[D6, EA] Imperial Court, Part 3

Nozomi

Re: [D6, EA] Imperial Court, Part 3

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:40 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:33 am
"One, but not both, of the daughters of Jiyo Sora. It is also possible she is a Void-talented person, but I am hoping you can figure that out easier than I can. Shirayuki, to be precise."
She blinked. there was momentary surprise in her face. "Oh yes. I know the girl. She's a contemplative one, to be sure," she said for a moment before considering. "I can speak with Jiyo-sama on the matter if she has an interest in it." There was just a slight hesitation there. But that wasn't the monk or politico in her. That was the mother and old friend of Sora there. She didn't want to step on a family she knew well's toes, but if there was interest...

"If I see her tomorrow, I think I might take a moment to try something. With her father's permission of course."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:36 am

"I have known she has some sort of gift for some time. This is the first time both parents allowed her begin training. When doing meditation, she felt nothing that would involve an elemental indication, but a oneness with all."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:49 am

"That is, yes, more of a reflection of the Order and the Togashi's practice. I will have to look into this in greater detail, to be certain of the particulars. I think that I may be able to do quite a bit in that regard." She definitely thought that was something worth looking into at the very least. If Shirayuki had the talent, there were a few schools of thought that could be valuable developing it.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:09 am

Kyosei nods. "Hai. Once I realized her talents were not in any area I could potentially help with, save in the most basic ways, I moved to find another to teach her. And, with your presence here, it seemed only fitting."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:36 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:09 am
Kyosei nods. "Hai. Once I realized her talents were not in any area I could potentially help with, save in the most basic ways, I moved to find another to teach her. And, with your presence here, it seemed only fitting."
"I will definitely check in with my old friend. He may be willing to have her tested. I know that he wants to have each of the children taught in the best ways, and if that's where her talents lie, we'll be happy to offer that." she certainly wouldn't say no if that ended up being the case.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:20 am

"She seems to feel she learns best by trying, even if it is above her talents, and failing, but also absorbs information from reading like a sponge." He shrugs. "And really enjoys her chases of Tsieh-Tsieh."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:36 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:20 am
"She seems to feel she learns best by trying, even if it is above her talents, and failing, but also absorbs information from reading like a sponge." He shrugs. "And really enjoys her chases of Tsieh-Tsieh."
"Heh. Then when it comes down to training, I'd be a better teaacher than Kuu. Kuu is gifted in a very cerebral sort of way and I am ... well, you know me. I'm very much the type who learned by doing." Absolutely it was her primary MO.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:20 am

"She might also have some interesting times with the Old Crow; might help him get knocked off his pedestal a bit." His opinion of Shinsei may not be the best.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:05 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:20 am
"She might also have some interesting times with the Old Crow; might help him get knocked off his pedestal a bit." His opinion of Shinsei may not be the best.
She snorted and laughed. "He would see himself knocked off that pedestal if he could manage it. I think the man has never quite known what to do with all of the weight people sometimes place on his perspective." They had come to him with many questions in the past week which she was surprised about, mostly because they were very far out of their wheel house.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:37 am

"Well, she is fairly irreverent, but still young yet. Might help him."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:18 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:37 am
"Well, she is fairly irreverent, but still young yet. Might help him."
She chuckled. "He'll just end up taking a shying to her. The man has a penchant for picking up strays somehow that he hasn't realized yet."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:24 am

"Well, from my view of him, during that mess down South, metaphysically speaking, he stands on a pedestal, so they might sense him easier than others."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:32 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:24 am
"Well, from my view of him, during that mess down South, metaphysically speaking, he stands on a pedestal, so they might sense him easier than others."
"mmm... he does, though a little secret. I don't think he actually wanted that pedestal. He stands there all the same, but the reality is that it was others who put him there." She glanced in the direction of the throne and then back. "They had good reason... but there is a saying. Heavy is the crown. He will never live up to the legends people tell of him. He's just a man, like you or I. Whatever special wisdom he carries? It does not cover everything, and he can be a fool at times. A good fool. One I follow, but even Shinsei makes mistakes. I am around sometimes to remind him of that fact."

Sometimes she worried a little that he would forget that fact and get his damned head in too deep. No. She knew he would.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:52 pm

"And, so I hope Shirayuki might also be. She has a good head, and a sense of humor I like."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:41 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:52 pm
"And, so I hope Shirayuki might also be. She has a good head, and a sense of humor I like."
"She's a good kid. she'll be fine, I assure you." Nozomi smiled reassuringly. "Thank you for bringing this to my attention."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:15 am

"Thank you for being willing to take on another student. I know you currently have one, but... Well."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:53 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:15 am
"Thank you for being willing to take on another student. I know you currently have one, but... Well."
"Nothing says I can't take another, but Mayumi is almost completed with the training that I can give," she admitted. "It will soon be time for me to take new students on."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:03 pm

Kyosei's eyes narrow, thought evident in him, then widen. "Have you heard the story of the two hunters? One is content to take his bow, and his arrows, and to hunt. The other, taking an extra bow string, and knife, and even twine, to make more arrows. While they are out, a hillside falls on them. Both survive, but cannot go back the way they came, and both had their bowstring snapped. One perished, as the lost bowstring meant he could not feed himself to go around the mountains to get home. The other had an extra bowstring, and made it back alive, with extra for his family. Should not your own bowstring have a backup?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:28 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:03 pm
Kyosei's eyes narrow, thought evident in him, then widen. "Have you heard the story of the two hunters? One is content to take his bow, and his arrows, and to hunt. The other, taking an extra bow string, and knife, and even twine, to make more arrows. While they are out, a hillside falls on them. Both survive, but cannot go back the way they came, and both had their bowstring snapped. One perished, as the lost bowstring meant he could not feed himself to go around the mountains to get home. The other had an extra bowstring, and made it back alive, with extra for his family. Should not your own bowstring have a backup?"
"..."

If only he knew that his illustration very much applied to her own family. Shinsei's heir had to survive, and there were three... but she didn't like to think that way, not about her Daughter. No matter how important her destiny was, whichever took it, she was her daughter and she would be damned if that bowstring snapped on her watch. She reminded herself that he had no way of knowing and sighed.

Ahem. "An apt description I suppose, though I don't like thinking of my students quite as bowstrings," she managed a tight smile. "However, if you will forgive me, Isawa-sama. I need to see to this, to make sure everything is in readiness. Carry the fortunes."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:35 am

Kyosei, who's mind had leaps of logic, and who was not as unseeing as others sometimes thought, merely nodded. "Fortune's carry you, Nozomi-san."