[EA, D8] Court Part 5

Otomo Gusai

Re: [EA, D8] Court Part 5

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:11 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:19 am
Although unarmed and unarmored, Yoshitsune Chizu could not do less than the others: the Crab moved forward to help keep the monstrous creature from hurting anyone.
Glancing about, Gusai sees the tall Crab woman, and, bowing to excuse himself from Genji and Kinsen, approaches her quietly.

He bows. "Yoshitsune-san," he says, "might we have a word?"
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:13 pm

Wu Ko wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:54 am
Ko near-smiles through the focus at feeling the hand, hearing the voice. Nodding when Satsuki speaks she furrows her brow, "I.." she hesitates a moment, a frown. Broken by a rising smile however, for all that has happened those she cares for were safe. There was something to that which was powerful enough. With her hands on the sides of Satsuki's shoulders she gives each of them a gentle brush as she looks up to her.

Looking over her shoulder to Hiroya she smiles, nods, "We are okay," she says, a renewal to that smile. Looking back to Satsuki as she inhales, and exhales, trying to find her own normalcy again as the rest of the room has moved on. With the gentle brush Ko did not remove her hands from Satsuki, but the moment she felt Sarsuki did not want or need them there they would fall.

"I left only for one night," she says, meeting Satsuki's eye.
"It's not like I'm responsible for this," she retorted, and broke into a brief smile. That little moment of levity was what she needed to find her focus again. But after court, she would want to be away from everyone else.

Hearing her cousin's words, she tensed visibly. It would be wrong for Dojihime to die for some she couldn't have known or prevented. Those responsible needed to die... not her.

She didn't stomp up to the dais but she did look ready to protest if her uncle against all reason (in her opinion) wanted her cousin dead.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:16 pm

Sora stood behind Dojihime, his face...plainly troubled.

Accepting her death for her father's hubris and then an infiltration none of them had seen coming sat wrong with him, and he plainly wasn't wild about the idea.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:36 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:11 pm
He bows. "Yoshitsune-san," he says, "might we have a word?"
"Certainly, Ship Captain Otomo," Chizu said, bowing politely. "How can I help you?"
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:36 pm
"Certainly, Ship Captain Otomo," Chizu said, bowing politely. "How can I help you?"
"Immensely," Gusai replies, gesturing off to the side so that they can stand away from main actions. Thus moved, assuming Chizu's willing, Gusai begins, quietly.

"You'll forgive the forwardness in the moment, I hope, but the present situation has highlighted a need for unity across the Empire. I know the Crab have been hindered by the Displacement; the Stag have also endured somewhat for it, though not so much, and there's some resentment on both sides. You and your Clan-mates with whom I've spoken seem to want to move past that, as do the Stag, so I would propose that we take this opportunity to put our combined influence to making that happen, publicly and formally.

"I'll be happy to talk specific terms later today or tomorrow, but I think the show of unity would do all of us some good, and faster will be better for it."

He looks to where a seppuku might be about to happen. "And it might forestall some more precipitous actions that will, as a patient man suggested, have rippling effects for years to come."
Otomo Gusai

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:21 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:43 pm
"You'll forgive the forwardness in the moment, I hope, but the present situation has highlighted a need for unity across the Empire. I know the Crab have been hindered by the Displacement; the Stag have also endured somewhat for it, though not so much, and there's some resentment on both sides.
The Crab furrowed her brow at this statement. "What possible hardship could you have suffered, in taking over our former lands?" she said, somewhat incredulously.
Otomo Gusai wrote:You and your Clan-mates with whom I've spoken seem to want to move past that, as do the Stag, so I would propose that we take this opportunity to put our combined influence to making that happen, publicly and formally.

"I'll be happy to talk specific terms later today or tomorrow, but I think the show of unity would do all of us some good, and faster will be better for it."
"I am interested in seeing a rapprochement between our Clans," Chizu agreed. "But, I'm afraid I'm not a daimyo or a minister who could change clan policy on my own initiative. It would be, well, difficult, to publicly declare the Crab to be friends with the Stag without the approval of my superiors, or some grand gesture from the Stag."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:29 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:21 pm
Snip
"The Crab are not alone in no longer being in the lands in which their ancestors lived", Gusai replies, still quietly. "And I take your point about relative rank. But perhaps we can attend to the grand gesture."

He looks toward Genji and Kinsen, standing still nearby, and nods to them. See it, and wave us over, please! he thinks.
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:02 pm
Tag
Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:59 am
Tag
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:30 pm

Genji nodded towards Gusai and Chizu, waving an arm, noticing Gusai's gaze.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:34 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:29 pm
Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:21 pm
Snip
"The Crab are not alone in no longer being in the lands in which their ancestors lived", Gusai replies, still quietly. "And I take your point about relative rank. But perhaps we can attend to the grand gesture."

He looks toward Genji and Kinsen, standing still nearby, and nods to them. See it, and wave us over, please! he thinks.
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:02 pm
Tag
Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:59 am
Tag
Kinsen was paying attention, and encourages Genji to follow her with her fan gently guiding the direction.

"Ara. Yoshitsune-san!" Kinsen beams up, "Today's happenings makes us remind the importance of union, and to know each other better." She takes a moment to look at Genji, and says, "I confess I am proud of my son and his initiative."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:36 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:38 am
“Thank you,” she said thankful for the Imperial support.

“There is one final matter, the failure of the Crane in this matter. We have failed, but we will learn from this but if punishment must come then I will bear it. As heir to the clan and acting leader of this delegation it falls to me. I announce that if you wish it so and if Jiyo Sora is willing to act as second, then my life is yours for this failure.”

“Doji Hikaru would act as regent to my sister, until such time my mother has recovered fully or my sister comes of age,” she offered.

Dojihime finished with, “Say the word, honored Uncle and it shall be done.”
Hearing that announcement, Matsu's lips curled to a harsh frown. "Why throw away your life when there is work to be done!" She yelled from the peanut gallery. "I hate you, but dammit, I respect you. To offer your life in recomepense is Courage. But to live to deal with this, even moreso!" The woman bit out, standing before the Spider delegation.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:54 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:29 pm
He looks toward Genji and Kinsen, standing still nearby, and nods to them.
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:34 pm
Kinsen was paying attention, and encourages Genji to follow her with her fan gently guiding the direction.
Chizu noticed the byplay among the Stag, but they had been friendly to her so far. So she seemed willing enough to go along.
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
"Ara. Yoshitsune-san!" Kinsen beams up, "Today's happenings makes us remind the importance of union, and to know each other better." She takes a moment to look at Genji, and says, "I confess I am proud of my son and his initiative."
The Crab bowed deeply to Kinsen as the Lady of the Stag joined them. "Your son is indeed impressive, and deserving of your praise," Chizu said truthfully.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:57 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:54 pm
Tag
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tag
Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:30 pm
Tag
Gusai bows again, and he quietly continues:

"Lady Hantei, young lord, please excuse my directness in the current situation.

"If I remember right, there'd been discussion of how to bring our Clans, Crab and Stag, closer together, correct? And the idea of doing so via marriage had been noted, as well, hadn't it?"
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:32 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tag
Hantei Genji wrote:
Tag
Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:57 pm
Gusai bows again, and he quietly continues:

"Lady Hantei, young lord, please excuse my directness in the current situation.

"If I remember right, there'd been discussion of how to bring our Clans, Crab and Stag, closer together, correct? And the idea of doing so via marriage had been noted, as well, hadn't it?"
Kinsen nods and pops her fan open. Yet, she doesn't cover her lips or speak low, since there was no direct criticism. "Indeed it has. Yoshitune-sama has been a very good friend of mine, and someone that made possible my marriage with dear husband. I would be honored if the Stag could return this fortune in similar measure to the Crab Clan."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:36 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:13 pm
"It's not like I'm responsible for this," she retorted, and broke into a brief smile. That little moment of levity was what she needed to find her focus again. But after court, she would want to be away from everyone else.

Hearing her cousin's words, she tensed visibly. It would be wrong for Dojihime to die for some she couldn't have known or prevented. Those responsible needed to die... not her.

She didn't stomp up to the dais but she did look ready to protest if her uncle against all reason (in her opinion) wanted her cousin dead.
"No, you are not," she says, brief smile. Patting her shoulders once more she lets her hands down from them. Looking back to Hiroya, reaching for his hand to pull him to her side, and stepping to Satsuki's side to return the young Dragon to her position of prominence, to the front. Ko behind and not merely physically, giving the support of presence should she need to protest. Such a thing, after all, seemed utterly wasteful.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:37 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Tag
Hantei Genji wrote:
Tag
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:32 pm
Tag
"Just so," Gusai replies, remaining hushed. "And it would affirm our reconnections and commitment to them to have such a marriage, of course. All the more so," he ventures, "were the participants known to one another and agreeable to one another's company."
Otomo Gusai

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:13 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:42 am

"Lord Yuzuru sama, Sasori of the Bayushi with a concern." She announced herself giving proper reverence.
Yuzuru looks in the direction of the sound. Hsieh-Hsieh snarls and sets himself in the way . . . not trusting anyone again.

The Scorpion girl is acknowledged . . . but Yuzuru's attention is on Dojihime for now so he bids Sasori to wait until the Crane's fate has played out.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:06 pm

Kuni had qued up to offer what help he may offer (and possibly the Spider as a whole if Susumu does not step forward and allows the man more knowledgeable about the enemy to speak).
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:21 pm

The Doji offering her life seemed silly. Perhaps this was just one of the differences between monks and samurai. "Someone willing to die for their people is worth more living to help those people. It is the soul of a hero that lives between those lines."

Kuu states, moving near the dais, but staying a bit farther from Dojihime.

"I would not live in a world where a person's life was weighed to be worth less than mistakes or failures of others."

The implication being that he would choose death if her life was demanded.
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:34 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:13 pm
Yuzuru looks in the direction of the sound. Hsieh-Hsieh snarls and sets himself in the way . . . not trusting anyone again.

The Scorpion girl is acknowledged . . . but Yuzuru's attention is on Dojihime for now so he bids Sasori to wait until the Crane's fate has played out.
The Bayushi waited as commanded. She looked at the fox and smiled. She whispers to the fox "I come in peace"
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:32 pm
Kinsen nods and pops her fan open. Yet, she doesn't cover her lips or speak low, since there was no direct criticism. "Indeed it has. Yoshitune-sama has been a very good friend of mine, and someone that made possible my marriage with dear husband. I would be honored if the Stag could return this fortune in similar measure to the Crab Clan."
Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:37 pm
"Just so," Gusai replies, remaining hushed. "And it would affirm our reconnections and commitment to them to have such a marriage, of course. All the more so," he ventures, "were the participants known to one another and agreeable to one another's company."
Chizu nodded at Kinsen and Gusai's sentiments, but she was careful to keep a neutral expression as she looked from them to Genji.