[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Isawa Kyosei

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:52 am

Kyosei gave her another bow. "Thank you for your time, Ryushun-san. May your time here be well."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:12 am

"I hope we get to speak again soon, Isawa-san." she returned a polite bow. "Enjoy the rest of your evening."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:16 am

Kyosei nods, then moves about. Noting that some have already left, he looks around, makes a final bow to the happy couple, and makes his

/exit.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:45 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:26 pm
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 am

Sasori nodded. "Perhaps a game of questions to know each other. Or just eating and talking about what each other like." She continued to fan herself. "Maybe we can go aside so we don't lose our voices in the crowd"

-o-
This is just a bump quote
Hisomu Susumu wrote:Bump
Reiko Machiko wrote:Bump
"Mm, space and less noise, yes please," the Lion quickly agrees. "Come friends," she says, starting to use her size to see a path through the crowd and widen it. "First question, how did Bayushi-sama get so smart," she asks rhetorically, chucking and smiling at the Scorpion over her shoulder.
Sasori shrugged. "I am still learning things Sama." She fanned herself. "Susumu sama, I will try not to find too many secrets while you are drunk.

//This is just a bump quote
Hisomu Susumu wrote:Bump
Reiko Machiko wrote:Bump
[/quote]
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:54 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:35 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:48 pm

"Hantei-sama is too generous." Kogi's brows arch in amusement. "When Lady Doji's own daughters are here wearing clothes of their mother's design? I could never presume. " She fiddles with her own fan a bit more as she glances across the room in the bride's direction, flicking it partially open and then sliding it mostly closed again. "To each his own... though if this cold snap carries on, the wind's caress might not be so appealing later tonight."
"Hm...true. I guess I'll have to look for a different caress if it gets too cold." He replied with a wide smile.

Wait. No. Not that way.

Should i say something? Retract? Does it make it more awkward? Less?

"I am sure your clothes are magnificent even next to Lady Doji's craftsmanship. Hers is divine, while yours is...." He gestured at the pile of red silk. "Pretty."
Kogi's fan snaps fully open and she suddenly becomes very absorbed in looking down at it for a few moments. "Uh-hmm."

Then, consciously directing her eyes upward again, she produces a neutral-ish "Thank you?" The fan flutters a bit. "Ah... so... do you visit the Emperor's court often?"

Smooth!
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:39 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:54 am

Kogi's fan snaps fully open and she suddenly becomes very absorbed in looking down at it for a few moments. "Uh-hmm."

Then, consciously directing her eyes upward again, she produces a neutral-ish "Thank you?" The fan flutters a bit. "Ah... so... do you visit the Emperor's court often?"

Smooth!
"Ah. Hm....not often? I visited a few times in my youth?" Yes, neutral topic. Go. Wait. No. Escape!

"Though this visit may be brief, as tomorrow we wish to travel home with my mother and clan members. In fact, I think it may be time to start getting ready, just in case. You know."

Smoooooooth.

"It was nice meeting you Bayushi-san."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:55 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:45 am

Sasori shrugged. "I am still learning things Sama." She fanned herself. "Susumu sama, I will try not to find too many secrets while you are drunk.
"I appreciate that. Perhaps we can alternate and I can learn a few of yours as well"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:25 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:55 am
Bayushi Sasori wrote:

"I appreciate that. Perhaps we can alternate and I can learn a few of yours as well"
Sasori giggled. "Perhaps we can, if you ask nicely." She said coyly. "Maybe we can reconvene this fortuitous meeting some time in the future."

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:16 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:39 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:54 am

Smooth!
"Ah. Hm....not often? I visited a few times in my youth?" Yes, neutral topic. Go. Wait. No. Escape!

"Though this visit may be brief, as tomorrow we wish to travel home with my mother and clan members. In fact, I think it may be time to start getting ready, just in case. You know."

Smoooooooth.

"It was nice meeting you Bayushi-san."
"Oh... of course, Hantei-sama. I understand entirely." Was it something I said?

"The pleasure was mine. Safe journey to you. And a warm one, too, I hope."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:22 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:25 pm
Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:55 am
Bayushi Sasori wrote:

Sasori giggled. "Perhaps we can, if you ask nicely." She said coyly. "Maybe we can reconvene this fortuitous meeting some time in the future."
"Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. It is a wonder that we ever get anything done at all at this things." Susumu smiles. "I will be staying for another few days at least. There is too much I want to see in the Imperial archives at the very least, never mind the chance to meet fascinating people such as yourself"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Shinjo Ryoko

Post by Shinjo Ryoko » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:23 pm

Ryoko would eventually offer some gift that would be quizzical and strange (like a box to ponder what's inside for the rest of eternity), but it wouldn't be for influence because her player has been so swamped and brain-drained this week that she can barely post and only cares about some modicum of continuity to perhaps jump back into the game in earnest once RL hell abates.
Ki-Rin Clan 空 Mystic 空 Enlightened Plus 空 Traveller 空 Incomprehensible 空 Scion 空 Daddy's Daughter

Shourido the Cat

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:25 pm

Shinjo Ryoko wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:23 pm
Ryoko would eventually offer some gift that would be quizzical and strange (like a box to ponder what's inside for the rest of eternity), but it wouldn't be for influence because her player has been so swamped and brain-drained this week that she can barely post and only cares about some modicum of continuity to perhaps jump back into the game in earnest once RL hell abates.
Sora would stop on his way out the door to greet the child of one of his oldest friends, but would likewise understand not launching a giant back and forth under the circumstances.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Shinjo Ryoko

Post by Shinjo Ryoko » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:31 pm

Friends of her father were very appreciated and the young one even quietly shared one of Hikaru jokes as a sort of a code word for not having fallen too far from Koyama's heritage. However, greater reminiscing and basking in cultural uncledom of Sora would have to wait for another, more private occasion.
Ki-Rin Clan 空 Mystic 空 Enlightened Plus 空 Traveller 空 Incomprehensible 空 Scion 空 Daddy's Daughter

Shourido the Cat

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:12 am

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:22 pm

"Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. It is a wonder that we ever get anything done at all at this things." Susumu smiles. "I will be staying for another few days at least. There is too much I want to see in the Imperial archives at the very least, never mind the chance to meet fascinating people such as yourself"
"Excellent" She fanned herself "How about some tea in two days time I have heard the Crane have very nice tea house."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:46 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:12 am
bump
What is her game?

It was obvious that she was up to something. Every bit of courtier knowhow told Susumu that much, but he honestly had no idea what the angle was. Furthermore, the only way to figure it out was to keep going.

"I would be delighted Bayushi-san"

Dimly, he remembers a lesson from his father

The most cunning kind of trap relies not on the target being unable to identify that it is one, but one that relies on their nature to step into it despite knowing there is one.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:04 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:46 am
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:12 am
bump
What is her game?

It was obvious that she was up to something. Every bit of courtier knowhow told Susumu that much, but he honestly had no idea what the angle was. Furthermore, the only way to figure it out was to keep going.

"I would be delighted Bayushi-san"

Dimly, he remembers a lesson from his father

The most cunning kind of trap relies not on the target being unable to identify that it is one, but one that relies on their nature to step into it despite knowing there is one.
"Excellent Hisomu sama." Sasori smiled. And she continued her merry way.