[D2, EA] Imperial Court, Part 1 (Open, Event)

Hisomu Ayeka

Re: [D2, EA] Imperial Court, Part 1 (Open, Event)

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:34 pm

Kakita wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm
He nodded, "It seems that there are a number of events people have planned on the fly as a result of these conditions... Will you be taking part in the revelries later this evening?"
"I likely shall attend storytelling," she explains. "I am interested in what tales are valued by samurai of each clan... as well as the stories of our guest from the Ivory Kingdoms."
Spider | Bushi | Swordswoman | Idealist | Kind | Kouhai
Honor: A Soul Above Question | Status: 1 | Glory: 3

Carries: katana, fashionable kimono, fancy hat with silk veil, sake cup.

Companion: Shuri, cat.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:56 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:34 pm
"I likely shall attend storytelling," she explains. "I am interested in what tales are valued by samurai of each clan... as well as the stories of our guest from the Ivory Kingdoms."
"That event is of particular interest to me as well... I have not been among the clans for some time. I have interest in seeing what they are becoming." He replied thoughtfully.

"How long have you been in the service of Lord Hisomu?"
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:10 pm

Kakita wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:56 pm
"That event is of particular interest to me as well... I have not been among the clans for some time. I have interest in seeing what they are becoming." He replied thoughtfully.

"How long have you been in the service of Lord Hisomu?"
"My parents followed Lady Reiko when she began gathering followers. I was born into Hisomu's service, so life in that service is all I have known."

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:14 pm

Kuu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:22 am
"But even if it's not necessary for there to be a threat from an enemy, the majority of dangers tend to be from such. People tend to be their own worst enemy. Before the kami, the tribes fought and banditry was a way of life for many. In recent times the Crab were ordered relocated after conflict with the Nezumi. Even with the guidance of the Kami there will be people that seek wealth or power at the expense of their neighbors. We give ourselves ample opportunity to rise above our faults, by virtue of having so many faults."
"A noble way to look at it. Where one person sees only sinners and bandits, another sees the opportunity to be something greater. Rising above our faults despite having so many. A grand idea indeed." Hadananzi stroked his chin in thought, contemplating the monk's words. He seemed, for the moment, to be lost in the philosophy.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Sasori arrived at court. She decided not to call much attention to herself yet a familiar face called to her. She took her fan out and moved behind the man tapping the right shoulder with the fan and moving to his left. "Good afternoon Hisomu sama." The Bayushi giggled.
Hisomu Susumu wrote: you have been approached
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:10 pm

"My parents followed Lady Reiko when she began gathering followers. I was born into Hisomu's service, so life in that service is all I have known."
He nodded, "I suppose that is becoming the norm in the empire."

He paused for a moment before asking, "So, what purpose does your founder wish for your kin to provide for the Empire?"

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:19 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:49 am
The word seemed even more uncomfortable for her when someone else said it. She turned to fully face the Dragon Princess, and offered a small, if stoic smile. As if trying to shake off the weight of expectation.

"Some people have said that, yes. I'd like to think most will know me by my name, Matsu." Her voice was strong, a deep contralto, yet warm. "It's nice to meet you..." she didn't quite trail off, but more didn't want to assume anything.
Satsuki at least seemed to catch on the discomfort. "Matsu then." A firm nod of respect. "I'm Togashi Satsuki, daughter to Lord Togashi of the Dragon Clan, and Lady Saruko of the Saru. A pleasure to meet you." Hands firmly by her side, the girl bowed.

"I had the pleasure of speaking with Ayeka yesterday, as she helped me find a lost pet. Since she's pretty wonderful, it must mean that you're amazing, and my mother has told me of how you travelled with her and the others to save uncle Hisomu. I wish I could've gone on adventures too when I was that age!"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:42 pm

Kakita wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:16 pm
He nodded, "I suppose that is becoming the norm in the empire."

He paused for a moment before asking, "So, what purpose does your founder wish for your kin to provide for the Empire?"
"Indeed. Sooner than later, I think, the time of tribe's will be a matter of history, not a truth of others lives." She tapped her chin gently. "The Spider carry many responsibilities, but I think information is the one it carries highest. The collection and retention of knowledge is very important to the Spider."

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:57 am
Genji approached the curious person, fan in hand. Bowing in what he thought was an appropriate depth (what in father's sunshine is appropriate for a foreigner?) he greeted her.

"Greetings Viveki-san. How are you enjoying the court so far?"
"It is very interesting so far." She returns the bow, hands clasped together, then looks him up and down. "I am Viveki Doshi, of the Doshi family, of the Ivory Kingdoms."
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:16 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:42 pm
"Indeed. Sooner than later, I think, the time of tribe's will be a matter of history, not a truth of others lives." She tapped her chin gently. "The Spider carry many responsibilities, but I think information is the one it carries highest. The collection and retention of knowledge is very important to the Spider."
"That is a most important task. Do the Spider have a particular proclivity towards any kind of knowledge... for there are many types and kinds throughout this world."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Kakita wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:16 pm

"That is a most important task. Do the Spider have a particular proclivity towards any kind of knowledge... for there are many types and kinds throughout this world."
"That is a question better asked to those of our clan who are interested in such things, I think. I am a poor study, at best. My talents have always best aligned with the practice of swordsmanship, especially as katana have come into more primary use."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 pm

He nodded, "I have heard that smiths in your lands have learned the secrets of folded steel. It is an impressive development. Even more impressive is the ability to use it properly as an extension of one's self."

He looked to her briefly, "Are there teachers of the use of the blade in your lands?"

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:33 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:14 pm
"A noble way to look at it. Where one person sees only sinners and bandits, another sees the opportunity to be something greater. Rising above our faults despite having so many. A grand idea indeed." Hadananzi stroked his chin in thought, contemplating the monk's words. He seemed, for the moment, to be lost in the philosophy.
"What is life, if not struggle? We seek survival, comfort, and happiness. But they always come at a cost, whether it is through effort or at the cost of others. Heroes try to provide those things for others, willingly choosing to be the cost that others pay."
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:38 pm

Kakita wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 pm
He nodded, "I have heard that smiths in your lands have learned the secrets of folded steel. It is an impressive development. Even more impressive is the ability to use it properly as an extension of one's self."

He looked to her briefly, "Are there teachers of the use of the blade in your lands?"
She nods. "Mai-sama is very well versed in these smithing methods! The blade I carry is one of hers, in fact."

"There are teachers of the blade, Hai. I consider myself a journeyman in the blade at the moment. Competent, but with much still to learn."

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:39 pm

Kuu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:33 pm

"What is life, if not struggle? We seek survival, comfort, and happiness. But they always come at a cost, whether it is through effort or at the cost of others. Heroes try to provide those things for others, willingly choosing to be the cost that others pay."
"Does that not risk complacency? If heroes strive to shoulder the cost, does it not prevent the layman from learning the value of their life? I don't mean to speak low of your order, but my curiosity is strong in this. What prevents the common man from relying on the heroes and potentially shirking their own roles as heroes down the line?"
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:38 pm
She nods. "Mai-sama is very well versed in these smithing methods! The blade I carry is one of hers, in fact."

"There are teachers of the blade, Hai. I consider myself a journeyman in the blade at the moment. Competent, but with much still to learn."
"I believe it is said, 'One only has nothing left to learn when they are in the grave.' I have spent much of my life mastering elements of the blade... but there is always room for development." He said with a nod and a soft smile.

"Perhaps you would honor me with the occasion of sharing our styles with one another whilst we are still locked here in the capital?"

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:18 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:18 am
snip
There was, in fact, another late arrival

''What did I miss?'' he asked as he sat beside Susumu while a red panda climbed on his head to leer at the fox beside the consort
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:30 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 am
Kinsen notices someone she has to talk with and moves toward his direction. With a bow, she greets, "Jiyo-san. I hope you have had your rice today. May Lady Sun bless you a thousandfold. How have you been doing these years?"
Ayumu returned the salute.

"Hello lady Kinsen. It's always a pleasure to see you.

Well, I have been quite busy, as all of us I believe.

Since our last meeting, my duty has mostly shifted to teaching the new generation the skills that will help them sustain the growth of the Empire. The kohai has become the sensei if you will.

As such, I barely spent any time in Shiba's estate in the last decade. We're still lacking a lot in the way of built schools, and of built roads to deserve said schools, so for all the pupils a bit far away from the capital, it's the teacher that goes to them on their own two feet.

Not that is an unpleasant thing to do. No two villages are truly identical, there's always something new to be learned by moving from one to the next, and it even helps with the job directly, as people are more inclined to listen when you make the effort to go to them.

Just, that means I've been cut from a lot of information about the constant changes in the Empire. And I'm definitely not done catching up.

As for yourself, what have you become? I think I had a glimpse of your unmistakable mane at the wedding reception yesterday, but the years before that event are still shrouded in mystery."
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:01 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:30 pm
-snip-
She smiles to reply, "That is surely needed. Going to places where the Empire needs us to be, instead of waiting for the opposite. Well, my duties were quite different until now. Children to raise and educate kept me rather busy, and... secluded. It fells like another lifetime entirely, and that I am going into a third phase."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:03 pm

Kakita wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:43 pm

"I believe it is said, 'One only has nothing left to learn when they are in the grave.' I have spent much of my life mastering elements of the blade... but there is always room for development." He said with a nod and a soft smile.

"Perhaps you would honor me with the occasion of sharing our styles with one another whilst we are still locked here in the capital?"
"I would be glad to share my style, and to see yours in return, Kakita-sama." She says with an enthusiastic nod of her head. "I have experienced woefully little of other styles, and such a chance to see another's would be most welcome."