[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Doji Dojihime

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:18 pm

She was a Crane cut from diamond, stoic abd besutiful and highlybdesired after ensuring immense pressure. She was every light shade of blue and her kimono flowed like the ocean. She smiled when needed abd nodded as required, she was poise and she was heir to Doji.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:34 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:05 pm
"Well, if your needs are met then we are pleased." Hadananzi put on his most charming smile to complement his words. "We were quite moved by your gift, it was very thoughtfully presented."
Ayano smiled at that, "Mother also felt it poignant. She does not often turn her hand to that old trade but for such an occasion Lady Makime felt moved."

"And I only do my best to serve, it pleases me to hear such words as well."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:06 pm
Reiko Machiko wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:44 pm

"Did you? Not sure you did, and you don't even know who you walked into" Machiko said with a huff, putting her plate down to the side so she could cross her arms "then reacting rudely after? Not really making it appear that you really apologized, does it? "
Sasori is a curious cat and seeing this argument call upon her attention. She approached the two arguing parties. "Oh my a Spider wants to poison the Lion with her words... or will they start a war in a middle of such joyous occasion." She took her fan out that matches her kimono. "Sad, if such poor etiquette of both were to soil the ball."
Kawauso's eyes had narrowed at the Spider, but the interjection of the fancy Scorpion holds her tongue. There's a brief look of skepticism, a bristling at mention of soiling the ball, and then a soft huff from the Lion.

Voice level, any anger past, Kawauso says, "Perhaps it is difficult to hear in such a well-attended space, so let me say again, 'Apologies, Spider-sama, that I was distracted by the august couple and not sufficiently attentive to your presence." Her head bows a little, showing a modest sincerity and respect.

"And thank you, Scorpion-sama," she says, voice warming a bit more, "for your... encouragement... of good manners."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:05 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:34 pm
Ayano smiled at that, "Mother also felt it poignant. She does not often turn her hand to that old trade but for such an occasion Lady Makime felt moved."

"And I only do my best to serve, it pleases me to hear such words as well."
"Well, tell your mother that we were equally moved in our reception of the gift." Hadananzi's smile never faded as he spoke, almost as if it had been hammered in place like cold steel. His eyes wandered those gathered, taking stock of all who were in attendance. His gaze seemed to linger on a specific individual for a moment longer than the others, but the look was too brief to be certain.

"We hadn't quite expected such a large assembly for our betrothal. It's hard not to get overwhelmed with so many in attendance."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:40 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:37 am

She considers his words for a moment. "The most significant would be my connection to the Void and the training with it my mother has given me."
"The Void? While I have no such connection myself, I have some knowledge of it. Have you trained with any of my family? There is one branch that seems to have several with a connection with the Void."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:42 pm

Kakita wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:30 pm
He paused for a moment, slighting nodding his head in thought.

“That is a great question Shosuro-san.” He gave it another moment of thought.

“The best I can tell... a blade. A blade for the defense of the realm...”
Shosuro looked at him for a long moment, then broke into an unexpectedly warm, sincere smile. "It's a difficult road. I see myself the same way right now."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi? | Unremarkable

Honor: 3.0, Status: 7.0, Glory: 1.0

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:49 pm

He nodded, “Our destinies cannot be avoided... but they can be embraced.”
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:52 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:40 pm
"The Void? While I have no such connection myself, I have some knowledge of it. Have you trained with any of my family? There is one branch that seems to have several with a connection with the Void."
She shook her head. "My mother has refined the techniques she used and passed them on to myself and others who have joined our clan. I would be interested in learning more from others, however, and perhaps refining our methods further."
Last edited by Ryoshun Rei on Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:52 pm

Kakita wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:49 pm
He nodded, “Our destinies cannot be avoided... but they can be embraced.”
"I would say duty cannot be avoided," she reasoned, frowning a little. "Destiny... is more of where things are heading than a command that they should head there. I would like to hope so, anyway."

Played by GM Canary

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:02 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:52 pm

She shook her head. "My mother has refined the techniques she used and passed them on to myself and others who have joined our clan. I would be interested in learning more from others, however, and perhaps refining our methods further."
"While I cannot guarantee it, if you wish an introduction, I can attempt to see it happens. I have few connections, but I would do what I can, if you wish."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:12 pm

Shosuro wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:52 pm

"I would say duty cannot be avoided," she reasoned, frowning a little. "Destiny... is more of where things are heading than a command that they should head there. I would like to hope so, anyway."
“One can avoid their duties I think. To shirk those duties will bring consequences... but one can run from commands. One cannot run from destiny. Because wherever they run... they only grow nearer to it.” He replied thoughtfully as his eyes came across the groom as he caught a glimpse from the man.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:28 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:02 pm
"While I cannot guarantee it, if you wish an introduction, I can attempt to see it happens. I have few connections, but I would do what I can, if you wish."
"I would like that. My family would like to become more acquainted with the Isawa." she smiled. "We appreciate all of the Imperial families, of course. But, I feel that there is much we could share with yours."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:31 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 pm
Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Reiko Machiko wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:44 pm

"Did you? Not sure you did, and you don't even know who you walked into" Machiko said with a huff, putting her plate down to the side so she could cross her arms "then reacting rudely after? Not really making it appear that you really apologized, does it? "
Sasori is a curious cat and seeing this argument call upon her attention. She approached the two arguing parties. "Oh my a Spider wants to poison the Lion with her words... or will they start a war in a middle of such joyous occasion." She took her fan out that matches her kimono. "Sad, if such poor etiquette of both were to soil the ball."
Kawauso's eyes had narrowed at the Spider, but the interjection of the fancy Scorpion holds her tongue. There's a brief look of skepticism, a bristling at mention of soiling the ball, and then a soft huff from the Lion.

Voice level, any anger past, Kawauso says, "Perhaps it is difficult to hear in such a well-attended space, so let me say again, 'Apologies, Spider-sama, that I was distracted by the august couple and not sufficiently attentive to your presence." Her head bows a little, showing a modest sincerity and respect.

"And thank you, Scorpion-sama," she says, voice warming a bit more, "for your... encouragement... of good manners."
"Machiko-san! There you are! "

I leave for ten minutes to present the gift and what does she get up to?

Susume bows to the pair around his friend. "Thank you for your kindness and company for Reiko-san Lion-san, Scoroion-san. She is a scholar without peer, and is...a potent brew of tea. I am Hisomu Susumu, a pleasure to make your aquaintances"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:33 pm

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:04 pm
"My family has had dealings with the Nezumi for many years." She places a hand on her chest. "That is actually my position among my family. I serve as a, ah... liasson to the Nezumi, ensuring that all of our trade routes remain operational while handling any issues that might arise. It is something I have been doing for... let's see, nine years now?"
"Oh? Their relations with our people were less.... pleasant prior to Heavenfall."

And counting the Crab's invasion, briefly thereafter.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:45 pm

Kakita wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:12 pm
“One can avoid their duties I think. To shirk those duties will bring consequences... but one can run from commands. One cannot run from destiny. Because wherever they run... they only grow nearer to it.” He replied thoughtfully as his eyes came across the groom as he caught a glimpse from the man.
"I can't imagine running from my duties. I suppose it's better to say it's not possible for me in particular." She took note of the exchange, frowning slightly. "I suppose that may be."

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:54 pm

“What are your duties?” He asked without guile.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:05 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:31 pm
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 pm
Bayushi Sasori wrote:

"Machiko-san! There you are! "

I leave for ten minutes to present the gift and what does she get up to?

Susume bows to the pair around his friend. "Thank you for your kindness and company for Reiko-san Lion-san, Scoroion-san. She is a scholar without peer, and is...a potent brew of tea. I am Hisomu Susumu, a pleasure to make your aquaintances"
"A pleasure indeed, Hisomu-," there's a moment of hesitation, "-sama," Kawauso says with a respectable bow. "Akodo Kawauso is my name. And I think Reiko-san and I were just discovering we have similar levels of pleasure to be here," the Lion says smoothly, a little sparkle in her eye.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:25 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:05 pm
"Well, tell your mother that we were equally moved in our reception of the gift." Hadananzi's smile never faded as he spoke, almost as if it had been hammered in place like cold steel. His eyes wandered those gathered, taking stock of all who were in attendance. His gaze seemed to linger on a specific individual for a moment longer than the others, but the look was too brief to be certain.

"We hadn't quite expected such a large assembly for our betrothal. It's hard not to get overwhelmed with so many in attendance."
"Forgive me for saying this...but why? You married a granddaughter of Lady Sun herself, the first to do so I believe." Ayano blinked, "And the heir of the Nanzi family as well. I would have been stunned if it was a small occurrence."

She followed his gaze when she noticed it linger, curious enough to see who he might have singled out. Though restrained enough to not make it too obvious. "Perhaps best to think of it as a visible show of support for the beginning of your marriage Nanzi-sama."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:39 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:25 pm
"Forgive me for saying this...but why? You married a granddaughter of Lady Sun herself, the first to do so I believe." Ayano blinked, "And the heir of the Nanzi family as well. I would have been stunned if it was a small occurrence."

She followed his gaze when she noticed it linger, curious enough to see who he might have singled out. Though restrained enough to not make it too obvious. "Perhaps best to think of it as a visible show of support for the beginning of your marriage Nanzi-sama."
"Well, the weather, for one thing. We assumed a decent number would be here already, but hadn't expected many travelers to make their way here. Though I suppose it was never intended to be a small gathering, taking place in the imperial capitol of all places."

There was a soft hint of a chuckle as Hadananzi returned his attention to Ayano. There'd be time enough to deal with the Bat later. "I am humbled to be supported by so many, and I only hope my union with the Crane will bear the fruit that I hope it shall."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:45 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:39 pm
"Well, the weather, for one thing. We assumed a decent number would be here already, but hadn't expected many travelers to make their way here. Though I suppose it was never intended to be a small gathering, taking place in the imperial capitol of all places."

There was a soft hint of a chuckle as Hadananzi returned his attention to Ayano. There'd be time enough to deal with the Bat later. "I am humbled to be supported by so many, and I only hope my union with the Crane will bear the fruit that I hope it shall."
Ayano canted her head slightly at those words, "Were you not already Crane Nanzi-sama? Mother said you had been a close advisor of similar to Lord Nanzi."

She shook her head, "Forgive my forwardness. Of course a great many wish to see the descendants of the Kami prosper."

"And...yes the weather, though it seemed to have held fair this morning. And in truth only those of the Stag have far to travel. Much of his Majesty's people seem gathered in the north."