[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Ryoshun Rei

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:33 am

"She's very familiar with void magic, even if she can't utilize it herself." she smiled. "It was just her and my mother for a very long time. My mother couldn't teach her much elemental magic, so she taught her about void magic. Applying those lessons to the elements is how my sister taught herself until she found proper mentors."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:35 am

"Truly, I must see to it, you get to meet Isawa-dono, or one of his students. He trained himself, and others in the same way."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:44 am

"You also mentioned a mine. What kind?"
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:48 am

"In my father's time, it was for brass, but it was discovered shortly before I started working there that it had silver as well. It has been steadily, if slowly, producing that ever since, as well as small amounts of brass. I also make sure that all the leavings are retained, in case we discover there is something else in there that we don't understand just yet."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:59 am

She nodded appreciatively. "We have iron. There are some other minerals, but there's far more iron."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:36 am

"Iron is useful, I don't disagree. But, to far too many, it's uses are limited to tools of war. I like silver - it is best used in small amounts, for decorations or emphasis."

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:36 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:14 pm
Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:10 am
Another nod, "And your impression?"
"It is quite the grand piece of architectural art, I should say, speaking on that. And yet it did not overwhelm the senses, at least at the time I went; The touches to give quiet and privacy were well implemented and add class and peace to what could otherwise be a grandiose experience. I think such things are merely observations from an untrained eye, however, being someone who comes at such things from perhaps more practical or spiritual bents than an artistic one."
"I will have to give most credit, in the physical structure, to the Isawa who assisted in its creation. I know little of architecture and trusted to their abilities once I explained what it was I wanted to accomplish. I can definitely say they did not disappoint. The provided the bones while I and other Crane added the life."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:43 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:31 pm
Kinsen nods with a smile, and adds, "Perhaps the Stag might aid with the learning process. We definitely should talk."
"I would be very much happy to. There is so much that we can learn from each other and create together." The Crab seemed completely true to her words, although not very versed in talking. "There is much to gain in favor of the Empire and in favor of our clans in collaborating."
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:21 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:36 am
"I will have to give most credit, in the physical structure, to the Isawa who assisted in its creation. I know little of architecture and trusted to their abilities once I explained what it was I wanted to accomplish. I can definitely say they did not disappoint. The provided the bones while I and other Crane added the life."
"Hmmm... well, while it is true the structure and form of the building seemed well done, the impression I was talking about from my visit had more to do with the way the space inside was used; Different rooms and screens and windows and angles all work in harmony to tame the worries about crowding while not feeling claustrophobic, and the use of colors and decorations naturally lead the eye to calming vistas or art. Or did you not have a hand in that as well?"
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:38 am

Kakita wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:23 pm
“Unfortunately... you are quite right.” He said with a nod as he turned his gaze out toward the gathering again.

“It takes a trained mind to see within.”
"Yes..." She paused, then said. "I should probably be going, but... Let's speak again some time. Since we share an interest in the unique capabilities of blades in the world."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi? | Unremarkable

Honor: 3.0, Status: 7.0, Glory: 1.0

Played by GM Canary

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:14 pm

Kawauso smiles at the giggle and the suggestion of fun. "I'm having something stronger than tea," she comments, the quickly moves on to, "but how do my new friends in the Scorpion and Spider have fun on evenings such as this?"
Sasori nodded. "Perhaps a game of questions to know each other. Or just eating and talking about what each other like." She continued to fan herself. "Maybe we can go aside so we don't lose our voices in the crowd"

-o-
This is just a bump quote
Hisomu Susumu wrote:Bump
Reiko Machiko wrote:Bump
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:02 am

At loose ends once more, Sora took stock of the room.

And started for the exit.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:26 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:17 pm
"That sounds like a fine idea," Chizu declared. "Perhaps there will be a chance to meet up later - somewhere less crowded - to discuss common interests?"
"I would strive for that, yes. Less crowded is definitely a better option. Perhaps somewhere relaxing, too. Courtroom like this and a battlefield are not so different."
Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:43 am
"I would be very much happy to. There is so much that we can learn from each other and create together." The Crab seemed completely true to her words, although not very versed in talking. "There is much to gain in favor of the Empire and in favor of our clans in collaborating."
"I have great esteem for Anjing-sama. She was a good friend back in the days. We used to challenge each other in adorable ways. Hida-kami-sama gave me the opportunity to shine upon Benten's Blessings. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have gotten dear husband's attention. I am honor bound to make our Clans prosper together, despite the current situation that has been imposed –– which I personally believe we should address to mitigate with harmony and brotherly union... or sisterly, in our case." She replies with sparkling eyes. Clearly taking sincere joy in recounting the past.

