[D2, EA] Imperial Court, Part 1 (Open, Event)

Isawa Kyosei

Re: [D2, EA] Imperial Court, Part 1 (Open, Event)

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:05 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:01 pm

Mayumi beamed at the compliment and flashed the man a rather large grin. "I will be of age soon, -sama," she chirped. "But Mother says we're going to travel together for a while yet. Lots of stories to tell." Nozomi chuckled a little, reaching her hand over to ruffle at her daughter's head when Isawa asked about one of her known occasional companions. She put on a bit of a wicked grin as she replied herself.

"Oh, that old crow? He likes to beg for scraps from time to time when he's around me. I know I've heard a caw in the air recently. Careful of that one. He's a cunning old bird. He will be eating out of your hand if you are not careful." Yes, of course she knew they were talking about Shinsei. She could be coy.
"Ah. Well, I recall that last time I traveled with him, before this young lady was even a glean in your eye. Remember the important material we found out about? It may become important again. Soon." While he could also be circumspect, and followed her easily, he wasn't perhaps as good at it as she.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:18 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:56 pm

"The last time I was in the Bat lands, the library work was proceeding nicely. But I was wondering if there was anything further you needed from us? I feel a bit... unfair, since the Bat Clan's contributions to the libraries are rapidly outstripping what we send you..."
She suppressed a laugh. "My sister and her family do enjoy documenting their research, in detail. She wanted me to bring another of her journals, but it was not complete when I left. As for our needs, any kaidan would be appreciated. We collect stories of spirits and other mysterious events ourselves, but I'm sure there's far more out there than what we have. Now that it is certain that my stay will be extended, I'm hoping to host an evening of sharing such tales."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:20 pm

Satsuki arrived in time to hear Yatsufusa speak with Shiba, and she kind of hovered nearby to... nod approvingly and pretend she had some sort of air of authority to back what he was saying.

Such adult. Much responsible. Very serious. Wow.

The princess fidgeted a bit with the lacing on her sleeves, cautiously watching the proceedings of court.

It was... intimidating.

(PM if approached please. I'm having a hard time following this game so far ^^; )
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:22 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:

Snip
The Saru gained the full attention of both Consort and Fox quite early in his speech. Enough that both ignored the rest of court in it's entirety while he spoke.

Yuzuru deferred to his beloved though, despite his Ayakashi blood and deep connections to the realms beyond wanting to shout out.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:27 pm

The Spider warrior was the first of the delegation to arrive. Her lips a hard line, immediately assessing the gathering. She felt out of her element, but that was the point of being here.

(PM if approached plz)
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:32 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:05 pm

"Ah. Well, I recall that last time I traveled with him, before this young lady was even a glean in your eye. Remember the important material we found out about? It may become important again. Soon." While he could also be circumspect, and followed her easily, he wasn't perhaps as good at it as she.
She folded her arms and gently pushed the fabric of her kimono up one sleeve. there, on her wrist, was a weathered old jade bracelet. It had seen better days. Parts of stone had flaked off long ago, but she'd kept it. In fact, when the orders had been established, she'd insisted that it be a thing that could transcend vows of poverty, as it was a vow of purity.

"I think I'm aware of the substance we're talking. It is probably a thing to be aware of noo matter what, in case. Or am I mis-remembering? It's been a few years. The mind goes." She caught sight of Matsu entering and smiled a little to herself, nearly having to reach and grab her daughter's shoulder. Not yet, kid.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:35 pm

"It was, recently, the subject of a vision by another of our acquaintance." He is not so crass as to even nod his head in another's direction. "Large amounts of snow, foulness, and a possible need for the purity that can bring. And after the snowfall that has happened this past evening, and continues even now..."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:38 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 pm
"Ah, a monk of the order I've heard so much about. It is pleasant to meet you, Kuu-san. I must admit that I haven't traveled outside the castle walls much since the snow began to fall. I've heard the cold is quite bracing, you must have quite the fortitude to travel out within it so casually."
"Not particularly, my fortitude is no greater than an average laborer or warrior. But I do have the ability to realign the energies of my body so that my skin becomes as hot as fire. So the snow melts out of my way if I take my time. And biting cold winds don't mean much when they are warmed before they touch you," he explains. "I can't use the technique to sleep outside, since it takes focus, but cold weather is less inconvenient."
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:41 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
*snip*
Shiba focused his full attention on Yatsufusa as he spoke, nodding slightly at certain points. "I have had the good fortune to marry a member of the Ayakashi. He has done much to ensure that I am more in tune with your concerns that I would have otherwise been." He looked toward Yuzuru with a warm smile and tapped his hand with a fingertip gently. A subtle and understated expression of affection for most people, but this is the Emperor.

He nodded a little deeper than when he initially greeted Yatsufusa. "I will give great consideration to your words as the Empire moves forward, Saru Yatsufusa-san."
Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:22 pm
The Saru gained the full attention of both Consort and Fox quite early in his speech. Enough that both ignored the rest of court in it's entirety while he spoke.

Yuzuru deferred to his beloved though, despite his Ayakashi blood and deep connections to the realms beyond wanting to shout out.
He looked to Yuzuru again, noting his reaction. "I'm sure you have your own wisdom to add to the matter at hand, Yuzuru."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:42 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:27 pm
The Spider warrior was the first of the delegation to arrive. Her lips a hard line, immediately assessing the gathering. She felt out of her element, but that was the point of being here.

(PM if approached plz)
Spotting someone else feeling almost as uncomfortable as she did, the tall-but-not-nearly-as-tall-as-Matsu Dragon princess drifted over in the direction of the Spider warrior.

Oh my, yes, this had to be the Hisomu Matsu she had heard her mother talk abut. "You're the one they call the Thunder?" asked the teen with white flowing hair down her back.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:44 pm

Kuu wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:38 pm

"Not particularly, my fortitude is no greater than an average laborer or warrior. But I do have the ability to realign the energies of my body so that my skin becomes as hot as fire. So the snow melts out of my way if I take my time. And biting cold winds don't mean much when they are warmed before they touch you," he explains. "I can't use the technique to sleep outside, since it takes focus, but cold weather is less inconvenient."
Hadananzi raised his eyebrows slightly. "You can do that yet consider yourself only of average fortitude. Perhaps I should meet more of your order, if such an amazing feat is considered less than astounding." He shook his head slowly. "I find the idea fascinating, to be able to melt snow with only your presence and concentration."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:48 pm

Shiba wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:41 pm
He looked to Yuzuru again, noting his reaction. "I'm sure you have your own wisdom to add to the matter at hand, Yuzuru."
"I do. I have long said that we must not forget what we were or acknowledge how we are changing. The connections to the realms without are some of the dearest things I have strived to maintain. The blood of the Ayakashi is strong here, the Ryu in mine calling to the Kitsune in yours, Saru-san. You can rest assured that I will never forget the other realms as we move forward."

As Yuzuru stopped speaking there was a small yip from his side as his fox rubbed it's muzzle against his leg. Although it's movements were natural, Yatsufusa would think the fox had just . . . nodded to him.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:51 pm

Masanori's presence had been largely invisible, half concealed behind a small table which contained scroll, ink, and pestle. During the speech, the soft scratch of his brush on paper had been audible, but always discreetly hidden by the words of the speaker as much as possible.

Now he sprinkled the words and responses with sand, drying the ink, and then gently brushing the scroll clean, still listening intently so that he could catch up with additional notes once he had put away the first scroll and made room for the second.

Scribe duties were often shared, but Masanori had always been hard to work with, so he was often allowed to do it on his own - after all, his records were always quite accurate.

Starting the second scroll he caught the points made, and then paused, resting back on his heels, dressed in his typical tunic and bloused hakama, the loose garments secured with cloth belts and ties - the garb was trending closer to the kimono that were growing fashionable, but still had hints of the ceremonial origins.

His hair was pulled back with a headband so he could focus on his work, though now that he had a break, he glanced around the room, taking in those present.

(Please PM if approaching)
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:51 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:44 pm
Hadananzi raised his eyebrows slightly. "You can do that yet consider yourself only of average fortitude. Perhaps I should meet more of your order, if such an amazing feat is considered less than astounding." He shook his head slowly. "I find the idea fascinating, to be able to melt snow with only your presence and concentration."
"It's simply a byproduct of a technique intended for use in combat. Those that know the technique are usually practiced in grappling as well," he says. "It is only one of a few such techniques that I know. There are even more known across the order. Some can leap great distances, others can walk on water. It's less about strength of body and more about focus of spirit and a great deal of study. If I were to fall ill and have a sickly body I would still be able to potentially realign my energies to perform those acts."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:01 am

Shiba wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:41 pm
*snip*
Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:48 pm
*snip*
'' Your words, Heika, and yours Yuzuru-dono, brings warm to this one's heart and hope. '' The young dragon bowed again. '' This one will continue to work towards understanding between the creatures of the world, Heika, Yuzuru-dono and gladly will share what i learn with others in order to see harmony between the realms'' And with that Yatsufusa bowed again to both of them in a kneeling position. He gave a look towards the small fox near Yuzuru, and wondered if he was something more than just a normal little fox.

