[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Kuu

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Kuu » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:27 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:08 am
Now that was much more interesting.

"That is quite fascinating. I've heard that the Order of Heroes have begun to develop a higher mystical understanding of the balance of one's internal elements, achieving feats before unheard of for someone not a priest... or a Kami. Some of my father's disciples can do similar things, but not with the understanding I hear the Order has. Is this something that is taught exclusively to your Order? Would you mind giving a demonstration, at some point if this isn't the proper place? Oh, can you like, breathe fire or sense the presence of all living things within a room?"
"Probably best not to draw attention from the bride and groom, but perhaps tomorrow? We are not opposed to teaching outside the Order, but it does take a certain understanding, a lot of practice, and no small amount of dedication. I cannot breath fire, but I can make my skin hot enough to burn others. One of my favorites is the ability to realign someone else's energy with pressure points, causing their body to heal itself. There is a version of that energy flow to allow your own body to heal, but I have not learned it yet."
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:43 am

"Ah, yeah... I suppose it is their moment or something." She had already dropped the much less interesting subject of the wedding. It was boring and stuffy anyway. And she hoped this would be the last one to attend in a long time.

"Tomorrow then for demonstrations. Did you have any aptitude or knowledge of these things before joining the Order? I'm trying to get a better picture of the different theories around such mystical powers in the Empire..."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:11 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:38 am
If Hadananzi picked up on Ayano's sense of unease, he didn't show it, choosing instead to continue onward through the conversation. "Yes, communication will be key the further we progress. I believe the imperial couriers will assist greatly in that regard, bridging gaps between the clans by sharing information. A great stride towards uniformity."
Ayano nodded, this was turning more into her own interests. "One item of interest Lady Makime wished to discuss in a similar fashion...a common way of organizing the armies of the clans and means for them to all work together under common leadership should a threat to the Empire arise." Lady Makime of course thought her and Lord Akodo were the best to oversee such...but Ayano held that statement back. "I would add...if I may, a desire to see a common framework of trade."

She pauses, "But...such things are perhaps not best discussed at a wedding, Nanzi-sama."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:55 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:43 am
"Ah, yeah... I suppose it is their moment or something." She had already dropped the much less interesting subject of the wedding. It was boring and stuffy anyway. And she hoped this would be the last one to attend in a long time.

"Tomorrow then for demonstrations. Did you have any aptitude or knowledge of these things before joining the Order? I'm trying to get a better picture of the different theories around such mystical powers in the Empire..."
"I had no aptitude or knowledge of it before I was adopted. But a man that followed Shinsei and his teachings took pity on an orphan. Thus I grew up with it being discovered and taught around me, so it is as natural to me as calligraphy or proper manners. If I have a natural aptitude for anything it is artistic endeavors, not quite so helpful in the chi alignment arts." He smiles at that.
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:32 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:25 pm
Spotting a fellow Doji, Misaki made her way over after her underwhelming gifting presentation, bowing to the senior delegate, "Good evening, Doji-sama. And company."

The ascetic former priestess gave a smaller bow of her head to the two trailing before turning back to Tsubaki, "This one is Doji Misaki, of Doji Kakuro-sama's engineering school. I trust your day has been a satisfactory one?"
Tsubaki offers a smooth and practiced bow, hitting the perfect depth of politeness, her two shadows did their best to copy the motion though one dipped a little too far, in what among true adults might be misconstrued as mocking, before shooting a worried glance at the back of Tsubaki's head as if she would have eyes even there judging them.

But it seemed the older Crane had not noticed the slip as she smiled warmly to her comrade, "A pleasure, Doji Misaki-san, this one is Doji Tsubaki follower of Lady Doji's path... as best one with mortal failings can at least."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:57 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:32 am
Tsubaki offers a smooth and practiced bow, hitting the perfect depth of politeness, her two shadows did their best to copy the motion though one dipped a little too far, in what among true adults might be misconstrued as mocking, before shooting a worried glance at the back of Tsubaki's head as if she would have eyes even there judging them.

But it seemed the older Crane had not noticed the slip as she smiled warmly to her comrade, "A pleasure, Doji Misaki-san, this one is Doji Tsubaki follower of Lady Doji's path... as best one with mortal failings can at least."
"The Fortunes reward those who genuinely do the best with what they have, from the humblest to the highest among us."

Misaki looked over to where the gifting had been undertaken, "Your best is certainly something, Doji-sama; I see why trust has been put with you."

Anyone here with apprentices surely had a great deal of trust indeed, making sure students lessons shone through in front of everyone else, especially delegation heads from other Clans and Families.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:16 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:11 am

Ayano nodded, this was turning more into her own interests. "One item of interest Lady Makime wished to discuss in a similar fashion...a common way of organizing the armies of the clans and means for them to all work together under common leadership should a threat to the Empire arise." Lady Makime of course thought her and Lord Akodo were the best to oversee such...but Ayano held that statement back. "I would add...if I may, a desire to see a common framework of trade."

She pauses, "But...such things are perhaps not best discussed at a wedding, Nanzi-sama."
"Ah, perhaps you are correct, a wedding wouldn't be the best place for such a discussion. Some time in the future then?" Hadananzi asked the question in a way that almost seemed like he was setting up a time to have that conversation already. "That does beg the question then, what does one talk about at weddings?"
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:59 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:57 am
"The Fortunes reward those who genuinely do the best with what they have, from the humblest to the highest among us."

Misaki looked over to where the gifting had been undertaken, "Your best is certainly something, Doji-sama; I see why trust has been put with you."

Anyone here with apprentices surely had a great deal of trust indeed, making sure students lessons shone through in front of everyone else, especially delegation heads from other Clans and Families.
"Well, as you say, we must each do our best... and my best is tea. The talking and politics, well that is coming along, but confidence in my gift gave me strength."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:11 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:59 am
"Well, as you say, we must each do our best... and my best is tea. The talking and politics, well that is coming along, but confidence in my gift gave me strength."
"Ah, I see. You know a lot about tea then? I've grown my own over the years, but I can't say I know more than the basics beyond growing or brewing. Tea varieties and such."

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:14 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:12 pm
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:37 pm
"Well, thank you. I confess I've been practicing it." She says with a nod. Glancing around to find additional familiar and yet unknown faces, the Stag mentions, "I see there's another Crab clanswoman here. Interesting, indeed."
"Yes, we are trying to increase our presence in court," Chizu said, nodding excitedly as Kinsen spotted the other Crab. "Would you like to meet her?"

Chizu waved at Sagara, trying to get her attention. "Anjing-san...!"
Sagara saw the large woman waving, it was hard to miss a Crab in a crowd. She left behind a large sculpture and walked to the crab woman, intrigued by the figure that was posed next to her.

"Konichi wa" she saluted with a bow, and a deeper bow to the woman next to her. Then she presented herself to them, "my name is Anjing Sagara, emissary of the Crab and priestess of the kami. It is an honor to meet you."
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:35 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:11 am
"Ah, I see. You know a lot about tea then? I've grown my own over the years, but I can't say I know more than the basics beyond growing or brewing. Tea varieties and such."
Tsubaki taps her chin with her folded fan, "Ah you do? Interesting. Perhaps you shall demonstrate your skill sometime." She looks back at the other two girls, who swiftly snap to attention even as she begins to turn her head, "It would be interesting to see how my students could compare."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:14 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:35 am
Tsubaki taps her chin with her folded fan, "Ah you do? Interesting. Perhaps you shall demonstrate your skill sometime." She looks back at the other two girls, who swiftly snap to attention even as she begins to turn her head, "It would be interesting to see how my students could compare."
Misaki inclined her head in the students' direction before looking back at Tsubaki, "If you mean a formal tea ceremony, probably more than favorably, I'm afraid. My studies and practices lie with more lowly arts I am afraid; Cultivation, storage, brewing methods... You see, I work with the other Engineers from the school on farming improvements and supply logistics. Lowly work, nothing most followers of the Kami need worry about or train in, but they are part of the Duty of those who seek to look out for others. Like I believe those of us blessed in our positions ought to, each in our own way."

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:33 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:33 pm
"Hisomu Mai." A moment as Hikaru processed that, then he inclined his head. "My apologies, Hisomu-san."

Another moment of consideration, his expression changing little; a shift of the eyes, a loosening or pressing together of the lips, but little more than that. "So it is to further your main area of study." He nodded slowly. "Do you study the use of weaponry as well? If not, I might suggest it. Knowing well the heft of a sword as your hands guide it on its path could also serve your study..." He frowned, "-although I do not encourage real violence, of course."
"No need for apology. She is treated as a welcome addition to our clan, as are all that have joined us."

This Crane wants me to put my hands on a sword? "I only learned the most basic use of a knife, as part of my school training." Fumi flushed a bit, "perhaps, if you are talented in handling your blade, you could show me."
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:43 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:59 pm

"That of chivalrous gentlemen with poetic spirits." As she straightens up, it becomes easier to find her eyes. One swath of silk is draped across the bridge of her nose and ends at about the level of her collarbones, while another trails over the top of her head, just about concealing her hairline; in between the two layers, though, one can clearly see two dark eyes accented with subtle cosmetics. Well-shaped eyebrows arch upward. "A lantern is a well-chosen wedding gift. Do you know the couple?"
Genji's eyes slowly made sense of the swirling silks around her. "Oh? I did not know that my poetic spirit was shining through, for it to be visible for such a scarlet...samurai?" Wow, that was goooood Genji. Super good.

He tried to move past that with false confidence and a sincere smile. "I've met them in the past on occasion, but not closely. The lantern was my mother's idea, to be truthful. I am terrible with gifts. Just ask my sister."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:28 pm

"I would like that. My family would like to become more acquainted with the Isawa." she smiled. "We appreciate all of the Imperial families, of course. But, I feel that there is much we could share with yours."
"Then, if you so wish it, I will do my best. Hmm. This connection with the Void - is it like my own with the Earth, being able to call upon the spirits of the Earth for some aid, with prayers and gifts?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:01 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:14 am
Misaki inclined her head in the students' direction before looking back at Tsubaki, "If you mean a formal tea ceremony, probably more than favorably, I'm afraid. My studies and practices lie with more lowly arts I am afraid; Cultivation, storage, brewing methods... You see, I work with the other Engineers from the school on farming improvements and supply logistics. Lowly work, nothing most followers of the Kami need worry about or train in, but they are part of the Duty of those who seek to look out for others. Like I believe those of us blessed in our positions ought to, each in our own way."
The older Crane offers a slight smile and gentle shake of her head, "Oh, no. While it is true that the ceremony is a vital part of their training if they truly wish to eventually earn the place as a mother to one of my Camellia Houses they must be just as skilled in their knowledge of blending tea and that knowledge comes from knowing each step from planting, to growth, to harvest and beyond." The nest words are firmer and seem more for the sake of Ni and San than Misaki, "If they do not understand shade they cannot truly grasp gyokuro. If they do not know when to harvest their shincha will be a waste of precious leaves. They must know all this and more, in mind and in soul, if they wish a true place among my daughters." Her fan spreads to direct the next, harsher words, solely at the girls though they can of course still be heard by one standing as near as Misaki, "Or else they shall lucky to even find a place as entertainers or servers."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:23 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:01 am
The older Crane offers a slight smile and gentle shake of her head, "Oh, no. While it is true that the ceremony is a vital part of their training if they truly wish to eventually earn the place as a mother to one of my Camellia Houses they must be just as skilled in their knowledge of blending tea and that knowledge comes from knowing each step from planting, to growth, to harvest and beyond." The nest words are firmer and seem more for the sake of Ni and San than Misaki, "If they do not understand shade they cannot truly grasp gyokuro. If they do not know when to harvest their shincha will be a waste of precious leaves. They must know all this and more, in mind and in soul, if they wish a true place among my daughters." Her fan spreads to direct the next, harsher words, solely at the girls though they can of course still be heard by one standing as near as Misaki, "Or else they shall lucky to even find a place as entertainers or servers."
Realization dawns on Misaki's face, though it is a slight thing with her practiced On.

"Ah, of course. A very wise thing; Many are the people I have met who tend to delegate such responsibilities to those below them, something that has its own brand of wisdom I suppose. But I personally think that delegation without knowledge and understanding makes for a weak structure to an organization."

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:40 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:23 am
Realization dawns on Misaki's face, though it is a slight thing with her practiced On.

"Ah, of course. A very wise thing; Many are the people I have met who tend to delegate such responsibilities to those below them, something that has its own brand of wisdom I suppose. But I personally think that delegation without knowledge and understanding makes for a weak structure to an organization."
"Exactly." The fan slides shut with a gentle click to punctuate the word as she gestures with it, "I do not expect them to spend their days toiling in the fields... well not unless they prove otherwise truly useless... but if they do not understand the process how can they judge those who do and lead them in their labors?"

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:59 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:15 am
"In the best possible way! I have to wonder what lies beyond these 'Senpet' as well..."

He tapped his cheekbone under his oracular eye.

"This once showed me visions of Lady Shinjo in a hot land of little water and blowing sand. I wonder if that was to the North, or perhaps the West..."
"Sand and heat would be northwest of your lands. That is the result of the Day of Wrath, when Lady Sun turned her terrible gaze upon her children and burned away half the continent." She shakes her head sadly. "Beyond Senpet is the ocean, I believe. The same one that lies on your eastern shore."
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:08 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:40 am
"Exactly." The fan slides shut with a gentle click to punctuate the word as she gestures with it, "I do not expect them to spend their days toiling in the fields... well not unless they prove otherwise truly useless... but if they do not understand the process how can they judge those who do and lead them in their labors?"
"I would not exect that of any Engineer even, despite our Duties with the Heimin. We should have higher Duties and greater purposes as those chosen to follow the Kami."

Misaki turned to the two students and slightly inclined her head, "I pray the Fortunes watch over you both in your efforts."

Turning back fully to Tsubaki, "Otherwise, I would be more than happy to talk tea some time, or so forth. I can think of nothing more appropriate to keep warm over the winter than a well brewed cup of tea over productive conversation."