[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Kakita

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:14 am

Shosuro wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:07 am

"Hai... Trappings. It's... very busy," she agreed, dipping her head slightly. "You heard correctly from what I understand. I planned to visit her after this is over. We do share some family ties, yes."
“I see....” he replied as he stopped himself.

He wished to send his best wishes for the woman his father had admired so much that he dedicated his life to turning his clan into followers of the Lady Doji. But he was not that person any longer in their world... his father’s son was dead.

“Have you met her before?”
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:17 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:51 am
Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 am
-snip-
-snip-
Kinsen returns from the dais and tries to find the tall Crab girl nearby... unsure if she's already engaged with someone else in conversation.

--
/returns
[PM if you want to chat]
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:23 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:51 am
"Yoshitsune-san will find in me an ally to fuel this initiative." She says, nodding her head with a confident gaze towards the younger maiden, and makes a gesture she would move to address the dais. "Duty calls. Please, forgive me, I should return."

/exit momentarily here
"Of course," Chizu said with a polite bow.
Kinsen returns from the dais and tries to find the tall Crab girl nearby... unsure if she's already engaged with someone else in conversation.
The tall Crab was still present, having observed some of the gift giving. "Hello again, Hantei-sama," Chizu said, bowing again as she saw Kinsen seek her out. "That looked well done."
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:34 am

Kakita wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:14 am
“I see....” he replied as he stopped himself.

He wished to send his best wishes for the woman his father had admired so much that he dedicated his life to turning his clan into followers of the Lady Doji. But he was not that person any longer in their world... his father’s son was dead.

“Have you met her before?”
She shook her head. "Not directly. I've seen her from time to time. I... don't socialize much. Have you?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi? | Unremarkable

Honor: 3.0, Status: 7.0, Glory: 1.0

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:04 am

“Many years ago. Almost another life away. She is an impressive woman. Though I assume you have plenty of experience with people like her if your father is her sister?”

He paused, “I have not had the honor of meeting Bayushi-no-kami. What is his general disposition?”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:28 am

Kakita wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:04 am
“Many years ago. Almost another life away. She is an impressive woman. Though I assume you have plenty of experience with people like her if your father is her sister?”

He paused, “I have not had the honor of meeting Bayushi-no-kami. What is his general disposition?”
"Well, a little bit. She is an impressive woman," she agreed. There was now a sake cup in her hand, presumably from one of the servants. She turned it in her hands. "Um... Father can be... quiet but intense, I suppose."

"Another life? It sounds like things changed a great deal for you."
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:36 am

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:07 am
Viveki nods, and takes the opportunity to motion with her hands, now that she wasn't holding a drink. "Yes, they are wooden frames about this wide by this long. Then you take rope and weave it back and forth, like this." She laces her fingers together to illustrate. "You do not even need bedding, if the rope you use is fine enough. It helps keep the snakes away, as well as with pregnancy, as you said. Also, if your hut floods, then you do not wake up in the water."
"Well, neither snakes nor floods have troubled me much in life..."

He cocked his head to the side.

"But then you can't just roll it up and stow it away when you're not using it, can you?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:38 am

Canary wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:28 am

"Well, a little bit. She is an impressive woman," she agreed. There was now a sake cup in her hand, presumably from one of the servants. She turned it in her hands. "Um... Father can be... quiet but intense, I suppose."

"Another life? It sounds like things changed a great deal for you."
He nodded, “You could say that. But the past few decades have brought great change to all of us no doubt... Learning to float on the winds of change can take one far from the home they knew.”

He looked over to the couple and thought a moment on the life he had known with his father and sister.

“But we all find new purposes... new roles to fill the ones blown away by the winds.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:43 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:36 am

"Well, neither snakes nor floods have troubled me much in life..."

He cocked his head to the side.

"But then you can't just roll it up and stow it away when you're not using it, can you?"
"They can be disassembled, but no, you generally do not stow them away," she admits. "But, one must sleep every night, so leaving them assembled is not a waste."
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:47 am

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:43 am
"They can be disassembled, but no, you generally do not stow them away," she admits. "But, one must sleep every night, so leaving them assembled is not a waste."
"I was thinking more in terms of how our buildings are constructed... living chambers would need to be bigger to accommodate them full time... even if you could store things beneath them..."

He appeared to be pondering rather than actually criticizing the idea.

"I think I may ask about the details of these, just to try the concept out. It was only twenty years ago most of my people were sleeping on furs laid on the ground in the Spine of the World. Trying new things has largely been to my benefit."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:12 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:47 am
"I was thinking more in terms of how our buildings are constructed... living chambers would need to be bigger to accommodate them full time... even if you could store things beneath them..."

He appeared to be pondering rather than actually criticizing the idea.

"I think I may ask about the details of these, just to try the concept out. It was only twenty years ago most of my people were sleeping on furs laid on the ground in the Spine of the World. Trying new things has largely been to my benefit."
"Perhaps. Many people in my homeland have much smaller rooms than the one I have here, and there is little problem." She smiles. "In any case, I am happy to help. Perhaps you will be able to modify our design into something more appropriate."
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:14 am

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:12 am
"Perhaps. Many people in my homeland have much smaller rooms than the one I have here, and there is little problem." She smiles. "In any case, I am happy to help. Perhaps you will be able to modify our design into something more appropriate."
"Or find someone clever to do that part for me." He inclined his head toward her. "Or maybe the design is perfect as it is for certain applications. One thing my travels in the Empire has brought home for me is that uniform solutions are seldom truly either uniform or solutions..."

Current Theme

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:19 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:33 pm
Genjibwas there, seperate from his mothery elegsnt kimono and fan in hand. He glanced around at all the surrounding people, after bowong in front of the dais.

(PM if approached plz)
It wouldn't be accurate to call the waterfall of red silk slipping through the crowd anonymous, because she cuts a distinctive figure, but it is fair to say Kogi is thoroughly, if elegantly, indistinct on this occasion. With a swish of layered hems, she comes to a stop near the young Stag princeling and, after a moment of hesitation, bows. "Hantei-sama, good evening. The reputation of the Stag isn't an empty one, I see."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:27 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:14 am

"Or find someone clever to do that part for me." He inclined his head toward her. "Or maybe the design is perfect as it is for certain applications. One thing my travels in the Empire has brought home for me is that uniform solutions are seldom truly either uniform or solutions..."
"Yes, there are plenty of things that work fine for the Nezumi that are... less than desirable for humans. I doubt that we would gain much my adopting memory sticks to record our history."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:31 am

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:27 am
"Yes, there are plenty of things that work fine for the Nezumi that are... less than desirable for humans. I doubt that we would gain much my adopting memory sticks to record our history."
"Exactly! Although I can't deny, I picked up a couple of memory sticks on my visits... but those are for the benefit of any Nezumi I meet, not for myself."

Current Theme

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:47 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:31 am

"Exactly! Although I can't deny, I picked up a couple of memory sticks on my visits... but those are for the benefit of any Nezumi I meet, not for myself."
Viveki grins. "I often travel with a few memory sticks for the same reason. It is much easier to convince a Nezumi that you are trustworthy when you have a stick recording good memories of yourself. Do you know what memories are held in your sticks?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:02 am

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:47 am
Viveki grins. "I often travel with a few memory sticks for the same reason. It is much easier to convince a Nezumi that you are trustworthy when you have a stick recording good memories of yourself. Do you know what memories are held in your sticks?"
"Something to do with helping the Nezumi reclaim their Empire, and befriending White Moonrise back when he was Black Moonset. I'm sure there are nuances in there conveyed by scent, but all I know is that Knowledge-of-Many was happy to provide it for me."

Current Theme

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:08 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:02 am
"Something to do with helping the Nezumi reclaim their Empire, and befriending White Moonrise back when he was Black Moonset. I'm sure there are nuances in there conveyed by scent, but all I know is that Knowledge-of-Many was happy to provide it for me."
"Those seem like good ones," she says, nodding. "Are you expecting any Nezumi here at court?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:12 am

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:08 am
"Those seem like good ones," she says, nodding. "Are you expecting any Nezumi here at court?"
"Not sure... the bride's father helped negotiate our dealings with the Nezumi, and relations have been pretty good for the past couple of decades, but they have their own Empire to see to, and the damage Heavenfall did to them isn't the sort of thing you recover from overnight."

He shrugged.

"I hope so. I found them an impressive culture, and good people. And without their help, rescuing Hisomu would have been much more difficult."

Current Theme

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:31 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:19 am

It wouldn't be accurate to call the waterfall of red silk slipping through the crowd anonymous, because she cuts a distinctive figure, but it is fair to say Kogi is thoroughly, if elegantly, indistinct on this occasion. With a swish of layered hems, she comes to a stop near the young Stag princeling and, after a moment of hesitation, bows. "Hantei-sama, good evening. The reputation of the Stag isn't an empty one, I see."
Genji glanced at the silk figure moving cutting a crimson path towards him, and as it came near, he noticed that there was a person underneath. How curious. He gave a small bow. "Greetings Scorpion-san. What reputation would that be, may I ask?" His eyes tried to find hers, though it proved to be a bit difficult behind the layers. Hopefully he was not gazing too intently at her forehead or something.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff