

Hikaru bowed. "I trust in your wisdom, Lord Shiba." He said.

Straightening, he frowned again. "I have learned of two other things that may be relevant. Yesterday, I spoke with Togashi Satsuki, your niece. She told me that her father, your brother Lord Togashi, has been spending more time in seclusion as of late. When she and her brother pressed, he told them 'strange dreams'." He spread his hands. "The connection between Lord Togashi's strange dreams, and the dream-like state of Lady Doji... perhaps they are connected?"

He glanced at Kakita, and then back to Shiba. "For the other... I would ask that you hear the story of my friend." He bowed one more time.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:54 am

Kakita stepped forward and descended down to his knees with his head near the ground.

“It is my great honor to be allowed to be granted permission to be in your presence. I am called Kakita. I still remember the day you visited my tribe’s village when I was still but a small boy. You were the first of the kami to visit us...”

He continued to look at the floor, “I have come to expand upon the testimony of Doji-sama. I’m afraid this malady does not simply stop at Lady Doji.”

He looked up slightly to see the emperor’s feet. “I shall not waste your time by mincing my words. For the last several years I have been under the tutelage of an ancient race of warriors who defended this world from the forces of Jigoku long before humans arrived. They have trained me to combat an ‘illness’ within the hearts of my old tribesman. I am no physician, I have been trained as a blade to excise an internal contaminant which poisons the minds of my kin towards malice and disharmony.”

He lowered his head again, “I have hitherto been unable to identify the source of this contagion on my own... but perhaps with the efforts of others we can identify and remove this threat that we never knew was already in our midst.”
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:30 am

"I see... A spiritual malady spreading, affecting sleep and dreams..."

Shiba pressed his lips into a frown as he listened, gazing down at his sister's writing only briefly. He folded the letter up after a moment with a slight nod to himself. "You have my approval to look into this situation, if you can. However, I would prefer if the search remains somewhat circumspect; limit who you speak of this to. Whatever we're dealing with, it's best that we don't alert it."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:47 am

Given the tenor the conversation had taken, Sora cleared his throat.

"That... aligns with something I've... seen, Shiba-sama."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:19 pm

Shiba turned his attention to Sora fully, mouth tightening as he nodded toward him to continue.
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Run by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:27 pm

He tapped the cheekbone under his oracular eye.

"This... warned me yesterday. Not a concrete image, but... filth spreading beneath the snow. Under a pall of black-feathered birds watching. And cackling. The snow was new. The birds were new. The filth, though... that was something I first had visions of down South. I fear that whatever has affected Lady Doji? We may also have it here."

He glanced at Hikaru and Kakita.

"Ordinarily I wouldn't be talking about this in front of you without getting the Emperor's go-ahead. But it sounds like events are outpacing that sort of thing."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:31 pm

Kakita looked towards Sora as he spoke, his eyes focused... almost penetrating through Sora.

Here... Now. I will be ready.

There was no surprise in his features. The fires within him burned ever brighter.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:36 pm

"I see..." Shiba took a deep sigh. "That does back up our initial thoughts. We should not make assumptions about what it means, but it seems in line with what we're seeing now."

He looked down at the paper. "... These characters are new, though. Nothing I'm aware of, connected to... that place or not. Be wary and cautious, as I said before."

Run by GM Canary

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:09 pm

Hikaru bowed. "Lord Shiba. Perhaps a copy should be made? That way, I may continue to search for answers while you still have the paper."

He turned his gaze briefly to Sora. It wouldn't be quite right to call it a curious glance, but there was that element to it. A question came to mind, but Hikaru would speak without invitation in front of the Emperor.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:50 pm

Shiba frowned. "... Yes, it would be good to have a copy. At the same time, writing these characters out... I hesitate on that idea, though I do not have full clarity on why. Simply a feeling."

Run by GM Canary

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:00 pm

Hikaru's lips pressed together, and then he bowed again. "I would not gainsay the instinct of a Kami for any treasure. Especially not on a matter such as this. If there is something unnatural about the writing, perhaps copying it would allow its influence to spread?" He couldn't help but grimace, just a little, at the thought.

His forehead creased as he considered. "Perhaps we can, ah, take turns? I could take it back tomorrow morning, and return it the following morning..." He spread his hands uncertainly.

(Have scheduled research time D3)

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:13 pm

"I hope that is not the case." He nodded. "All right. That would work."

Run by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:53 am

"Words have power, Doji-san, even those we don't understand. Have you had any shugenja examine it?"

Current Theme

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:41 pm

Hikaru bowed. "I have, Jiyo-sama. But whether their learning was lacking, or it is something too far beyond the realm of their knowledge, they did not recognize it."

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:45 pm

"Unfortunate, but unsurprising."

Run by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:53 pm

Too bad Jin's not here.

Current Theme

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:18 pm

Once more, Hikaru bowed. "Thank you for sharing your wisdom, Lord Shiba. As I said, it is an honor I will neither take lightly, nor forget."

He straightened. "Is there any service you require in return?"

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:05 am

"No. This is already a service to the Empire. Thank you." He nodded to Hikaru.

Run by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:52 am

Kakita lowered his head deeply. “We will see this done Lord Shiba. Thank you for your confidence.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:21 am

"And thank you both for your efforts and this information." Shiba replied with a dip of his head. "... You may wish to consider seeking the aid of Shosuro-san, my twin's child."

Run by GM Canary