Which wasn't that long ago, by all means. After all, Kinsen does look so very young.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:54 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:21 am
"Hmmm... well, while it is true the structure and form of the building seemed well done, the impression I was talking about from my visit had more to do with the way the space inside was used; Different rooms and screens and windows and angles all work in harmony to tame the worries about crowding while not feeling claustrophobic, and the use of colors and decorations naturally lead the eye to calming vistas or art. Or did you not have a hand in that as well?"
"Ah then I suppose that I can take some credit for, yes." The tone implying a humility that was likely false in how much of a hand she had in it, "I am glad it has reached its desired intent."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:30 pm

Shosuro wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:38 am

"Yes..." She paused, then said. "I should probably be going, but... Let's speak again some time. Since we share an interest in the unique capabilities of blades in the world."
“I look forward to it, daughter of Bayushi.” He offered a polite bow to the woman before extending his eyes out over the crowd once again.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:41 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 am

Sasori nodded. "Perhaps a game of questions to know each other. Or just eating and talking about what each other like." She continued to fan herself. "Maybe we can go aside so we don't lose our voices in the crowd"

-o-
This is just a bump quote
Hisomu Susumu wrote:Bump
Reiko Machiko wrote:Bump
"Ara, so forward, to reveal you've been drinking and then offer to go off in private. Not that I'm displeased, mine you..." Susumu offers a mischievous wink
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:44 pm

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:32 am
"I assume the delegations will at least stay tomorrow, if the snow keeps up all night. Perhaps, we can find somewhere warm to talk or practice before we leave?" Fumi frowned, "hopefully the storm won't be too bad." She shivered inwardly, looking a little nervous.
Another barely there smile; it seemed to be his usual. "Perhaps so, Hisomu-san."

He inclined his head to her. "Hopefully not. And if we are forced to stay another day, so be it. I do not think our hosts will begrudge us their hospitality." He pursed his lips. "The only danger is if some party feels the need to depart regardless; travelling in the snow can be dangerous, even for the prepared."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:36 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:36 am
"Iron is useful, I don't disagree. But, to far too many, it's uses are limited to tools of war. I like silver - it is best used in small amounts, for decorations or emphasis."
"We don't use it much for weapons." she shrugged. "But, it is useful. As is silver. But like you, we are curious as to what else the mine might provide."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:33 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:21 pm

"Far be it from me to contradict my lord's blood relative, but... I think Bayushi-kami is a very practical man. I've always found him so." She glances down at her hands for a moment, slips something out of her sash--a bamboo folding fan, as it emerges--then looks back up at Genji, thin fingers toying with the closed fan. "Yes, I am more comfortable this way. Sometimes I wonder why everyone doesn't prefer it." Another quiet laugh floats from behind the silk.
Genji smiled and lowered his fan in defeat. "Well, as a terrible nephew, I must concede your knowledge of your Champion and my uncle. I have not spoken to him in years, so perhaps my views are outdated." His eyes lingered on her silks, up and down, apparently fascinated. "Truthfully, I prefer the caress of the wind and kiss of the sun on my skin, so our tastes apparently differ on this account." He glanced around at the other people. "Though who knows, I am not known for my taste of fashion. Perhaps it will catch when everyone brings word to home about your fabulous attire."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:44 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:26 am
"I have great esteem for Anjing-sama. She was a good friend back in the days. We used to challenge each other in adorable ways. Hida-kami-sama gave me the opportunity to shine upon Benten's Blessings. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have gotten dear husband's attention. I am honor bound to make our Clans prosper together, despite the current situation that has been imposed –– which I personally believe we should address to mitigate with harmony and brotherly union... or sisterly, in our case." She replies with sparkling eyes. Clearly taking sincere joy in recounting the past.

Which wasn't that long ago, by all means. After all, Kinsen does look so very young.
This woman was an impressive one, thought Sagara to herself, honest, direct and yet with distinguishing manners. Sagara took another sip from her cup. Gently letting the sake soothe her mind and the memory of her gift giving.

"I agree, there are things we should talk in a more appropriate place, looking to settle a situation that none of us expected or asked for, but that was brought by divine wisdom."
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi