[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Hisomu Susumu

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:50 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:05 pm

"A pleasure indeed, Hisomu-," there's a moment of hesitation, "-sama," Kawauso says with a respectable bow. "Akodo Kawauso is my name. And I think Reiko-san and I were just discovering we have similar levels of pleasure to be here," the Lion says smoothly, a little sparkle in her eye.
"Equal? Oh my" Susumu suddenly looks amused. "I pray you'll forgive me for saying so, but I am glad I arrived when I did. If anything, the results will be worth observing. I again thank you for your companionship Akodo-san."

Susumu turns to Machiko. " I am pleased that you have found yourself in such company Reiko-san"

Remember, be nice
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:59 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:31 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:19 am

It wouldn't be accurate to call the waterfall of red silk slipping through the crowd anonymous, because she cuts a distinctive figure, but it is fair to say Kogi is thoroughly, if elegantly, indistinct on this occasion. With a swish of layered hems, she comes to a stop near the young Stag princeling and, after a moment of hesitation, bows. "Hantei-sama, good evening. The reputation of the Stag isn't an empty one, I see."
Genji glanced at the silk figure moving cutting a crimson path towards him, and as it came near, he noticed that there was a person underneath. How curious. He gave a small bow. "Greetings Scorpion-san. What reputation would that be, may I ask?" His eyes tried to find hers, though it proved to be a bit difficult behind the layers. Hopefully he was not gazing too intently at her forehead or something.
"That of chivalrous gentlemen with poetic spirits." As she straightens up, it becomes easier to find her eyes. One swath of silk is draped across the bridge of her nose and ends at about the level of her collarbones, while another trails over the top of her head, just about concealing her hairline; in between the two layers, though, one can clearly see two dark eyes accented with subtle cosmetics. Well-shaped eyebrows arch upward. "A lantern is a well-chosen wedding gift. Do you know the couple?"
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:08 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:23 pm
"Hmmm." Hikaru murmured softly. "A garden is not just the flowers, but the dirt, and perhaps even the sweat of the gardener."

He inclined his head. "I have heard of Ryoshun Mai. Her works are worthy of great honor. Has she trained you in her art, as well as medicine?"
Fumi narrowed her eyes slightly at the metaphor, trying to process all possible meanings of it.

"Mai, now Hisomu Mai," there was a hint of gentle correction there, "taught me some armor and weaponsmithing, yes. I am nowhere near her talent nor those even those who are focused on the art of forging. I need such intimate knowledge of how armor is formed if I am to return useful information."
Last edited by Hisomu Fumi on Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:11 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:45 pm
Ayano canted her head slightly at those words, "Were you not already Crane Nanzi-sama? Mother said you had been a close advisor of similar to Lord Nanzi."

She shook her head, "Forgive my forwardness. Of course a great many wish to see the descendants of the Kami prosper."

"And...yes the weather, though it seemed to have held fair this morning. And in truth only those of the Stag have far to travel. Much of his Majesty's people seem gathered in the north."
"My union to the Crane was always to be solidified by this marriage, but you are correct, my loyalties have always been with Nanzi-sama and his vision of what this empire could be."

Hadananzi stared out into the distance for a moment, as if picturing the vision he'd just mentioned. He remained that way until being gently nudged by his wife to return to reality. "My apologies for that, I do have such grand hopes for the future, it's easy to get lost in them."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:11 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:50 pm
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:05 pm

"A pleasure indeed, Hisomu-," there's a moment of hesitation, "-sama," Kawauso says with a respectable bow. "Akodo Kawauso is my name. And I think Reiko-san and I were just discovering we have similar levels of pleasure to be here," the Lion says smoothly, a little sparkle in her eye.
"Equal? Oh my" Susumu suddenly looks amused. "I pray you'll forgive me for saying so, but I am glad I arrived when I did. If anything, the results will be worth observing. I again thank you for your companionship Akodo-san."

Susumu turns to Machiko. " I am pleased that you have found yourself in such company Reiko-san"

Remember, be nice
The Scorpion gave a bow. "I am Bayushi Sasori, Hisomu sama, Akodo sama." She fanned herself. "Leaving so soon Spider sama?" She held her fan covering her mouth. "A tragedy that breaks my heart... but alas if you must go... We will not hold you."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:18 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:11 pm
[
The Scorpion gave a bow. "I am Bayushi Sasori, Hisomu sama, Akodo sama." She fanned herself. "Leaving so soon Spider sama?" She held her fan covering her mouth. "A tragedy that breaks my heart... but alas if you must go... We will not hold you."
"And deprive you so soon Bayushi-san? Perish the thought" Susumu offers a galant smile. "A second new friend for Machiko-san? This is a moment for posterity"

The smile turns a bit longer as he meets Machiko's gaze, eyes twinkling.
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:31 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:11 pm
"My union to the Crane was always to be solidified by this marriage, but you are correct, my loyalties have always been with Nanzi-sama and his vision of what this empire could be."

Hadananzi stared out into the distance for a moment, as if picturing the vision he'd just mentioned. He remained that way until being gently nudged by his wife to return to reality. "My apologies for that, I do have such grand hopes for the future, it's easy to get lost in them."
"Oh? Might I ask what form that future may take." Ayano was genuinely curious, her own mother had very specific ideas on the future of the Empire as well and hearing another's might give a little more insight into the other clans.

"I know there are a great many ideas trying to coalesce into a whole at the moment."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:33 pm

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:08 pm
Fumi narrowed her eyes slightly at the metaphor, trying to process all possible meanings of it.

"Mai, now Hisomu Mai," there was a hint of gentle correction there, "taught me some armor and weaponsmithing, yes. I am nowhere near her talent nor those even those who are focused on the art of forging. I need such intimate knowledge of how armor is formed if I am to return useful information."
"Hisomu Mai." A moment as Hikaru processed that, then he inclined his head. "My apologies, Hisomu-san."

Another moment of consideration, his expression changing little; a shift of the eyes, a loosening or pressing together of the lips, but little more than that. "So it is to further your main area of study." He nodded slowly. "Do you study the use of weaponry as well? If not, I might suggest it. Knowing well the heft of a sword as your hands guide it on its path could also serve your study..." He frowned, "-although I do not encourage real violence, of course."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:43 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:31 pm

"Oh? Might I ask what form that future may take." Ayano was genuinely curious, her own mother had very specific ideas on the future of the Empire as well and hearing another's might give a little more insight into the other clans.

"I know there are a great many ideas trying to coalesce into a whole at the moment."
"Nanzi-sama himself says it far better than I ever could, but he seeks to see the divine order of the heavens reflected here on earth by mortal men and women. What that means is defined heavily by the influence Doji-kami has on Nanzi-sama."

Hadananzi inclined his head slightly to one side, curious. "Which ideas do you favor, if I may be so bold as to ask?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:55 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:43 pm
"Nanzi-sama himself says it far better than I ever could, but he seeks to see the divine order of the heavens reflected here on earth by mortal men and women. What that means is defined heavily by the influence Doji-kami has on Nanzi-sama."

Hadananzi inclined his head slightly to one side, curious. "Which ideas do you favor, if I may be so bold as to ask?"
"Mother prefers order and stability, but we have yet to fully commit to either path. The Makime will follow Lord Akodo's orders should he make a decision, but mother is given to deep examination of everything these days." There was a small hesitation, "I suppose you wish to know my own mind...in truth I do not feel I know enough to make such a decision and can not help but wonder if it will be made before my thoughts are even considered."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:00 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:55 pm

"Mother prefers order and stability, but we have yet to fully commit to either path. The Makime will follow Lord Akodo's orders should he make a decision, but mother is given to deep examination of everything these days." There was a small hesitation, "I suppose you wish to know my own mind...in truth I do not feel I know enough to make such a decision and can not help but wonder if it will be made before my thoughts are even considered."
"That's no reason to let them go unspoken. Indulge me, if you will. You are part of the future of this empire, so your role in it matters, even if it doesn't seem that way at first. I would hear what you imagine for the future, free of any other's influence."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:05 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:00 am
"That's no reason to let them go unspoken. Indulge me, if you will. You are part of the future of this empire, so your role in it matters, even if it doesn't seem that way at first. I would hear what you imagine for the future, free of any other's influence."
Ayano was a bit taken a back, "Well...I think of things in terms of resources...and I believe order is necessary to ensure that they can flow in the most efficient manner. Already we have seen benefits from dividing labor and letting some of the people focus on other tasks. And one can not argue with the advances the kami have brought the former tribes. Advances born from the knowledge of the Heavens and its Order."

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:21 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:05 am
Ayano was a bit taken a back, "Well...I think of things in terms of resources...and I believe order is necessary to ensure that they can flow in the most efficient manner. Already we have seen benefits from dividing labor and letting some of the people focus on other tasks. And one can not argue with the advances the kami have brought the former tribes. Advances born from the knowledge of the Heavens and its Order."
"Exactly, and we could be so much more, in time. Everything has a natural order to which it adheres best, Nanzi-sama simply wishes to see the greater empire embrace this order more completely, and become a more unified people." Hadananzi smiled. "That was not so difficult to admit. You and I believe in the same path forward, a path that leads to great and wondrous things."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:30 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:21 am
"Exactly, and we could be so much more, in time. Everything has a natural order to which it adheres best, Nanzi-sama simply wishes to see the greater empire embrace this order more completely, and become a more unified people." Hadananzi smiled. "That was not so difficult to admit. You and I believe in the same path forward, a path that leads to great and wondrous things."
Perhaps not so hard to admit, but a part of her felt a small unease in how it had been asked. "I suppose that is true then Nanzi-sama. But grand visions often have a lot of minor details to hammer out." Ayano's smile was a bit more unsure, "And there has been little talk between many of the clans it feels. Hopefully that will change as every clan has now had chance to put their own affairs into order."

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:38 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:30 am
Perhaps not so hard to admit, but a part of her felt a small unease in how it had been asked. "I suppose that is true then Nanzi-sama. But grand visions often have a lot of minor details to hammer out." Ayano's smile was a bit more unsure, "And there has been little talk between many of the clans it feels. Hopefully that will change as every clan has now had chance to put their own affairs into order."
If Hadananzi picked up on Ayano's sense of unease, he didn't show it, choosing instead to continue onward through the conversation. "Yes, communication will be key the further we progress. I believe the imperial couriers will assist greatly in that regard, bridging gaps between the clans by sharing information. A great stride towards uniformity."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:51 am

Kuu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:37 pm
"It's a difference between knowledge and understanding. Records contain knowledge while experience grants understanding. We can commit our understanding to knowledge but it doesn't work in reverse. But that knowledge points us in the right direction to grasp the world."
"Maybe. Though that makes it sound like only those who have the chance to read can be knowledgeable. I've met people who haven't read much who have much knowledge." She spoke with a sense of certainity.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:59 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:33 pm

"Oh? Their relations with our people were less.... pleasant prior to Heavenfall."

And counting the Crab's invasion, briefly thereafter.
"Yes, we have a warm relationship, I would say. My family also trades with the Senpet, who are... much farther north than you. Two of my brothers essentially live there permanently, and one of my sisters is married to a Senpet merchant who lives in out home." She spreads her arms wide. "Look how much larger your world is becoming! It is exciting, yes?"
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:04 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:51 am
"Maybe. Though that makes it sound like only those who have the chance to read can be knowledgeable. I've met people who haven't read much who have much knowledge." She spoke with a sense of certainity.
"Well, reading isn't the only way to gather it. A lot of people learn from teachers, stories and observations too. Those are still the main ways to pass along information, no?" he says with a smile. "Scrolls and libraries condense the knowledge into one place and enable you to choose what to learn."

"But you still have to go out and do things if you want to understand the world. I've read a lot of stuff that other monks have written on body control and energy. But a book didn't teach me to make my skin as hard as stone or as hot as flame. That was something I needed to practice to figure out. The theories just got me started on the path."
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:08 am

Kuu wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:04 am
"Well, reading isn't the only way to gather it. A lot of people learn from teachers, stories and observations too. Those are still the main ways to pass along information, no?" he says with a smile. "Scrolls and libraries condense the knowledge into one place and enable you to choose what to learn."

"But you still have to go out and do things if you want to understand the world. I've read a lot of stuff that other monks have written on body control and energy. But a book didn't teach me to make my skin as hard as stone or as hot as flame. That was something I needed to practice to figure out. The theories just got me started on the path."
Now that was much more interesting.

"That is quite fascinating. I've heard that the Order of Heroes have begun to develop a higher mystical understanding of the balance of one's internal elements, achieving feats before unheard of for someone not a priest... or a Kami. Some of my father's disciples can do similar things, but not with the understanding I hear the Order has. Is this something that is taught exclusively to your Order? Would you mind giving a demonstration, at some point if this isn't the proper place? Oh, can you like, breathe fire or sense the presence of all living things within a room?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:15 am

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:59 am
"Yes, we have a warm relationship, I would say. My family also trades with the Senpet, who are... much farther north than you. Two of my brothers essentially live there permanently, and one of my sisters is married to a Senpet merchant who lives in out home." She spreads her arms wide. "Look how much larger your world is becoming! It is exciting, yes?"
"In the best possible way! I have to wonder what lies beyond these 'Senpet' as well..."

He tapped his cheekbone under his oracular eye.

"This once showed me visions of Lady Shinjo in a hot land of little water and blowing sand. I wonder if that was to the North, or perhaps the West..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.