[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Reiko Machiko

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Reiko Machiko » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:06 pm
Sasori is a curious cat and seeing this argument call upon her attention. She approached the two arguing parties. "Oh my a Spider wants to poison the Lion with her words... or will they start a war in a middle of such joyous occasion." She took her fan out that matches her kimono. "Sad, if such poor etiquette of both were to soil the ball."
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 pm
Kawauso's eyes had narrowed at the Spider, but the interjection of the fancy Scorpion holds her tongue. There's a brief look of skepticism, a bristling at mention of soiling the ball, and then a soft huff from the Lion.

Voice level, any anger past, Kawauso says, "Perhaps it is difficult to hear in such a well-attended space, so let me say again, 'Apologies, Spider-sama, that I was distracted by the august couple and not sufficiently attentive to your presence." Her head bows a little, showing a modest sincerity and respect.

"And thank you, Scorpion-sama," she says, voice warming a bit more, "for your... encouragement... of good manners."
Although she was disappointed that her evenings entertainment had been pacified by the redhead, she just smiled and bowed.

"Think nothing of it. It's a good thing we have eaves droppers who are playing guard otherwise who knows what would happen!" Machiko laughed, then went to speak again when...

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:31 pm
"Machiko-san! There you are! "

I leave for ten minutes to present the gift and what does she get up to?

Susume bows to the pair around his friend. "Thank you for your kindness and company for Reiko-san Lion-san, Scoroion-san. She is a scholar without peer, and is...a potent brew of tea. I am Hisomu Susumu, a pleasure to make your aquaintances"
Damnit. My chaperone is here.

"Oh hey Susu-kun~" Machiko grinned "potent brew of tea? I feel honoured, maybe I'll make you a cup when we get back to the rooms.

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:18 pm
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:11 pm
[
The Scorpion gave a bow. "I am Bayushi Sasori, Hisomu sama, Akodo sama." She fanned herself. "Leaving so soon Spider sama?" She held her fan covering her mouth. "A tragedy that breaks my heart... but alas if you must go... We will not hold you."
"And deprive you so soon Bayushi-san? Perish the thought" Susumu offers a galant smile. "A second new friend for Machiko-san? This is a moment for posterity"

The smile turns a bit longer as he meets Machiko's gaze, eyes twinkling.
Think she's more your type.

"I'm the life of the party, everyone wants to be my friend" Machiko said with a deadpan expression "I suppose it makes up for everyone crowding the couple."
Spider Clan * Crafter * Librarian * Smart * Diplomat? * Medic? * Can be nice, doesn't want to * Profile
Carries: Daisho, Chopsticks, parchment and charcoal, Medicine kit (sometimes)

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:25 pm

Kawauso had laughed lightly at Machiko's remark, though watching Sasori to see how she'd take it.

"Surely this is all a bit much for newlyweds," Kawauso suggests, looking toward the couple again. "A big to-do with so many people, all these... rules and things. Surely they'd rather have time to themselves..." The Lion doesn't seem totally uncomfortable in this setting, but it's fairly clear she's projecting her feelings on the honored couple.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:45 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:56 pm
"That would be splendid, I hope such can be arranged. As to the wedding, I believe it was mostly the work of the Lady Doji. Everything here speaks to me of her hand guiding each element into place. It truly is a lovely event."
"I visited the Crane lands while travelling with my grandfather." Ayano adds after a moment, "Lady Doji and those who follow her have a talent for beauty. I would like to visit again some time." Her eyes shift back to the party, "I fear I may be keeping you too long from your other guests. And from your bride."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:51 pm

Reiko Machiko wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Although she was disappointed that her evenings entertainment had been pacified by the redhead, she just smiled and bowed.

"Think nothing of it. It's a good thing we have eaves droppers who are playing guard otherwise who knows what would happen!" Machiko laughed, then went to speak again when...
Sasori smiled from behind her fan. "Ah well it is the evening and I could have dropped from the ceiling... and fall on my feet." She gave a side nod and allowed Machiko see her smirk.
Reiko Machiko wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Think she's more your type.

