[D2, EA] Imperial Court, Part 1 (Open, Event)

Wh'rr'kk

Re: [D2, EA] Imperial Court, Part 1 (Open, Event)

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:14 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am

"On my last visit to North-North Mountain City, Knowledge-of-Many made this for me. I think it might... do a better job of conveying my introduction to you. Was White Moonrise well the last you knew?"
He takes the stick and runs his hands, teeth, and nose down it for several seconds, "Oh an Honor to meet you, friend of the white moonrise, Knowledge of Many has much good to say of you!" He hands the stick back "I am Wh'rr'kk, Tch'tch I was sent into the empire to foster exchanges of knowledge!" He nods, "Your friend is well, he has many pups, but does not get out as much lately. "

Nezumi * Rememberer * Kwa-Thch * Tch'Tch
Niche: 3.5

Wears: Haori,Courtier's Cap, Tail Netsuke

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks
Bedroll: Imperial Gift, Blanket, Hankyu & Quiver

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:21 am

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:14 am
He takes the stick and runs his hands, teeth, and nose down it for several seconds, "Oh an Honor to meet you, friend of the white moonrise, Knowledge of Many has much good to say of you!" He hands the stick back "I am Wh'rr'kk, Tch'tch I was sent into the empire to foster exchanges of knowledge!" He nods, "Your friend is well, he has many pups, but does not get out as much lately. "
"Running an empire takes a lot of focus." Sora grinned. "But glad to hear the old warrior is still with us. But exchanges of knowledge, you say? That's something of a passion of mine. I hope your stay has been comfortable so far?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:24 pm

As the hour set for the Imperial audience draws closer to its end, and it seems no one else has more pressing business for His Majesty, Kogi gathers up her resolve and approaches the royal dais. She bows low--a pool of red silk--and hopes to be acknowledged.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:16 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:24 pm
As the hour set for the Imperial audience draws closer to its end, and it seems no one else has more pressing business for His Majesty, Kogi gathers up her resolve and approaches the royal dais. She bows low--a pool of red silk--and hopes to be acknowledged.
Shiba nods to acknowledge her. "Good afternoon, young Scorpion. What brings you before me?"
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:42 pm

Shiba wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:16 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:24 pm
Shiba nods to acknowledge her. "Good afternoon, young Scorpion. What brings you before me?"
Kogi raises her head--and once again thanks her veil for hiding her nervousness, or at least making her feel like she doesn't need to worry about whether it shows.

"Divine Emperor, only a small matter of gratitude." Kogi's veil ripples as her head tilts a little at a deprecating angle. "Your castle and town were prepared to host the guests for Lady Ananzihime's wedding. Now the wedding is over, but it seems the guests must impose on you for a good while longer, thanks to this foul weather." Her eyes flick for a moment toward the thin, wintry light filtering through the shoji screens from outside.

"As a servant of Lord Bayushi, I simply wished to express thanks for this extra generosity--and also to offer the assistance of your Scorpion guests in lightening the burden of the weather and the extra visitors on the people in the castle town, in any way we are able. Some of our number are good at logistics and caring for animals, I myself have a little skill as a physician... and, if nothing else, we are several pairs of extra hands at your disposal, as ever." She bows low again.

D2 EA Court--fluffy fluff Courtier (Rhetoric). Antisocial, haha. VP.: 7d10o10k5 31
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:09 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:01 am
snip
Not so much a spouse for your son as a mother to your grandchildren.

He jumped at the opportunity to swift the conversation away from the complicated wedding-to-be, commenting quietly on the last announcement to Kinsen:

"I'm not sure we will need it but extra help is always welcome. Any idea how the Stag delegation plans to make the best of its forced immobility?"
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:21 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:09 pm
-snip-
Kinsen blinks once again at the comment. Clearly oblivious of what that actually means. She says, "Oh, the vigilance forces in alliance the Nezumi is what we devote our best samurai to. There are other mobile forces, of course. The gap to the heart of the Empire is quite extensive, and the Stag wouldn't allow travelers to be at peril."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:50 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:42 pm
*snip*
A small, kind smile crossed Shiba's face. "Thank you, Bayushi-san. I will keep that in mind."

Once she's dismissed, the Imperial Chancellor, an almost ethereal looking woman in spite of the bright Imperial colors she wears, rises and bows to the gathered people. "Thank you all for attending. The mot esteemed Son of Heaven must attend other duties, but you are all welcome to stay and enjoy yourselves as long as you wish."

With that, she steps off the dais and into the room with the guests proper and the doors that separate the dais from the room are closed.
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:31 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:12 pm

Shu allowed the stranger to convey his admiration without making too much of a fusss

''They are but this one has a temper...you caught him on a good day.'' he took another sip of tea ''In the lands protected by the Wu I am put in charge of the harmonization effort from the agricultural angle.''

"Ahh, maximizing a sustainable crop yield. It's a surprisingly difficult task. Not that I'm an expert in the subject" Susumu looks a touch guilty. "But I see the requests for land grants, reports on levies, that sort of thing. What have you learned so far, if I might ask?"