Also, it was rather obvious that the Imperial Consort, much like Yukika, the Crane Spirit, could see through Yatsu's heritage. No doubt that, Shiba could also see through him.

In any case, Yatsufusa picked up his walking stick, and with great difficulty and effort, stood up once again. He bowed, this time in a standing position and then took two steps to the back, and with the third one, turned around and slowly returned to where he was standing before among the crowd, waiting for other petitioners to come forward.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:03 am

Kuu wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:51 pm
"It's simply a byproduct of a technique intended for use in combat. Those that know the technique are usually practiced in grappling as well," he says. "It is only one of a few such techniques that I know. There are even more known across the order. Some can leap great distances, others can walk on water. It's less about strength of body and more about focus of spirit and a great deal of study. If I were to fall ill and have a sickly body I would still be able to potentially realign my energies to perform those acts."
"Still, even as a byproduct this places you in a unique position among those not of your order. I certainly couldn't leap a great distance or walk on water if I were to attempt it. What seems mundane to you is fascinating to those of us without such extraordinary abilities."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:07 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:35 pm
"It was, recently, the subject of a vision by another of our acquaintance." He is not so crass as to even nod his head in another's direction. "Large amounts of snow, foulness, and a possible need for the purity that can bring. And after the snowfall that has happened this past evening, and continues even now..."
Her gaze narrowed. No, no, he didn't need to mention any names. She didn't look in Sora's direction, but she was well aware of what the man was capable of, and the recognition was apparent in her face. "Ah." she didn't bother to conceal that her countenance darkened for a moment. If Sora had seen this, then it was something. Her daughter looked up towards her mother and her hands twitched near where she wished her farming tools were resting at her hips, but one didn't come into the presence of the emperor with farming tools.

"I think this might be a story that an old crow would very much wish to hear. From one mouth or another. Though if I know that old bird, that may be why it insisted on roosting here to eat the seed in this part of the country." She snorted. "I swear that bird has eyes in the back of its head sometimes."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:12 am

"The only problem I have noted with the bird, is that it sometimes flies too high. It can only see things from the top, not from among the masses. There are advantages to that, but also disadvantages." Kyosei shook his head slightly. "The suggestion was raised that those of us with some experience should make ready. There are many fine, bright people here, but few that are actually, truly ready. They have been spared the pain we suffered, but also the learning that comes only with experience."

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:19 am

Hadananzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:03 am
"Still, even as a byproduct this places you in a unique position among those not of your order. I certainly couldn't leap a great distance or walk on water if I were to attempt it. What seems mundane to you is fascinating to those of us without such extraordinary abilities."
"While it may not be mundane to those outside the order, these techniques are things that anyone might learn. Some who have an existing understanding of the elements and their chi, shugenja and monks not of the order, can adapt them by studying with us. But there is nothing barring even the clumsiest, frailest or closed minded individual from learning to perform such feats. All humans are born with the potential for it, unlike magic where the kami have to be willing to listen to you," he explains. "It is the primary reason why some join our order... to learn to master their body and spirit."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:26 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:12 am
"The only problem I have noted with the bird, is that it sometimes flies too high. It can only see things from the top, not from among the masses. There are advantages to that, but also disadvantages." Kyosei shook his head slightly. "The suggestion was raised that those of us with some experience should make ready. There are many fine, bright people here, but few that are actually, truly ready. They have been spared the pain we suffered, but also the learning that comes only with experience."
"The first lesson in preparation is that you are never prepared," she said in a tone that was about as monastic as she ever got. Her body posture didn't change, but she nodded in response to the talk of the old crow. Her daughter looked up curiously and Nozomi glanced down, a brief look of worry flitting on her features. She was even more upset that they were here suddenly, but she remembered Matsu. Matsu had been no younger. She'd endured. She'd bled, fought and ... Mayumi would be no different. "Always be prepared, right daughter?"

She nodded. "Always prepare for the unexpected, and you will never be surprised," the girl chirped up.

"The bird tends to see the forest. He has companions and those who see trees where he flutters far above the concerns of the world. Knowing him, he'll be busy... being what he is. I will endeavor to try and get him some grain to have a moment with his ear if you don't." Her lips thinned. "He should be made aware. I have never stopped being prepared for this, not for a day of my life. I doubt any of us ever completely came back, Isawa-sama. That journey changed us. I meant to make sure it changed only us."