[D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Otomo Gusai

Re: [D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:41 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:38 am
"Not so much as the master of a vessel must be but I enjoy what travel I manage. Though the next trip would have been a return home if only briefly."
"And where is home, if I may ask? Must be a lovely place, if its chief allure is not here.

"And whither thence?'
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:47 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:41 am
"And where is home, if I may ask? Must be a lovely place, if its chief allure is not here.

"And whither thence?'
"I hail from near Doji's palace, where I founded my first Camellia House. From there I intended to visit the others that have begun through Crane lands and then, if I am so lucky as to receive such permission, find cities among other clans to start such endeavors as well."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:50 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:47 am
"I hail from near Doji's palace, where I founded my first Camellia House. From there I intended to visit the others that have begun through Crane lands and then, if I am so lucky as to receive such permission, find cities among other clans to start such endeavors as well."
Gusai's eye widens. "That's you, then? I've heard of your Houses; I'm told the nectar of their flowers is sweet, and their fragrance. I see the reports fail to match the reality."
Otomo Gusai

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:05 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:50 am
Gusai's eye widens. "That's you, then? I've heard of your Houses; I'm told the nectar of their flowers is sweet, and their fragrance. I see the reports fail to match the reality."
In a smooth motion her fan flutters open and she laughs lightly behind it, "Oh, Otomo-sama, you flatter me. But, yes, I am she and I am glad to hear such lauded reputation of my endeavors has begun to spread."

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:06 am

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:07 am
Kakita saw the man approaching out of the corner of his eye… the world seemed to slow for a moment as Kakita focused on the man’s footsteps.

He turned to face the newlywed groom and bowed politely in deference to the man.

“Good afternoon Hadananzi-sama. Thank you for your concern. I hope you have eaten as well?”

He continued, “Congratulations on your nuptials. I was able to meet with your wife after the ceremony, but I had not yet been able to express my congratulations to you as well. It was an auspicious wedding.”
Hadananzi returned the bow in kind and smiled. "Yes, I have eaten today, and I thank you for your congratulations. It was a most pleasant ceremony, followed by an equally lovely reception. Your gift was especially noteworthy among the many we received. You have my thanks."

He bowed again, then turned to look over his shoulder briefly. "How are you finding yourself in these isolating times? Are you finding favor with the Fortunes?"
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:13 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:06 am

Hadananzi returned the bow in kind and smiled. "Yes, I have eaten today, and I thank you for your congratulations. It was a most pleasant ceremony, followed by an equally lovely reception. Your gift was especially noteworthy among the many we received. You have my thanks."

He bowed again, then turned to look over his shoulder briefly. "How are you finding yourself in these isolating times? Are you finding favor with the Fortunes?"
He shook his head in deference, “It was a simple gift. I am honored by your words.”

He bowed politely to the man and begun to set his soul to gaze upon the man with clearer focus… to sense out intent as he would in other circumstances.

“I have been exceptionally blessed. A simple man like myself being able to attend the wedding of a daughter of the kami at the side of one of her cousins. I am blessed beyond what I deserve.”

He asked, “How have you found the first days of our collective sequester?”
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:15 am

Hikaru would be there as usual. And, as usual, he would not be approaching the dais unless asked.

He frowned as he saw Hadanazi approach Kakita... but on the other hand, he had already been frowning, so this marked little change.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:15 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:05 am
In a smooth motion her fan flutters open and she laughs lightly behind it, "Oh, Otomo-sama, you flatter me. But, yes, I am she and I am glad to hear such lauded reputation of my endeavors has begun to spread."
Gusai inclines his head slightly. "Even as I am, I see it," he says, "and but say what I see." Every inch the genteel officer, now. "And who loves not the opening flower, to pause and admire, breathing deeply of its perfume? It is enough to make one envy the bee."
Otomo Gusai

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:22 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:15 am
Gusai inclines his head slightly. "Even as I am, I see it," he says, "and but say what I see." Every inch the genteel officer, now. "And who loves not the opening flower, to pause and admire, breathing deeply of its perfume? It is enough to make one envy the bee."
Another soft laugh from behind the fan, "Otomo-sama is a poet as well it seems. Far be it from me to question the opinion of one above my station. I suppose I shall have to accept your words as true."

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:24 am

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:13 am

He shook his head in deference, “It was a simple gift. I am honored by your words.”

He bowed politely to the man and begun to set his soul to gaze upon the man with clearer focus… to sense out intent as he would in other circumstances.

“I have been exceptionally blessed. A simple man like myself being able to attend the wedding of a daughter of the kami at the side of one of her cousins. I am blessed beyond what I deserve.”

He asked, “How have you found the first days of our collective sequester?”
"You give yourself far too little credit." A sigh, as if Hadananzi were recalling a pleasant dream. "I've found it enlivening, being otherwise forced to stay in one place and appreciate that which is already around me. It has given me insights into the many blessings which have been bestowed upon me, and brought me into contact with many potential allies."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:34 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:24 am
"You give yourself far too little credit." A sigh, as if Hadananzi were recalling a pleasant dream. "I've found it enlivening, being otherwise forced to stay in one place and appreciate that which is already around me. It has given me insights into the many blessings which have been bestowed upon me, and brought me into contact with many potential allies."
Kakita nodded at the man’s words. Understanding slowly growing in him of the potential pitfalls were this man prove to be who Sora claimed him to be.

“The winds of destiny blow us all down our respective paths. It has placed so many potential friends all here in close proximity. It seems that this opportunity presented by the elements will be a great building block for this still young empire.”

Kakita’s mind began to sharpen…

Why would this man act as if he does not know me… Has he forgotten? Or is this an approach of attack…

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:47 am

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:34 am

Kakita nodded at the man’s words. Understanding slowly growing in him of the potential pitfalls were this man prove to be who Sora claimed him to be.

“The winds of destiny blow us all down our respective paths. It has placed so many potential friends all here in close proximity. It seems that this opportunity presented by the elements will be a great building block for this still young empire.”

Kakita’s mind began to sharpen…

Why would this man act as if he does not know me… Has he forgotten? Or is this an approach of attack…
"A great many opportunities indeed, Bat-san. Some of the sharpest minds of our generation are gathered here at this very moment, finding ways to collaborate to better the empire as a whole."

Hadananzi's smile seemed genuine, though sharp eyes would pick up a lack of depth behind it. "I dare say we might find some traditions being forged beneath these snows."

A pause, then. "Do you appreciate art?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:50 am

A random eneko appeared in the court. She sees the line to talk to the Emperor and sighs.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:56 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:47 am

"A great many opportunities indeed, Bat-san. Some of the sharpest minds of our generation are gathered here at this very moment, finding ways to collaborate to better the empire as a whole."

Hadananzi's smile seemed genuine, though sharp eyes would pick up a lack of depth behind it. "I dare say we might find some traditions being forged beneath these snows."

A pause, then. "Do you appreciate art?"
He paused for a moment and replied, “For my part… though I have not spent much time in its pursuit as of late. My mother was a poet and singer of our people before Lady Doji came and showed us the beauty of art. My sister developed some skill in the prose she and Lady Doji would exchange letters in.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:05 am

Shiba wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:26 am
Shiba smiled at Rei, nodding for her to approach. "Ryoshun-san, welcome. I am pleased to see you. What brings you before me?"
She bowed again, with the deepest respect and humility. "I am honored to be a guest of the Emperor and his court for the season, but I am far from Shinden Ryoshun. Would you allow me to construct a shrine to my father here, somewhere, in the capital?"
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:05 am

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:56 am

He paused for a moment and replied, “For my part… though I have not spent much time in its pursuit as of late. My mother was a poet and singer of our people before Lady Doji came and showed us the beauty of art. My sister developed some skill in the prose she and Lady Doji would exchange letters in.”
"Ah, so you can appreciate it but are not necessarily yourself an artist. Pity, I find that I mesh better with artistic souls when I find them." Hadananzi let his eyes flit towards where the Lion were standing. "I find myself in a unique position to provide instruction, and wondered if you would perhaps provide some advice on how best to administer my knowledge. Mmm, a pity indeed."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:17 am

Kakita looked in the direction of the Lion as well then back towards the center of the room as Rei approached the Emperor.

“There have been a number of events in the past few days put on by the visitors… perhaps such an occasion would be a chance to share your renditions with others?” He offered and waited to see the man’s response.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:25 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:05 am
She bowed again, with the deepest respect and humility. "I am honored to be a guest of the Emperor and his court for the season, but I am far from Shinden Ryoshun. Would you allow me to construct a shrine to my father here, somewhere, in the capital?"
He smiled kindly and nodded. "Your mother told us many years ago that we should speak his name. It would only be appropriate to construct a shrine to him here."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:27 am

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:17 am
Kakita looked in the direction of the Lion as well then back towards the center of the room as Rei approached the Emperor.

“There have been a number of events in the past few days put on by the visitors… perhaps such an occasion would be a chance to share your renditions with others?” He offered and waited to see the man’s response.
Hadananzi rubbed his chin with a soft 'hmm' sound. "A fine idea. Yes, very fine. I've yet to produce a work worth sharing, but in teaching I could take the opportunity to create, then share my work at one of these events. That would be a grand gesture." He clapped his hands together once. "I thank you for this idea, it is most becoming."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:30 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:27 am
Hadananzi rubbed his chin with a soft 'hmm' sound. "A fine idea. Yes, very fine. I've yet to produce a work worth sharing, but in teaching I could take the opportunity to create, then share my work at one of these events. That would be a grand gesture." He clapped his hands together once. "I thank you for this idea, it is most becoming."
He shook his head, “It is nothing deserving thanks I assure you. Simply a thought.”

He paused before asking, “What is your favored medium for self-expression?”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-