[D2, EA] Imperial Court, Part 1 (Open, Event)

Nozomi

Re: [D2, EA] Imperial Court, Part 1 (Open, Event)

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:09 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:44 am
Kyosei shakes his head. "I think we have split our trails. I meant both the old bird, and others from that trip so long ago, who might also be present for this winter."
She chuckled some and nodded. "Ah, fair then. I think there are a few trains of thought in our talk. You aren't right. We were quite the ... motley crew. So many different natures among us, all so very different, but without each... I have little doubt we risked failure." They'd needed everything.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:11 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:50 am
"Oh, of course. Teaching such simply to anyone doesn't speak to the heart of finding heroes. Anyone can be a hero, but not everyone will be. There need be villains for there to be heroes to oppose them, yes? It wouldn't do well to teach powerful techniques to those who might misuse them for personal gain and glory."
"It's less to do with that and more to do with the fact that such teachings could potentially be modified with enough study, experimentation, and trial and error to cause harm rather than help," he explains. "Plus, you do not need a villain to have a hero. Just a struggle that requires heroic effort to overcome. A person could be a hero by leading his village to strengthen a dam, so that their homes don't wash away in a rainstorm. The rain is not evil or villainous, but it is a danger to be overcome."
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:35 am

Kuu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:11 am
"It's less to do with that and more to do with the fact that such teachings could potentially be modified with enough study, experimentation, and trial and error to cause harm rather than help," he explains. "Plus, you do not need a villain to have a hero. Just a struggle that requires heroic effort to overcome. A person could be a hero by leading his village to strengthen a dam, so that their homes don't wash away in a rainstorm. The rain is not evil or villainous, but it is a danger to be overcome."
Hadananzi nodded his understanding, though it was starting to get a bit lofty for his tastes. "I see, I see. You teach even now the lessons of your order to one such as I, with little understanding of the nature of heroism. I had narrowed my focus only to those who had adversaries to define themselves against, but it seems such need not be the case at all."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:49 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:42 pm
Spotting someone else feeling almost as uncomfortable as she did, the tall-but-not-nearly-as-tall-as-Matsu Dragon princess drifted over in the direction of the Spider warrior.

Oh my, yes, this had to be the Hisomu Matsu she had heard her mother talk abut. "You're the one they call the Thunder?" asked the teen with white flowing hair down her back.
The word seemed even more uncomfortable for her when someone else said it. She turned to fully face the Dragon Princess, and offered a small, if stoic smile. As if trying to shake off the weight of expectation.

"Some people have said that, yes. I'd like to think most will know me by my name, Matsu." Her voice was strong, a deep contralto, yet warm. "It's nice to meet you..." she didn't quite trail off, but more didn't want to assume anything.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:49 am

Nozomi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:09 am
She chuckled some and nodded. "Ah, fair then. I think there are a few trains of thought in our talk. You aren't right. We were quite the ... motley crew. So many different natures among us, all so very different, but without each... I have little doubt we risked failure." They'd needed everything.
"We did. It was balanced on the edge of a knife, several times, I think. But, it did succeed. And now, I think it is time for us both to head our separate ways for a bit, and spread the word a bit. And, for you, young lady, a bit of advice; listen to what your mother tells you, but listen more closely for what she doesn't tell you. That may be the most important part."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:08 am

Kogi lurked--if so elegant a figure could really be said to lurk--near a side wall of the audience hall, observing the proceedings with fan in hand. Saru Yatsufusa's petition was very curious indeed; she wondered what Sasori would think of it. Or Masato, for that matter (whose interaction with Hsieh-Hsieh she had, perhaps fortunately for her nerves, missed).

If indeed she was stuck here for several more days, duty called for her to involve herself in this scene, but for the minute she allowed herself to think, I am looking before I leap, and to stay quiet a bit longer.

((AFK for the night now, but if you want to chat just quote or PM and I'll reply in the morning :D ))
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:17 am

Vivaki enters court with her hair done up, dressed in a figure-hugging pink saree. As at the reception, she lingered near the rear of the room, seemingly amused as she watched everyone mill around and talk to each other. If nothing else, she had a chance to finally see this Emperor everyone had been talking about.
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:20 am

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:48 pm
Ah, look, an Ayeka. A new dark kimono, this time with a pattern reminiscent of several branches, though still with a dark jingasa and veil. She makes all appropriate bows before finding a corner to be out of the way.
Eventually another man found his way out of the way and stood a short distance away from the lurking Spider.

“You have the gait of a swordswoman Lady Spider. Mind if a fellow practitioner join you away from the attention?”
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:22 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:35 am
Hadananzi nodded his understanding, though it was starting to get a bit lofty for his tastes. "I see, I see. You teach even now the lessons of your order to one such as I, with little understanding of the nature of heroism. I had narrowed my focus only to those who had adversaries to define themselves against, but it seems such need not be the case at all."
"But even if it's not necessary for there to be a threat from an enemy, the majority of dangers tend to be from such. People tend to be their own worst enemy. Before the kami, the tribes fought and banditry was a way of life for many. In recent times the Crab were ordered relocated after conflict with the Nezumi. Even with the guidance of the Kami there will be people that seek wealth or power at the expense of their neighbors. We give ourselves ample opportunity to rise above our faults, by virtue of having so many faults."
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:57 am

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:17 am
Vivaki enters court with her hair done up, dressed in a figure-hugging pink saree. As at the reception, she lingered near the rear of the room, seemingly amused as she watched everyone mill around and talk to each other. If nothing else, she had a chance to finally see this Emperor everyone had been talking about.
Genji approached the curious person, fan in hand. Bowing in what he thought was an appropriate depth (what in father's sunshine is appropriate for a foreigner?) he greeted her.

"Greetings Viveki-san. How are you enjoying the court so far?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:58 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:18 pm
She suppressed a laugh. "My sister and her family do enjoy documenting their research, in detail. She wanted me to bring another of her journals, but it was not complete when I left. As for our needs, any kaidan would be appreciated. We collect stories of spirits and other mysterious events ourselves, but I'm sure there's far more out there than what we have. Now that it is certain that my stay will be extended, I'm hoping to host an evening of sharing such tales."
"Huh, you know, time was, I wouldn't have had any- the Hikaru tribe didn't have much time for that sort of thing- But I think I could see about finding a few we've collected. My daughters love them."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:18 am

Susumu arrives late, something that would have aggravated his parents. Reo, in particular was about exacting standards.

But you never realized that it tells people you want to see them. Arriving later changes their expectations and sets you as the more important party.

Susumu finds himself a seat, helping himself to some tea. The scuttlebutt is all about some dragon making a petition about magical creatures or something.

Interesting...

Susumu's eyes follow the shugenja that was pointed out, waiting to see the results.

(Pm if approached)
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:27 am

Kakita wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:20 am
Eventually another man found his way out of the way and stood a short distance away from the lurking Spider.

“You have the gait of a swordswoman Lady Spider. Mind if a fellow practitioner join you away from the attention?”
The woman turned and bowed to her impromptu companion, smiling ever so gently. "The chance to speak with another practitioner of the sword is always welcome. Please, do join me. I am Hisomu Ayeka."
Spider | Bushi | Swordswoman | Idealist | Kind | Kouhai
Honor: A Soul Above Question | Status: 1 | Glory: 3

Carries: katana, fashionable kimono, fancy hat with silk veil, sake cup.

Companion: Shuri, cat.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:51 am

Lost somewhere within the crowd, dressed in his ordinary, nothing special uniform, Ayumu was quietly observing what transpired in the hall.

Court was busy, but still very much manageable, which was a relief. There had been some worry among the palace staff that things would turn hectic today with that many people suddenly finding themselves with nothing to do due to the paralyzing snow. No one loves to argue pointlessly as much as the bored man after all.

Actually, since things were going so well, he was wondering if he wouldn't be more useful by monitoring the outskirts of the palace for persons who might have underestimated the strength of the snowstorm.
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:51 am
-snip-
Kinsen notices someone she has to talk with and moves toward his direction. With a bow, she greets, "Jiyo-san. I hope you have had your rice today. May Lady Sun bless you a thousandfold. How have you been doing these years?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:03 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:27 am

The woman turned and bowed to her impromptu companion, smiling ever so gently. "The chance to speak with another practitioner of the sword is always welcome. Please, do join me. I am Hisomu Ayeka."
“And I am Kakita. A pleasure to make your acquaintance Hisomu-san.” He replied with a polite bow of his head.

“Did you come for the wedding as well?”
Last edited by Kakita on Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:42 pm

Kakita wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:03 pm
“And I am Kakita. A pleasure to meet your acquaintance Hisomu-san.” He replied with a polite bow of his head.

“Did you come for the wedding as well?”
"Indeed," she nods, "though it seems my presence has been lengthened by circumstance," a small laugh escaped her lips. "It is well that I had no pressing business elsewhere, else this snow would truly be a great inconvenience."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:56 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:42 pm

"Indeed," she nods, "though it seems my presence has been lengthened by circumstance," a small laugh escaped her lips. "It is well that I had no pressing business elsewhere, else this snow would truly be a great inconvenience."
He nodded, "I find that most inconveniences can be turned into character building experiences given the right conditions... Most being the imperative word there."

He smiled, "It seems some power that is wishes to have us all cooped up here together in close proximity. I trust that it will work for the good."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:11 pm

Kakita wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:56 pm
He nodded, "I find that most inconveniences can be turned into character building experiences given the right conditions... Most being the imperative word there."

He smiled, "It seems some power that is wishes to have us all cooped up here together in close proximity. I trust that it will work for the good."
"Your words remind me of one of my sensei," she responded with a muted laugh. "You think it not coincidence that we have been trapped here, then? Perhaps you are correct. This is quite the gathering of interesting and important people. I shall be glad to be witness to any momentous events that occur."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:11 pm
"Your words remind me of one of my sensei," she responded with a muted laugh. "You think it not coincidence that we have been trapped here, then? Perhaps you are correct. This is quite the gathering of interesting and important people. I shall be glad to be witness to any momentous events that occur."
He nodded, "It seems that there are a number of events people have planned on the fly as a result of these conditions... Will you be taking part in the revelries later this evening?"

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-