[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Bayushi Kogi

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:48 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:33 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:21 pm

"Far be it from me to contradict my lord's blood relative, but... I think Bayushi-kami is a very practical man. I've always found him so." She glances down at her hands for a moment, slips something out of her sash--a bamboo folding fan, as it emerges--then looks back up at Genji, thin fingers toying with the closed fan. "Yes, I am more comfortable this way. Sometimes I wonder why everyone doesn't prefer it." Another quiet laugh floats from behind the silk.
Genji smiled and lowered his fan in defeat. "Well, as a terrible nephew, I must concede your knowledge of your Champion and my uncle. I have not spoken to him in years, so perhaps my views are outdated." His eyes lingered on her silks, up and down, apparently fascinated. "Truthfully, I prefer the caress of the wind and kiss of the sun on my skin, so our tastes apparently differ on this account." He glanced around at the other people. "Though who knows, I am not known for my taste of fashion. Perhaps it will catch when everyone brings word to home about your fabulous attire."
"Hantei-sama is too generous." Kogi's brows arch in amusement. "When Lady Doji's own daughters are here wearing clothes of their mother's design? I could never presume. " She fiddles with her own fan a bit more as she glances across the room in the bride's direction, flicking it partially open and then sliding it mostly closed again. "To each his own... though if this cold snap carries on, the wind's caress might not be so appealing later tonight."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:52 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:44 pm
"I agree, there are things we should talk in a more appropriate place, looking to settle a situation that none of us expected or asked for, but that was brought by divine wisdom."
"Splendid. I'll send you an invitation as soon as the Fortunes permit." Kinsen says, and provides a bow to the Crab delegation, "I take the opportunity to excuse myself. There are matters to solve tomorrow that require a full night's rest."

She takes anther glance at her son talking with the veiled samurai, and smiles, to add, before she leaves, "I would also like to use this future opportunity to introduce you to my dear son, the Shining Prince of the Stag. Hantei Genji-sama."

Looking back to the remarkable pair of Crab samurai-ko, she provides a final nod and departs form the room.

/exit
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:35 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:48 pm

"Hantei-sama is too generous." Kogi's brows arch in amusement. "When Lady Doji's own daughters are here wearing clothes of their mother's design? I could never presume. " She fiddles with her own fan a bit more as she glances across the room in the bride's direction, flicking it partially open and then sliding it mostly closed again. "To each his own... though if this cold snap carries on, the wind's caress might not be so appealing later tonight."
"Hm...true. I guess I'll have to look for a different caress if it gets too cold." He replied with a wide smile.

Wait. No. Not that way.

Should i say something? Retract? Does it make it more awkward? Less?

"I am sure your clothes are magnificent even next to Lady Doji's craftsmanship. Hers is divine, while yours is...." He gestured at the pile of red silk. "Pretty."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:26 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 am

Sasori nodded. "Perhaps a game of questions to know each other. Or just eating and talking about what each other like." She continued to fan herself. "Maybe we can go aside so we don't lose our voices in the crowd"

-o-
This is just a bump quote
Hisomu Susumu wrote:Bump
Reiko Machiko wrote:Bump
"Mm, space and less noise, yes please," the Lion quickly agrees. "Come friends," she says, starting to use her size to see a path through the crowd and widen it. "First question, how did Bayushi-sama get so smart," she asks rhetorically, chucking and smiling at the Scorpion over her shoulder.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:53 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:54 am
"Ah then I suppose that I can take some credit for, yes." The tone implying a humility that was likely false in how much of a hand she had in it, "I am glad it has reached its desired intent."
A small smile, "I thought that might be the case. Considering your personality and attire, I took you as someone with discerning tastes; I am glad to see I can at least connect such basic things. I shall stop by your establishment again some time. As to the offer you said before about talking tea or even my making some... I did bring some of the dried leaves from my garden. If you are interested, I could certainly find some time to take care of such things. I imagine I would learn a lot at the same time."
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:15 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:36 pm

"We don't use it much for weapons." she shrugged. "But, it is useful. As is silver. But like you, we are curious as to what else the mine might provide."
"Hai. The mine had the silver from the start, but they didn't know how to remove it, so it went lost for years. Then, we found out how to extract the silver. So, I am worried that there may be something else that might be there, but we don't know how to remove it yet."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:32 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:44 pm

Another barely there smile; it seemed to be his usual. "Perhaps so, Hisomu-san."

He inclined his head to her. "Hopefully not. And if we are forced to stay another day, so be it. I do not think our hosts will begrudge us their hospitality." He pursed his lips. "The only danger is if some party feels the need to depart regardless; travelling in the snow can be dangerous, even for the prepared."
"I think I should retire for the evening, Doji-san. I look forward to meeting again."
/scene exit after saying good night?
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:04 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:53 pm
A small smile, "I thought that might be the case. Considering your personality and attire, I took you as someone with discerning tastes; I am glad to see I can at least connect such basic things. I shall stop by your establishment again some time. As to the offer you said before about talking tea or even my making some... I did bring some of the dried leaves from my garden. If you are interested, I could certainly find some time to take care of such things. I imagine I would learn a lot at the same time."
A slight dismissive wave of the fan to hide a smile, "You are far too kind Doji Misaki-san. We have a wide selection of tencha from across the Empire in storage at the Camellia House plus some of my private supply, that you could make use of, and I would be very interested to see the quality of your own."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:10 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:04 pm
A slight dismissive wave of the fan to hide a smile, "You are far too kind Doji Misaki-san. We have a wide selection of tencha from across the Empire in storage at the Camellia House plus some of my private supply, that you could make use of, and I would be very interested to see the quality of your own."
"I shall make sure to set aside time for that then, as a promise. For now, thank you for the pleasant conversation. I wish you and your students a pleasant rest of the Reception, and I shall make my way around a bit more I think."

The young woman with a maiden's foxtail the color of ebony bowed deeply to the senior Crane.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:14 pm

Tsubaki and the girls return the bow, "Indeed it is not to our strength to only speak with each other. Have a wonderful evening Doji-san."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:19 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:14 pm
Tsubaki and the girls return the bow, "Indeed it is not to our strength to only speak with each other. Have a wonderful evening Doji-san."
"Thank you; And you as well."

Straightening herself Misaki made her way towards others, mingling and talking with her own brand of simple kindness.

/exit

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:19 pm

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:32 pm
"I think I should retire for the evening, Doji-san. I look forward to meeting again."
/scene exit after saying good night?
Hikaru bowed. "Good night, Hisomu-san. It was an honor to meet you."

He turned, and while he did not leave immediately, neither did he linger.

(exiting)
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:40 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:15 pm
"Hai. The mine had the silver from the start, but they didn't know how to remove it, so it went lost for years. Then, we found out how to extract the silver. So, I am worried that there may be something else that might be there, but we don't know how to remove it yet."
She nodded. "Mother has always believed that anything can be useful. It's just a matter of finding a good use for it. Father has had some suggestions regarding some of the stone, at least."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:43 pm

"Oh? I would be interested in hearing of those. Some of the pieces have interesting colors, or striations of colors, that I and others use for stone carving, but otherwise, so far nothing."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 pm

"Some of what we have has been good for building. And, as you say, some are useful for sculpting and other decorative crafts." she explained. "There's not much beyond that, but Agasha and her followers have been studying various samples."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:48 pm

You know, the woman should have been a ninja. She really should have. For some reason, Nozomi seemed to have managed to lurk on the edges of all the finery, as if she wasn't even there, because fortunes but she didn't want to be here. This whole event was something that she would have just assumed not come to. And yet, eventually, after countless others had spoken and begun to mingle, there was a tug at her kimono and an insistent hand. People were finally beginning to leave and someone else wanted to get out, to manage to do something with her remaining evening.

Nozomi glanced down at her daughter with a frown that warmed slightly. "Yes, yes. I know. I know... we'll leave in a little bit," she murmured, glancing up to see if anyone happened to need her.

(OOC: My very VERY late entry into events. Weekend was hella busy, but I'm here! I swear! Private Message me if you'd like a scene on Day 1.)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:50 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 pm
"Some of what we have has been good for building. And, as you say, some are useful for sculpting and other decorative crafts." she explained. "There's not much beyond that, but Agasha and her followers have been studying various samples."

"Please, when next you see her, remind her of me, and ask she put copies of anything she learns into the library system."

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:37 am

"She sends texts as soon as they are completed to her satisfaction." Rei responded. "Her satisfaction with them is the only delay."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:41 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:37 am
"She sends texts as soon as they are completed to her satisfaction." Rei responded. "Her satisfaction with them is the only delay."
"hmm. Remind her that even what she is unhappy with could have use to others. Perhaps striking a thought in their own studies."

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:48 am

"I will." she nodded. "I appreciate your understanding."