"I'm the life of the party, everyone wants to be my friend" Machiko said with a deadpan expression "I suppose it makes up for everyone crowding the couple."
Sasori again went behind her fan trying not to chuckle.
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:25 pm
Kawauso had laughed lightly at Machiko's remark, though watching Sasori to see how she'd take it.

"Surely this is all a bit much for newlyweds," Kawauso suggests, looking toward the couple again. "A big to-do with so many people, all these... rules and things. Surely they'd rather have time to themselves..." The Lion doesn't seem totally uncomfortable in this setting, but it's fairly clear she's projecting her feelings on the honored couple.
This made the Scorpion giggle. "Perhaps perhaps. Besides, most people would be brooding around the couple and we should have some fun tonight for we don't know what tomorrow would bring. Let's be merry and have some tea."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:05 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:39 pm

“Filial and modest, too.” It’s hard to tell exactly whether this is a serious observation or a humorous one, with the veil hiding any twitch of her lips (or the absence thereof).

“May I introduce myself?” Assuming he doesn’t object, she does so: “Kogi, of the house of Bayushi-kami.”
Genji tilted his head to the side listening in interest. "Well, when one's father is the son of the sun, filial piety comes by itself." He smiled. "Well met Bayushi-san." He observed her from head to toe...or rather, cloth to cloth. "May I ask about your outfit, Bayushi-san?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:14 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:51 pm

This made the Scorpion giggle. "Perhaps perhaps. Besides, most people would be brooding around the couple and we should have some fun tonight for we don't know what tomorrow would bring. Let's be merry and have some tea."
Kawauso smiles at the giggle and the suggestion of fun. "I'm having something stronger than tea," she comments, the quickly moves on to, "but how do my new friends in the Scorpion and Spider have fun on evenings such as this?"
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:18 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:45 pm

"I visited the Crane lands while travelling with my grandfather." Ayano adds after a moment, "Lady Doji and those who follow her have a talent for beauty. I would like to visit again some time." Her eyes shift back to the party, "I fear I may be keeping you too long from your other guests. And from your bride."
"Then perhaps it is best that we part ways for now, I do have obligations as a host to see to." Hadananzi bowed to Ayano with a smile. "Until the next time we meet?"
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:57 pm

"Until we next meet, Nanzi-sama," Bowing Ayano returned to the crowd.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:14 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:10 am
Another nod, "And your impression?"
"It is quite the grand piece of architectural art, I should say, speaking on that. And yet it did not overwhelm the senses, at least at the time I went; The touches to give quiet and privacy were well implemented and add class and peace to what could otherwise be a grandiose experience. I think such things are merely observations from an untrained eye, however, being someone who comes at such things from perhaps more practical or spiritual bents than an artistic one."
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:25 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:05 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:39 pm

“Filial and modest, too.” It’s hard to tell exactly whether this is a serious observation or a humorous one, with the veil hiding any twitch of her lips (or the absence thereof).

“May I introduce myself?” Assuming he doesn’t object, she does so: “Kogi, of the house of Bayushi-kami.”
Genji tilted his head to the side listening in interest. "Well, when one's father is the son of the sun, filial piety comes by itself." He smiled. "Well met Bayushi-san." He observed her from head to toe...or rather, cloth to cloth. "May I ask about your outfit, Bayushi-san?"
That confirms that she'd identified him right, not that there was much doubt. Children of the Heavenborn had a... well, a look. On top of which, the unmistakable Lady Kinsen had been casting unmistakably maternal glances his way.

"Of course. What does Hantei-sama wish to ask me?" She cocked her silk-draped head a little, a picture of innocence(?). Ingenuousness, anyway.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:31 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:25 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:05 pm
snip
That confirms that she'd identified him right, not that there was much doubt. Children of the Heavenborn had a... well, a look. On top of which, the unmistakable Lady Kinsen had been casting unmistakably maternal glances his way.
Oh yes. She has been.
Anjing Sagara wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:04 pm
Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:19 pm
Surprised at both the words of Hantei Kinsen and Yoshitsune Chizu, Sagara bowed even deeper when she found out who she was in front of. "Lady Hantei Kinsen-sama it is an honor to be in your presence. It is an honor to be at your assistance. But please, my sister is overly exaggerating. I am a shugenja, yes, but just a humble one still learning to serve her clan and the kami."
Kinsen nods with a smile, and adds, "Perhaps the Stag might aid with the learning process. We definitely should talk."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:47 pm

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:45 pm
"Hantei Kinsen mentioned that in our earlier talk," she reveals, nodding at the confirmation of hearing it from another. "It would be very interesting to learn. The desert people also worship Lady Sun and Lord Moon, and the, ah... Ra'Shari, I believe they call themselves? They claim that the Day of Wrath was caused when Lady Sun grew upset with her children and burned them away."

"It leads me to wonder whether your fallen gods remember their older siblings. By all accounts, this took place long ago."
"They've never spoken of any such in my hearing, but..."

He shrugged.

"Family matters like that might not be the kind of thing they say around the likes of us."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:53 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:47 pm

"They've never spoken of any such in my hearing, but..."

He shrugged.

"Family matters like that might not be the kind of thing they say around the likes of us."
"Yes, and it may be a painful memory." She motions to the crowd around her. "I feel as if I am taking all your time, Sora. I should allow you to return to your fellow samurai. We will talk again about maps, yes?"
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:59 pm

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:53 pm
"Yes, and it may be a painful memory." She motions to the crowd around her. "I feel as if I am taking all your time, Sora. I should allow you to return to your fellow samurai. We will talk again about maps, yes?"
"I look forward to it, Viveki."

He offered a bow- modified to the style she'd demonstrated. "Until then, carry the Fortunes."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:17 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:59 pm

"I look forward to it, Viveki."

He offered a bow- modified to the style she'd demonstrated. "Until then, carry the Fortunes."
The modified bow earns a genuine smile of approval, and she happily returns it. "Namaste."

With a smirk, the Ivindi woman steps away and returns to mingling with the crowd.
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:17 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:31 pm
Anjing Sagara wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:04 pm
Surprised at both the words of Hantei Kinsen and Yoshitsune Chizu, Sagara bowed even deeper when she found out who she was in front of. "Lady Hantei Kinsen-sama it is an honor to be in your presence. It is an honor to be at your assistance. But please, my sister is overly exaggerating. I am a shugenja, yes, but just a humble one still learning to serve her clan and the kami."
Kinsen nods with a smile, and adds, "Perhaps the Stag might aid with the learning process. We definitely should talk."
"That sounds like a fine idea," Chizu declared. "Perhaps there will be a chance to meet up later - somewhere less crowded - to discuss common interests?"
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:24 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:25 pm

"Of course. What does Hantei-sama wish to ask me?" She cocked her silk-draped head a little, a picture of innocence(?). Ingenuousness, anyway.
Genji matched her head-cocking with one of his own, matching the angle more or less.

"Well, I guess I'll start with unsheathing my ignorance. Why? Why all the...red. And silk? Is it silk?" He gestured with his fan towards her outfit.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:44 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:24 pm
Genji matched her head-cocking with one of his own, matching the angle more or less.

"Well, I guess I'll start with unsheathing my ignorance. Why? Why all the...red. And silk? Is it silk?" He gestured with his fan towards her outfit.
"Silk is for formal occasions, isn't it? And red is my lord's house color, along with black." The thin fabric over her nose puffs out in what might be an almost silent laugh or sigh. "Black is grim for a wedding, though."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:44 pm

"Silk is for formal occasions, isn't it? And red is my lord's house color, along with black." The thin fabric over her nose puffs out in what might be an almost silent laugh or sigh. "Black is grim for a wedding, though."
Genji nodded in understanding. "Certainly, your reasoning is flawless, as is your presentation Bayushi-san." He focused hard, finally finding her eyes, and trying to focus there. "I am just, I must admit, confused. You seem to have draped yourself in silk, and is this a new fashion trend I am unaware of? Where no patch of bare skin is visible, not even our faces?"

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:13 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:21 am

"There are similarities." she nodded. "But, there are no Void spirits. Communion is a different experience, more instinctual. I reach out into the Void, seeking answers myself."
"Answers? And are the answers the Void gives of much use, or do they usually only raise more questions?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.