[D2, EA] Imperial Court, Part 1 (Open, Event)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [D2, EA] Imperial Court, Part 1 (Open, Event)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:34 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:32 pm
"It does not always work." she cautioned. "Most often it is the spirit the tale is based on that is drawn to the telling, or a spirit whose story is similar or connected in some way.".
Now if only I could tell stories worth a damn...

"I may have to give that a try someday when I'm prepared for what I might call up."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:57 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:50 pm
"I wasn't exactly invited." She laughed, somewhat sweetly. "Father went. I snuck along and he couldn't turn me back when I arrived. Even if he tried, I was a stubborn child, I wouldn't have. He probably thought it was safer to at least keep me nearby, rather than risk me trailing along." She blushed somewhat at the compliment of being amazing. "I... thank you. I don't know if amazing, but just wanting to be the best possible samurai." The modesty wasn't quite false, but trying to be polite. The confidence, though, was there. A determination and drive that seemed to burn through her, shining like a star.

"Togashi Satsuki." She committed the name to memory. "It's really an honor for me, then, to meet you."
Humble. It wasn't a trait she had expected, as the stories she had heard of the younger Matsu made her seem much more... rawr!

"So you weren't invited, yet here you are?" she mused, rubbing her chin to figure out this riddle. "Did my uncle send you on his behalf then? Or has something else brought you here?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:08 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:33 pm
-snip-
Disappointment weighs even more on her face she actually pouts, "I adore your style, Jyio-san. The kimono you've made for me has been kept the same all these years. I wear it for martial ceremonies. Gladly there weren't combats since then."

With a sigh, she looks in the direction of her son. "Genji-kun is so very different from myself. I confess I am unsure how to best guide him through this."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:29 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 pm

''I see, thank you'' he smiled and bowed in return ''I am Wu Zhe, a pleasure to meet a neighbor''
"It is indeed" Susumu smiles gently. "Forgive me, I don't know much else about what the Dragon are working on right now, though I have heard stories about your duelists. What brings you, collectively, to stay for this gathering. Apart from the snow I mean" Susumu offers a small laugh. "I had been planning to stay awhile anyway, but this is happy circumstance, getting to have so many new and interesting people to meet"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:01 pm
"So your order preaches a firm hand, helping those in true need and only occasionally those who might have gotten themselves in too thick with their burdens. I can respect that notion." Granted Hadananzi was more for culling the weak than helping them, but he didn't wish to betray that side of his personality here. The brief thought, however, did flash across his features in a peculiar expression.
"Most people are not as weak as they might seem. There is a strength that is represented by consistency and loyalty to ones people, because it lends strength to the whole. Anyone can snap an arrow, but if you use it right an arrow can kill anyone. Weakness and strength are relative. I would likely starve if I had to run a farm, but I can fend off an attack better than most farmers."
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:57 pm

Kuu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 pm
"Most people are not as weak as they might seem. There is a strength that is represented by consistency and loyalty to ones people, because it lends strength to the whole. Anyone can snap an arrow, but if you use it right an arrow can kill anyone. Weakness and strength are relative. I would likely starve if I had to run a farm, but I can fend off an attack better than most farmers."
"Each to their own strengths. Now that is a concept that's compelling to hear about. The courtier is strong in court but not with a blade, while the bushi serves the opposite role. Each person must be analyzed by their individual strengths and weaknesses. That is a very useful way to think."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:57 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:29 pm
"It is indeed" Susumu smiles gently. "Forgive me, I don't know much else about what the Dragon are working on right now, though I have heard stories about your duelists. What brings you, collectively, to stay for this gathering. Apart from the snow I mean" Susumu offers a small laugh. "I had been planning to stay awhile anyway, but this is happy circumstance, getting to have so many new and interesting people to meet"
''I cannot say for sure for all involved.'' he replied ''We have been tasked helping establish some temples but we have all our own interests we wish to pursue''

Zhe took the panda and got him to sit on his lap

''Myself I want to find ways to better fulfill my task back home.''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:04 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:57 pm
"Each to their own strengths. Now that is a concept that's compelling to hear about. The courtier is strong in court but not with a blade, while the bushi serves the opposite role. Each person must be analyzed by their individual strengths and weaknesses. That is a very useful way to think."
"It's the practical consideration, rather than the idealistic one. The practical view is one that tends to take things as they are and trust what you know. The idealistic view is built on hope and potential. Most people fall in between there, having faith in their ability while hoping for fictory even in difficult circumstances. Sometimes unrealistic expectations can lead to growth even in failure."

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:37 am

Kuu wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:04 am
"It's the practical consideration, rather than the idealistic one. The practical view is one that tends to take things as they are and trust what you know. The idealistic view is built on hope and potential. Most people fall in between there, having faith in their ability while hoping for fictory even in difficult circumstances. Sometimes unrealistic expectations can lead to growth even in failure."
"Growth from failure you say? What a novel concept. I think I shall take it to heart." Hadananzi put a hand on his chest for emphasis. "This really has been a most enlightening conversion, Kuu-san, but I fear I must be back about my business within the court soon. Perhaps we could discuss these ideas more at a later date?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:41 am

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:41 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:05 pm
"Ah, gomen Doshi-san." He gave a small bow of apology. "I did not intend to be overly familiar. Well met then. I am Hantei Genji, heir to the Stag Clan."
She waves the apology away. "Viveki is preferred. I am surprised that your people do not like using personal names. It must make speaking to multiple members of the same family very difficult." She smirks. "In any case, that would make you a prince, Hantei?"
"Well, it does mean thst when we offer the use od personal names, it carries sigmificamce and trust." He smiled. "So please feel free to recer tonme as Genji in the future Vivei-san. And hai, you could say I am something the prince of the stag."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:43 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:37 am
"Growth from failure you say? What a novel concept. I think I shall take it to heart." Hadananzi put a hand on his chest for emphasis. "This really has been a most enlightening conversion, Kuu-san, but I fear I must be back about my business within the court soon. Perhaps we could discuss these ideas more at a later date?"
"I'd be happy to, just let me know with a nite or message when you have time and desire to do so. I won't keep you any longer Hadananzi-sama," Kuu says with a bow.

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:45 am

Kakita wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:39 pm

"I hope it will be an opportunity to engage in further discussions in the future as well. I may have questions that you and your kin may have greater knowledge on than a simple swordsman like myself."
"I am but a simple swordswoman myself, but at the worst I would be glad to assist you in finding your answers however I can."
Spider | Bushi | Swordswoman | Idealist | Kind | Kouhai
Honor: A Soul Above Question | Status: 1 | Glory: 3

Carries: katana, fashionable kimono, fancy hat with silk veil, sake cup.

Companion: Shuri, cat.

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:49 am

Kuu wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:43 am
"I'd be happy to, just let me know with a nite or message when you have time and desire to do so. I won't keep you any longer Hadananzi-sama," Kuu says with a bow.
"I shall endeavor to do so. Until next time, Kuu-san." Hadananzi returned the bow deeply, then turned to make his way back into the growing crowd of people attending the courts.

(Open to be approached again)

Played by GM Bakuriel

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:16 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:41 am
"Well, it does mean thst when we offer the use od personal names, it carries sigmificamce and trust." He smiled. "So please feel free to recer tonme as Genji in the future Vivei-san. And hai, you could say I am something the prince of the stag."
She nods as he explains. "Does that mean you are a divine being? You are half-god, yes?"
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:15 am

Kyosei hears a question, and it catches his attention, so he turns and moves closer. Ah, the child of Hantei, one of the little gods that he did like, and the foreigner. He was curious what the answer would be.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:16 am

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:16 am

She nods as he explains. "Does that mean you are a divine being? You are half-god, yes?"
"Well, I am a half-god. Whether divine or not..." He shrugged. "That is up to the scholars. I am a leader, and a samurai, primarily. You are a merchant, if I gather right?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:42 am

Wu Zhe wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:57 pm

''I cannot say for sure for all involved.'' he replied ''We have been tasked helping establish some temples but we have all our own interests we wish to pursue''

Zhe took the panda and got him to sit on his lap

''Myself I want to find ways to better fulfill my task back home.''
"I am sorry...may I?" Susumu gestures to the tame panda, reaching out a hand as if to pet it. "They are adorable"

"If I might ask, what is your task?"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:27 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:45 am

"I am but a simple swordswoman myself, but at the worst I would be glad to assist you in finding your answers however I can."
He bowed politely, “I would be eternally grateful for any assistance your family could provide.”
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:34 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:08 pm
snip

"I'll see what I can do... But please leave me a bit of time to train and reattain an acceptable level of skill. Even if the snowstorm has considerably shaken up the schedule of everyone working in the palace, I should be able to sneak a few hours of practice needlework here and there if I put my heart to it.

Any preferences about materials, colors or motives to be aware of?"

Ayumu looked around to see if the boy was around, but in the huge crowd it was a hard sell to find someone who wasn't explicitly trying to stand out.

"How different? Is he somehow taller than his father?"
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:44 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:34 pm
-snip-
"I don't mean to put pressure on you, Jiyo-san, I apologize." Kinsen puts hands together and bows apologetically, but can't help to add, "I am just rather impulsive with what I enjoy... and color of the Stag, perhaps focused on the white with the stack rack motives would be just fine."

She smiles to that and it turns into a grin as Ayumu mentions her son again. She waves her hand in the direction to find him. "Quite tall. I believe he's still growing to reach his father. That's Genji-kun talking with Viveki Doshi-san. She's a gaijin merchant from the south. Like the bonge we have, but with much more knowledge and a family name. Interesting oddity."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0