Susumu leans in. "I think that knowledge would help all of us neighbors. I think they would he incentivized to help if someone puts it that way.
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:32 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:23 pm
Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:07 pm

"Ahh Bayushi-san, it is unsurprising to see you again, and yet still a welcome meeting. I hope that the night's festivities have left you undiminished since we first spoke"
Sasori smiled and nodded to the man. "Not at all, Seems we will be stuck here for a while. Last evening I forgot to ask when would you like to get together for that cup of tea."
" Ahhh Bayushi-san, I believe you indicated tomorrow night, but a more precise time would be wonderful."
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:03 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:21 am

"Running an empire takes a lot of focus." Sora grinned. "But glad to hear the old warrior is still with us. But exchanges of knowledge, you say? That's something of a passion of mine. I hope your stay has been comfortable so far?"
"It has, I hear there are many...activities to do today, a stick carving contest, and learning man-man dances, and a storytelling contest" He preens a bit, "I look forward to all of them." He nods slowly, "My main goals are to learn about the thin cut sticks that man-man smell with their eyes, they seem very interesting. And to try to make nezumi and man-man greater friends if possible."

Nezumi * Rememberer * Kwa-Thch * Tch'Tch
Niche: 3.5

Wears: Haori,Courtier's Cap, Tail Netsuke

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks
Bedroll: Imperial Gift, Blanket, Hankyu & Quiver

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:12 am

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:03 pm
"It has, I hear there are many...activities to do today, a stick carving contest, and learning man-man dances, and a storytelling contest" He preens a bit, "I look forward to all of them." He nods slowly, "My main goals are to learn about the thin cut sticks that man-man smell with their eyes, they seem very interesting. And to try to make nezumi and man-man greater friends if possible."
"It sounds to me like we're fated to be working toward similar aims, Wh'rr'kk. If you need any help, or introductions, just let me know."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:23 am

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:32 pm

" Ahhh Bayushi-san, I believe you indicated tomorrow night, but a more precise time would be wonderful."
Sasori gave it a thought. "Tomorrow late evening? Before we sleep."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:38 am

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:31 pm

"Ahh, maximizing a sustainable crop yield. It's a surprisingly difficult task. Not that I'm an expert in the subject" Susumu looks a touch guilty. "But I see the requests for land grants, reports on levies, that sort of thing. What have you learned so far, if I might ask?"

Susumu leans in. "I think that knowledge would help all of us neighbors. I think they would he incentivized to help if someone puts it that way.
''Crop is but only one aspects, animal husbandry and the proper use of cattle is the other.'' he paused, trying to reduce everythign to a few key concept.

''Well...it a cery delicate matter. The ecosystems of the northern mountains can be quite different from one another. Microclimates can be common. One common trait is that the typical array of crops cannot readily be used. There are vast swaths of valley that could not sustain extensive crop growth but could feed a herd of cattle, the herd's droppings helping the wild grass to grow again.''

He paused again

''Then we need to properly observe the natural flora and make sure the locations where we can grow crops do not bring wild species to extinction''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:43 am

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:35 pm

"We move anything that is profitable. To give you a sense of scale, if we were line up all our warehouses side by side, we could likely fit a few castles like this one inside."

"As for the rest of your Empire," Viveki shakes her head. "I only just arrived before the snows set in two days prior. I saw the lands south of here in passing, but that is all."
"Oh?" Genji imagined for a while, such grandiose warehousing. "That is certainly a veritable merchant empire, for sure." His thoughts strayed to moving castles, and what kind of profit margin and logistics were needed for that...

He quickly refocused instead. "Oh? In that case I must say your command of our language is admirable. Also, you might have gone through our lands then."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:43 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:43 am

"Oh?" Genji imagined for a while, such grandiose warehousing. "That is certainly a veritable merchant empire, for sure." His thoughts strayed to moving castles, and what kind of profit margin and logistics were needed for that...

He quickly refocused instead. "Oh? In that case I must say your command of our language is admirable. Also, you might have gone through our lands then."
"I have a talent for languages. I pick them up quickly." She smiles warmly. "In any case, your language was easier to learn than Nezumi. Their verbs are all over the place."
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:11 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:21 pm
snip
Some confusion might have happened but Ayumu just rolled with it:

"What about the Crane and the Scorpion? They also adjoin that huge track of lawless land, and they don't have other borders that I know of that would require use of their troops. So I suppose they help with the policing too?"
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:34 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:11 pm
-snip-
“Indeed, they could. The Crane does connect with the Stag along the coast. I am unsure about the Scorpion. Even then, there’s a big patch of land from Stag to Scorpion. It is where travelers may find themselves in peril. The forest is a good area for problem makers to dishonorably hide after they attack.”
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:10 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:38 am

''Crop is but only one aspects, animal husbandry and the proper use of cattle is the other.'' he paused, trying to reduce everythign to a few key concept.

''Well...it a cery delicate matter. The ecosystems of the northern mountains can be quite different from one another. Microclimates can be common. One common trait is that the typical array of crops cannot readily be used. There are vast swaths of valley that could not sustain extensive crop growth but could feed a herd of cattle, the herd's droppings helping the wild grass to grow again.''

He paused again

''Then we need to properly observe the natural flora and make sure the locations where we can grow crops do not bring wild species to extinction''
"That is far more delicate than I would have imagined Wu-san." Susumu considers something internally for a moment. "I know this might be a delicate question...would you consider importing sustenance in order to ensure that you do not overfarm or disturb the balance of the land?"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:33 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:10 pm
"That is far more delicate than I would have imagined Wu-san." Susumu considers something internally for a moment. "I know this might be a delicate question...would you consider importing sustenance in order to ensure that you do not overfarm or disturb the balance of the land?"
' We might not be able to grow extensive crops in most of our territory but cattle rearing might be able to supplement out diet.''

He thought for a second

''Self-reliance is important but the more variety of food available the better for our people...imports are thus certainly to be considered, especially if exports match.''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4