[D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Ryoshun Rei

Re: [D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:29 pm

"As they should be." she smiled.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:39 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:13 pm
Satsuki took her attention away from the proceedings on the dais, as it was now Ayano's turn to speak, to nod to Sora. She'd wait until the line was cleared. It looked so stupid to stand in line in front of the Emperor.

"Uncle Sora, good day. The old bones aren't bothering you too much today?"
"No, no, not when I have young people to irritate with my droning tales about the old days."

He grinned... and then lowered his voice.

"Your Saru friend has been having nightmares. Any visions afflicting you?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:54 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:08 pm
Oh, Kinsen wouldn't go without a treat. Specially if that treat is meaty and juicy.

She doesn't show it right away since it is court, and Hantei himself would not approve. But, in her sleeve pocket, there it was. Hsieh-hsieh wouldn't miss the smell. She puts both hands forward to welcome the creature nearby to steal it from within.

Looking up to Yuzuru as she tries treating the fox, Kinsen smiles at the mention of friendship and nods her head, "Yuzuru-hidenka. Dear friend. It is indeed good to be near you once again, and to know that you're in good health and admirably young, even with the passage of time."
Hsieh-Hsieh's very accurate treat seeking sniffer locked on and he stalked forward on his belly to acquire said treat.

"Thank you, Kinsen."

It seemed a subject he didn't want to discuss, or not in open court at least.

"I am sorry the snow has trapped you all here. You are content in the accommodations made for you?"
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:57 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:39 pm
"No, no, not when I have young people to irritate with my droning tales about the old days."

He grinned... and then lowered his voice.

"Your Saru friend has been having nightmares. Any visions afflicting you?"

Satsuki frowned, looking around them, then back to Sora. And then she did something she almost never did, but she had seen everyone else doing it too, as she reached for the fan in her sash, which had been a gift from Bayushi, and opened it up to her face to shield it from onlookers.

FAN DEFENSE DEPLOYED!

It was not at all delicate or subtle like the Cranes or Scorpions would do.

"Yatsufusa, or Takurou...?" she asked with some concern. It seemed the Dragon might have a handful of seers with them. "... I've had one vision, yes. I spoke with uncle Yuzuru about it, and... we both think more might be revealed from my vision when the full moon rises."

Which was a dangerous idea, considering recent events, for her. But she seemed pretty determined about this.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:01 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:57 pm
Lookit her courtiering!
"Takurou. The man who put on such a delightful feed this morning... I've seen something too."

Big sunny smile. The last thing some of his enemies had seen over the years.

"So I was wondering if you'd be up to get together a little literary study group?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:05 pm

"Hm, he did say so to me, after we heard about the matter with the bear..." she nodded, but still concerned for Takurou. He was such a kind-hearted person, he didn't deserve to have these dark dreams.

"Study group?" Satsuki mused, then caught on. Or so she thought. The fan was lowered because she didn't have the patience to keep it up like a shield. "I did do some studying yesterday actually, with Doji Hikaru-san. What kind of study did you have in mind?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:14 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:05 pm
"Study group?" Satsuki mused, then caught on. Or so she thought. The fan was lowered because she didn't have the patience to keep it up like a shield. "I did do some studying yesterday actually, with Doji Hikaru-san. What kind of study did you have in mind?"
"Ah, Doji-san, such a diligent fellow. I was thinking we might have a little informal sit-down to compare notes about our latest readings. After all, getting more perspectives is always so useful when you're tackling an intellectual problem..."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:20 pm

"That is true... when were you planning on having this study group? There's a lot of stuff going on these days - people wanting us to watch their peacock shows and what-not," she grinned with humor in her voice.
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:24 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:20 pm
"That is true... when were you planning on having this study group? There's a lot of stuff going on these days - people wanting us to watch their peacock shows and what-not," she grinned with humor in her voice.
"Well, there's always... today. Right after court. But given the late notice, I suppose there's also tomorrow..."

Current Theme

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:27 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:54 pm
Hsieh-Hsieh's very accurate treat seeking sniffer locked on and he stalked forward on his belly to acquire said treat.

"Thank you, Kinsen."

It seemed a subject he didn't want to discuss, or not in open court at least.

"I am sorry the snow has trapped you all here. You are content in the accommodations made for you?"
"Dear Imperial Consort is most welcomed." She says, trying to gently pet Hsieh-Hsieh if he leaves an opening while he gets the treat. Standing up once more, she nods, "I am especially content. I would suggest for this to be the norm every year, if we can so maintain."

A giggle, and she mentions, "Yet, the snow yesterday allowed me to wander about. I am sure Yuzuru-hidenka is aware of the bear situation. If I may be so bold, I've met a certain Saru that is keen into... well... understanding animals, as well as their spiritual counterparts. I am not in a position to evaluate such, yet, Saru-san was indeed very honorable in his approach. With his permission given priorly, I would like to recommend him."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:33 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:24 pm
"Well, there's always... today. Right after court. But given the late notice, I suppose there's also tomorrow..."
"That's a bit short notice. I've already promised to be somewhere else after court... was something about wine and tea being discussed." Social obligations were the worst because she caught such flak for it when she ditched them. So it was best not to go that route.

"I can always stay up late for some studying though? Or wake up early."

----------

OOC: Day 5 is no Player Events, so nothing in the Early Morning. This means Early Night can be used on Day 4 without risking missing out on anything Early Morning Day 5, or we can do Early Morning Day 5.
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:42 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:33 pm
"That's a bit short notice. I've already promised to be somewhere else after court... was something about wine and tea being discussed." Social obligations were the worst because she caught such flak for it when she ditched them. So it was best not to go that route.

"I can always stay up late for some studying though? Or wake up early."
"Aha! I can perhaps in some small measure repay the Dragon's culinary brilliance by hosting a small breakfast tomorrow..."

[EM Day 5 sounds like a go]

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:47 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:42 pm
"Aha! I can perhaps in some small measure repay the Dragon's culinary brilliance by hosting a small breakfast tomorrow..."
[EM Day 5 sounds like a go]
"Oh no... are you cooking?" Satsuki's grin became one of trepidation. "I remember the last time..."

------

OOC: Day 5 EM study group!
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:53 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:47 pm
"Oh no... are you cooking?" Satsuki's grin became one of trepidation. "I remember the last time..."
"Oh, come on, just because I realized I needed to cook some without goat meat in it, it wasn't that bad!"

Yes. Yes it was. And he knew it.

"Besides, I'm trying to let the brats handle more of the culinary work these days."

Current Theme

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:08 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:05 am
The Lioness bowed low to both the Emperor and his Consort, then a nod of acknowledgment to the venerable fox.

"Your majesty, through your realm the clans have begun constructing a road network but it is for the most part a disjointed effort. For the joining of the communities inside their own lands this is probably best, but for connections between the clans it is not ideal. I wish to put forward the idea of a main road network whose construction would be a coordinated effort. Such a network could be integrated into the individual work of clans and thus just concentrate on the growing capitals and other larger villages or strategic locations." Ayano takes a breath, holding back her nervousness.

"I believe such a central network would both promote trade in your majesty's realm and allow a faster response to disaster, either natural or else created. And provide a chance for the clans to work together on a large scale project that benefits everyone as a whole."
"Viveki of House Doshi, our visitor from the Ivory Kingdoms also proposed the idea of a system of currency to standardize trade. Between that and a coordinated and well maintained road system, it could make a major difference for our people," he replied thoughtfully. "I will begin looking into it. You may wish to speak with her yourself, given your thoughts on trade."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:32 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:53 pm
"Oh, come on, just because I realized I needed to cook some without goat meat in it, it wasn't that bad!"

Yes. Yes it was. And he knew it.

"Besides, I'm trying to let the brats handle more of the culinary work these days."
"It was terrible and you know it. Thankfully, your children have time to learn better," Satsuki chuckled warmly and looked back to the proceedings before the dais.

"Roads and trade? Sounds pretty ambitious, no?"
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:36 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:32 pm
"It was terrible and you know it. Thankfully, your children have time to learn better," Satsuki chuckled warmly and looked back to the proceedings before the dais.

"Roads and trade? Sounds pretty ambitious, no?"
"I'm all for it. And not just for trade- if travel across the Empire becomes easier, then the free spread of ideas does as well."

His gaze seemed to... dance across some in attendance.

"And even those who cannot travel themselves will see more travelers this way. It'll broaden their horizons."

Current Theme

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:44 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:07 pm
"I like the way you think, dear brother," she replied with a light laugh from behind her fan.
Looking up to the dais, Hadananzi noticed a familiar face and smiled ever so slightly. "Dear sister, were you aware that Makime-san has never had the pleasure of creating art?" Lack of other targets had led the Crane to another subject matter entirely.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:46 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:44 pm
Looking up to the dais, Hadananzi noticed a familiar face and smiled ever so slightly. "Dear sister, were you aware that Makime-san has never had the pleasure of creating art?" Lack of other targets had led the Crane to another subject matter entirely.
"Never?" she said with astonishment.

"This is a tragedy we should rectify."
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:49 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:46 pm
"Never?" she said with astonishment.

"This is a tragedy we should rectify."
"Already upon it, tomorrow in the gardens. Perhaps you'd like to assist me in setting up appropriate installations so that she may take her pick of artistic endeavor? I'd like to see what she has a knack for."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel