[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Bayushi Kogi

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:25 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:44 pm

"Silk is for formal occasions, isn't it? And red is my lord's house color, along with black." The thin fabric over her nose puffs out in what might be an almost silent laugh or sigh. "Black is grim for a wedding, though."
Genji nodded in understanding. "Certainly, your reasoning is flawless, as is your presentation Bayushi-san." He focused hard, finally finding her eyes, and trying to focus there. "I am just, I must admit, confused. You seem to have draped yourself in silk, and is this a new fashion trend I am unaware of? Where no patch of bare skin is visible, not even our faces?"
This time there definitely is a soft laugh behind the veil. "My lord Bayushi wore just this kind of cloth mask at the great tournament twenty years ago. If some of us choose to imitate him, he indulges us."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:31 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:25 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:44 pm

"Silk is for formal occasions, isn't it? And red is my lord's house color, along with black." The thin fabric over her nose puffs out in what might be an almost silent laugh or sigh. "Black is grim for a wedding, though."
Genji nodded in understanding. "Certainly, your reasoning is flawless, as is your presentation Bayushi-san." He focused hard, finally finding her eyes, and trying to focus there. "I am just, I must admit, confused. You seem to have draped yourself in silk, and is this a new fashion trend I am unaware of? Where no patch of bare skin is visible, not even our faces?"
This time there definitely is a soft laugh behind the veil. "My lord Bayushi wore just this kind of cloth mask at the great tournament twenty years ago. If some of us choose to imitate him, he indulges us."
"My uncle is certainly a dramatic man, so I am not surprised someone with such excessive tastes chose to follow him."
He smiled, briefly glanced at his mother. "Do you always wear some kind of covering of a similar nature?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:21 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:31 pm
"My uncle is certainly a dramatic man, so I am not surprised someone with such excessive tastes chose to follow him."
He smiled, briefly glanced at his mother. "Do you always wear some kind of covering of a similar nature?"
"Far be it from me to contradict my lord's blood relative, but... I think Bayushi-kami is a very practical man. I've always found him so." She glances down at her hands for a moment, slips something out of her sash--a bamboo folding fan, as it emerges--then looks back up at Genji, thin fingers toying with the closed fan. "Yes, I am more comfortable this way. Sometimes I wonder why everyone doesn't prefer it." Another quiet laugh floats from behind the silk.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:24 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:13 pm
"Answers? And are the answers the Void gives of much use, or do they usually only raise more questions?"
"Questions can be useful." she chuckled. "The Void can be a bit more cryptic than the elemental kami. That is true. But, it can also be helpful when communicating with restless spirits."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:39 am

"Interesting. It has taken me years to get to the point where I might understand most of the kami. And even now, I have trouble with the Air spirits. And the Void is even more confusing? Never have I been more grateful not to have that gift!" He shakes his head ruefully. "Do you have any affinity for regular elemental spirits, or only the Void, and non-elemental spirits?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:48 am

"I can interact with the elements at the basic level, but nothing beyond that." she explained. "I've seen what my sister Agasha can do and have been envious at times."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:49 am

"Yes, but do you think your sister also feels a bit of envy seeing what you can do? None are the same, not even the Kami. So, feel no troubling with the envy, so long as you do not allow it to control your actions."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:04 am

""It's a mutual admiration, really." she smiled. "You're right, though. We're all different. My brother is a skilled smith and our younger sister will no doubt find her own unique path."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 am

"hmm. Yes. My own children are like that. My oldest boy, Ounan, doesn't ever want to travel, being happy enough overseeing the mine, while my daughter seems happy enough as a mother. The youngest, Anteruen, is still studying, and hasn't figured out exactly what his plans are going to be."

His brow wrinkles for a moment. "With the elemental spirits, we have to give a gift, mostly of lifeblood. Is that also true for the Void, or calling on non-elemental spirits?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:27 am

She nodded. "The sacrifice is the same for the Void. The other spirits don't require it, and it isn't wise to offer lifeblood to some, but it can be helpful to offer something they can connect with."

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:29 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:43 pm
"Perhaps." Hikaru said politely. After a moment, he smiled, just the tiniest bit. "Although the Spider do not lack for warriors to teach you. Hisomu Matsu has earned great fame, and I caught sight of her presenting a gift. She is a paragon of both Bushido and the blade."

"I didn't realize she was so tall." He added, more indifferently.
"It is true, Matsu-sama is a great warrior...and quite tall." The smallest giggle escaped her. "However, I would not mind spending more time in your company, if only you would allow it. As I mentioned, this is my first time outside of Spider lands and it feels a waste to not engage with other Clans."
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:41 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:27 am
She nodded. "The sacrifice is the same for the Void. The other spirits don't require it, and it isn't wise to offer lifeblood to some, but it can be helpful to offer something they can connect with."
"Interesting. It brings up questions some of us have been asking for years now. Are there any things that we can offer the elemental spirits other than lifeblood, that they might accept, or even prefer? I don't suppose you know of any that have researched that?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:01 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:41 am

"Interesting. It brings up questions some of us have been asking for years now. Are there any things that we can offer the elemental spirits other than lifeblood, that they might accept, or even prefer? I don't suppose you know of any that have researched that?"
"I know Agasha was working on something with someone from the Shinjo." she said. "I never met him, but she mentioned that he and some others were developing something like that."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:03 am

"Yes, I am one of those so working. I was hoping she had sent news here, but from your words, it sounds like there has been little progress as of yet."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:13 am

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:29 am
"It is true, Matsu-sama is a great warrior...and quite tall." The smallest giggle escaped her. "However, I would not mind spending more time in your company, if only you would allow it. As I mentioned, this is my first time outside of Spider lands and it feels a waste to not engage with other Clans."
"Very tall." Hikaru nodded, almost smiling.

He hesitated a moment, and then inclined his head. "If time permits. With the wedding done, most guests are expected to depart shortly, and I am no exception." He frowned. "Weather permitting, of course. It seems to be taking a turn for the worse."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:32 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:13 am
"Very tall." Hikaru nodded, almost smiling.

He hesitated a moment, and then inclined his head. "If time permits. With the wedding done, most guests are expected to depart shortly, and I am no exception." He frowned. "Weather permitting, of course. It seems to be taking a turn for the worse."
"I assume the delegations will at least stay tomorrow, if the snow keeps up all night. Perhaps, we can find somewhere warm to talk or practice before we leave?" Fumi frowned, "hopefully the storm won't be too bad." She shivered inwardly, looking a little nervous.
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:55 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:03 am
"Yes, I am one of those so working. I was hoping she had sent news here, but from your words, it sounds like there has been little progress as of yet."
"I don't see as much of her as I would like. We've both been busy adjusting to our roles in the clan. I do find the idea very interesting and look forward to seeing what develops."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:03 am

"Is there enough similarity between elemental spirit-speaking, and calling on the Void, that you can also benefit, should we succeed further?"

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:10 am

"I believe so." she nodded. "While it is a different experience, there are enough similarities and parallels to make them fundamentally the same."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:17 am

"Have you let your sister know that? It sounds like it might be an important fact, and if she doesn't know, it could be affecting the workings."